gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 06:02:11 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  Can't upload/download files
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can't upload/download files  (Read 19915 times)

Offline grammykaryn

• Forum Member
Can't upload/download files
« on: May 10, 2008, 03:30:38 am »
 :(
Sorry I started a new topic but I couldn't figure out how to post to an existing topic.  I am unable to upload any files.  I am using Windows Vista SP1, WinMX 3.54beta4.  I am not using the Windows firewall but am using Norton 360.  I have checked in the Norton firewall settings and WinMX doesn't show in the list of programs, so I can't change the firewall settings.  HELP!
Thanks,
Karyn

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Re: Can't upload/download files
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 12:45:47 pm »
you should be able to use the add program option & browse to winmx (or any other program) to add an unlisted one, however, it's far more common for no uploads to be caused by needing to configure ports in your modem/router a visit to http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm is called for, click on the listing for your modem/router, on winmx in the program list that appears & follow the instructions
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

robert p

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 09:50:05 am »
iv tryed to port forward; when in firewall and bringing up winmx 1 and 2 to send port numbers the firewall dose not except them wat do i do ? 8)

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 09:59:28 am »
Hi Robert

What firewall is it?
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

rob

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 10:03:39 am »
yes i did go to add programs enterd all thats needed and portforward is not recanise the port numbers  just to add it is a windows xp

robert p

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 10:11:03 am »
is it posseble to not have gone thrugh config to router if program  has downloaded

Offline lamia

• Forum Member
  • I LOVE my music
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 02:41:56 am »
Hi every one, I am having trouble with uploading, it started of fine this morning but all of a sudden they were all getting timed out waiting for incoming connections, WHY I feel lkie a broken record with this. Everyone trying to up load is getting the same response with it, yet it was running so well earlier on in the morning.(Australia time).
Hello world

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 02:19:54 am »
Hi Lamia

Has the problem sorted itself or are you still having issues?
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline lamia

• Forum Member
  • I LOVE my music
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 02:57:02 am »
No, it seems fine in the morning here (Australia) then by about 11 - 11-30am it goes into Timed out(waiting for incoming connections), I have tried all I can find out what to do, I have even turned off Nortons at the moment along with my firewall, I have tried the port section and the unable to send or receive but nothing, it is still timing out but I can download fine, I am really unsure about changing settings, I am 63 today and an old fart but I do still love my music and can't live without winmx, I feel so guilty when people can't upload from me, but I am trying my utmost to get it sorted, could it just be the time of day? I switch on at 4am and all works so well.
Hello world

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 03:02:05 am »
It sounds like the isp is blocking p2p during peak times. Let me know through pm what the isp is and i will do some research for it.

Happy Birthday :D :D

Offline lamia

• Forum Member
  • I LOVE my music
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 03:45:28 am »
I checked with my isp provider and he said he did not do any blocking but there is break in cables in the Mediterranean and all traffic is being routed through the USA so it might be that, they are blocking some things to let business data through at peak periods, it will be interesting to see what happens in a couple of days.
Hello world

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 03:49:40 am »
If you could be please keep us posted.

Offline lamia

• Forum Member
  • I LOVE my music
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 06:27:58 am »
Yes I will, I still can't upload with anyone as it keeps timing out, I have just changed my settings to unable to send or receive to see what happens with that this pm, I will then try again in the morning at about 4am and see jst how long it goes for.  Thanks for your help, I am still going crazy with it all.
Hello world

Offline lamia

• Forum Member
  • I LOVE my music
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 06:59:06 am »
Well at 4-50pm(Aussie time) it all started to upload again, so if you can find out what is going on.........please let ME know, anyway have a good day.

I will see what time it all stops again tomorrow morning.
Hello world

Offline lamia

• Forum Member
  • I LOVE my music
upload
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 07:03:31 pm »
Well I have been switch on since 4am and all is running AOK, I will now wait and see what 11am brings for me.

Hello world

Testuser

Re: upload
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 09:33:46 pm »
Well I have been switch on since 4am and all is running AOK, I will now wait and see what 11am brings for me.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  Can't upload/download files

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx