gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 10:12:50 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Eagles Patch positives and Negatives.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Eagles Patch positives and Negatives.  (Read 3786 times)

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
Eagles Patch positives and Negatives.
« on: June 17, 2008, 02:08:47 am »
Please post here for anyone that has used the Beta patch that has had problems or has heard problems.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Mr.Snicky

• Forum Member
  • Yep?
Re: Eagles Patch positives and Negatives.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 09:27:27 am »
where is it ?

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 09:45:35 am »
The site has been closed down... due to premature release. But it would be interesting to find out what others have found.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 01:53:15 pm »
well after a day or so running primary would wake up to find that all secondrys had gone, only one primary connected. dropped from whatever room i was in. i would have maybe 1 person uploading at 0kbs.  I would have to close winmx then reopen it again to get any functionality back. That was the major one that got me anyhow.

Their was also a little block counter thingy on the top of the screen, if you loaded with mxmoni it wouldnt show, loaded winmx normally it would.  trivial i know. but yes, i tested it strenously.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline kelcey2000

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 02:42:36 pm »
The site has been closed down... due to premature release. But it would be interesting to find out what others have found.
actualy the site says the following:

Due to recent activities & accusations it has been decided that neither partys invloved with this site (Eagle & Marty) wish to continue with the project any longer

19:45.GMT - 15/06/08

No mention of it being about anything to do with premature release issues ?

edit: im also curious as to what the premature release issues might be ? and where can we find information about the premature release and that being the reason the site has shut down ?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 03:27:46 pm »
Due to recent activities & accusations it has been decided that neither partys invloved with this site (Eagle & Marty) wish to continue with the project any longer

Tig was being polite Kelcey.

Offline Mr.Snicky

• Forum Member
  • Yep?
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 03:38:11 pm »
premature release? Eh... should've kept things to the right people it seems.... oh well.. i was interested in trying it out.

Offline kelcey2000

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 03:49:20 pm »

Tig was being polite Kelcey.

the site was closed down due to premature release looks like its an insinuation of sorts, specialy when you take the post that was put on the actual site to begin with, what was the actual reason ? what were the acusations made ? and what are the premature release issues that are being refered to ? its a short line that says nothing at all yet leaves plenty of room for speculation. This i consider to be a bad thing.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 04:56:25 pm »
Why waste time on speculation when the whole matter was discussed in the news section here  :/

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=6797.0.html

Unfortunately due to off topic conversations starting up it meant no further discussion is possible in that particular thread.

Offline kelcey2000

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 05:25:33 am »
Why waste time on speculation when the whole matter was discussed in the news section here  :/

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=6797.0.html

Unfortunately due to off topic conversations starting up it meant no further discussion is possible in that particular thread.

After having read the entire post a lot of questions arise. You mention how the whole matter has been discused on the topic you mentioned yet it leaves only room for more speculation of sorts. A lot of people are saying a great many things yet how is the common user to understand most of it if any?  And what is considered to be truth in that topic?

Something that also strikes me as odd is the fact that people who ask particular questions dont get a direct answer.  There is no lack of fingerpointing and blameshifting in this topic tho, it appears to me that any view thats does not stroke with the view of this Site gets struck down with brute force. This is not the way a forum should work. People should be able to express their points of view no matter how heated they are. It should however be done in an adult way, and without the fear of reprisal for words spoken in passion. I noticed on another topic that was posted in this very same part of the forum that on this forum it is best to watch youre step when it comes to the words you pick. https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=6805.0.html this is the topic i am talking about. After reading this you get the feeling that you need to count youre words very carefully or they will be removed and so will youre account. This is not a way to get people to talk or speak their minds, they will feel bound in every word they say out of fear for reprisal from the forummanagement. I personaly did not think the topic mentioned had strayed as much as was portrayed here, it was a heated passionate arguement. Also i would like to mention that i read a post that user: Tig  made on that very topic. They had a lot to say on the matter in that particular topic yet on this topic they chose to use the words "premature release"
again this strikes me as odd, why say one thing on one topic and something else on another topic?

Im sorry if i am going off topic with my reply, it was not my plan to do so, i am just stating my concerns. I hope this topic will not be locked due to me having led it slightly of topic. I couldnt respond on the other topic since it has been locked.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 09:31:08 am »
If you have any questions, please feel free to just ask them directly Kelcey, most of us here are not interested in beating around the bush with visitors who question our honesty but come here displaying nothing to trust about themselves.

If you as a user come here seeking information and you obtain it regularly that builds up a trust base, this is why most people come here and stay here to post further, other forums and groups have proved themselves deceitful and will point blank refuse to answer your questions, that will not happen here, for direct questions you will receive direct answers, I don't think its reasonable to imply or allude to anything other than this occurring when we take great pains to ensure information is accurate and honest.

In response to your major criticism of having to watch ones words, a quick browse through any of the topics here will reveal confrontations or arguments of the sort I pointed you to are rare and 95% of the posters are happy with the information obtained here from the volunteers, the remaining few topics that do turn nasty will often feature the same people using the same language in an impolite or confrontational way and crying foul when they are cited for stepping over the line of mutual respect, a forum can only operate on the premise of goodwill and the reciprocation of that good will, in the topics that have gone off track the community gained nothing and good will was decidedly lacking, you can draw your own conclusions from that, as I did above from you using a series of proxies to hide behind.

I await your questions and will endeavour to satisfy you of our good intentions that perhaps did not come across clearly to you in the broken patch thread.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 01:23:38 pm »
Well, im not really sure i understand half of this thread, but the circumstances of the release of the patch referred to forced the hand of the more popular winmx sites to all but ignore the release. This no doubt led to the patch gaining little publicity, which was a shame as the version i tested worked very well, the developers made a choice and at that point the patch was set to fall pretty much flat.

Offline kelcey2000

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 03:47:39 pm »
If you have any questions, please feel free to just ask them directly Kelcey, most of us here are not interested in beating around the bush with visitors who question our honesty but come here displaying nothing to trust about themselves.

If you as a user come here seeking information and you obtain it regularly that builds up a trust base, this is why most people come here and stay here to post further, other forums and groups have proved themselves deceitful and will point blank refuse to answer your questions, that will not happen here, for direct questions you will receive direct answers, I don't think its reasonable to imply or allude to anything other than this occurring when we take great pains to ensure information is accurate and honest.

In response to your major criticism of having to watch ones words, a quick browse through any of the topics here will reveal confrontations or arguments of the sort I pointed you to are rare and 95% of the posters are happy with the information obtained here from the volunteers, the remaining few topics that do turn nasty will often feature the same people using the same language in an impolite or confrontational way and crying foul when they are cited for stepping over the line of mutual respect, a forum can only operate on the premise of goodwill and the reciprocation of that good will, in the topics that have gone off track the community gained nothing and good will was decidedly lacking, you can draw your own conclusions from that, as I did above from you using a series of proxies to hide behind.

I await your questions and will endeavour to satisfy you of our good intentions that perhaps did not come across clearly to you in the broken patch thread.

So let me see if i understand you correctly. I should first make many postings on this forum and post many answers on many topics in order to establish my credability first ? Then i should turn of my proxy's and let everyone have free access to what ever information that they can get their hands on ? I dont think so !

Did it ever enter your thoughts that maybe i have been here for a very long time and i have made many a post and replied to many topics in the past as a guest ?  And that i never felt the need to make an account simply because as a guest it used to be possible to reply to topics and posts ? And then at some point the guestposting got turned of, and it got turned on again, and again it was turned of. I have been on WinMX for many years now. I have been a fanatic visitor of this forum for many years, i have seen the coming and going of many people, i have followed a great many topics and articles posted on this forum and was always most gratefull for any information that was brought to the user. However having said this, as of late i have seen a great many changes in winmx land. People/Groups fighting over what is now known as the "Community" I am part of that very community that is being faught over so i feel i have the right to speak at some point or ask any questions that i have or even better, voice any concerns that might arise from my reading this forum. Is this so strange ? Does this deserve your "you can draw your own conclusions from that, as I did above from you using a series of proxies to hide behind" remark ?  This remark makes me feel uncomfortable, it shows me that if you are a common user that has some concerns or questions or even a remark it is best left alone and not spoken about, this to avoid getting the same responce that i have gotten. it is now clear to me that my concerns should not be voiced and my questions not asked as i feel that you will not agree with any of my concerns. This much has become clear to me after reading several topics and looking at the treatment that several people have received and of which i myself am now receiving small part by your insinuations of me not being trustworthy enough to ask any questions or voice any concerns that I as part of this community might have. I am only allowed to sit as the general user yet have nothing to say about what i think or feel. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 04:34:35 pm »
The thread is in place to allow those that did use Eagles patch to state problems or great things about it so that maybe it could be taken in by Eagle (the developer) and possibly get those issues fixed and his development continued.

Your question Kelcey that was put forward here is what was meant by Tig's comment of "premature release" and I take it you didn't find the answer you were looking for in the thread Ghost pointed you to, so let me say this, the patch that was available for public download it was learned was the same version that had some serious bugs, and we felt that the gunho to release with these known issues was premature.  What ever those behind MXPatch site decided to do since, was down to them and you'll have to contact them for those answers.  We can only answer for our own actions here.

I'll be blunt that topic was started for information we felt users needed at the time under the circumstances, and as are several informational posts lately, this one turned into a debate.  The matter was frankly not up for debate and there for turned into another off topic ball buster.   Most of the thread is completely off the topic of the patch release, hence this thread for discussion of the patch experience users have had in order to move forward is here instead.

Many sites, as I'm also sure you're aware, automatically block proxy posting (and from running this site for years, I can understand why however we have not blocked such here).  The fact is just what it is, regardless of why it doesn't fill anyone with trust about the person, how long they've been around or what their intentions are, by this I mean no offense, it's simply quite common that those using a proxy are not always coming forward with the best intentions.  How are we to guess you've been a long time member and poster here if we have no clue who you are and no way to know. 
Its not uncommon unfortunately for those feeling the big boots wanting to come looking for a head to put on the wall, in other words come for no other reason but to start trouble in some misguided attempt to proclaim loyalty to someone they feel we didn't give a fair shot to or  for what ever reason. And this is true of many sites, I might add, not just ours.

Now the fact remains that we are not going to make everyone fall madly in love with us here, and I'm OK with that if your one that is not, but you must know we do what we do for no other reason but to help users the best way we can and this case is no different, now I cant make you believe me so if you don't think that, I'm also OK with that.  I would like for you to understand that if you are seeking information that someone here can provide I'm happy to try to help with that, but if your finding that you're just unhappy about the way the site is/has handled something I'm not sure your going to convince me of that, and I'm willing to agree that I'll not convince you otherwise in this thread either and leave it at such.

The reason you had to register to post in this section is that it's a part of the site we felt would be better to have members posting in, and left all the help sections for all guests to post freely in.  You'll also notice the news and a few others discussion areas, a membership is required.

I would appreciate if we could remain on topic with this thread, as its important I feel to have information for Eagle about the problems or wonderful things about his last beta test patch and not have to dig through comments unrelated to get those, and miss vital information.

Offline ssybesma

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2008, 03:38:00 am »
For the time being (until the future of this patch is sorted out), should I just ignore the banner in WinMX that says "Update Available", since the website went down on June 15th? Thanks.

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 03:57:07 am »
That would be the way to go for now... Do you have any positives and negatives of the patch so far?

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 12:29:11 pm »
Since you've been getting that message it means you were already running that patch before.

You can simply ignore that message as it is the same patch, just with a new installer.

If it's working for you that's great and we like to hear about it.

Personally I've been using it on Linux for ages and on there it works great but that's because socks are being handled differently on the different OS.
Not everybody is having problems with this patch and in general it seems to be functioning correctly, just that there are some issues with it that can make it crash.

Until these issues are fixed it't not fit for general use unfortunately.
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Eagles Patch positives and Negatives.

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx