gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 11, 2024, 06:16:53 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Can Not Connect WinMX with Road Runner
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can Not Connect WinMX with Road Runner  (Read 1905 times)

coinsR-U$

Can Not Connect WinMX with Road Runner
« on: October 11, 2005, 05:48:01 pm »
Quickly here is my problem: I upgraded to Windows XP and installed Norton Internet Security 2005 and I run off of "Road Runner". After I downloaded WinMX 3.54, I can not connect during the beta 4 install . This is my info: (can someone help?)
- Operating system:                 Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Internet connection type:         cable (Road Runner) which operates on a dynamic IP address and not a SOCKS4 or SOCKS 5 and not on a proxy settings.
- WinMX Version:                    3.54 beta 4
- Secondary or primary user (either/ or)
- What make of firewall you have: Norton Internet Security 2005
- Router brand and model:  SURFboard SB3100 (external modem from Road Runner)
- Any WinMX add-ons installed:  None at this time

I do not believe Windows XP firewall is enabled because when I installed the Norton Internet Security, it asked to use the Norton as and instead of the default Windows XP Firewall. However, when I try to go thru the Beta 4 setup for WinMX and it tries configuring itself to match my internet connection, Norton Internet Security has a “Program Control” pop-up that says “Frontcode Technologies WinMX is attempting to access the Internet” and is asks what do you want to do? I scroll to “Permit always”. And then I click OK for the pop-up to go away. Then it goes to the setup screen where it says “WinMX was unable to make an outgoing TCP connection to it’s test servers.”
I called Symantec, spoke with them and I spoke with Road Runner Technician and they say the setup for their systems are working fine. I saw in another forum to try to run “telnet winmx.com 7950” to see if I have connection and I typed it in the run menu and hit “OK” and the blue top black screen came up and said “Connecting To winmx.com…” and then went away. So I guess I have connection??

I need WinMX!!! I miss it!

coinsR-U$

Figured it out
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 06:39:16 pm »
I installed the patch “ws2_32.dll” File and did the flush with MDOS RUN: 'ipconfig /flushdns' and then restarted the computer…

Gotta run the flush!!!!!!!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Can Not Connect WinMX with Road Runner

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx