gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 12:30:26 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Patch Page Competition
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Patch Page Competition  (Read 4710 times)

Offline Mr.Snicky

• Forum Member
  • Yep?
Re: Patch Page Competition
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008, 10:27:18 pm »
i'll correct it when i has time, i just got home..

Besides, it was for just an example.

but yea.

Edit: Done :)

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2008, 10:36:19 pm »
well, this server is for backup only, and not on this IP at all, so as of right now the backup site is offline completely.
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline Mr.Snicky

• Forum Member
  • Yep?
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 10:42:46 pm »
*points to above post*

Offline Valor

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 12:32:22 pm »
This is my final design :) hope you like it
http://ch-rpg.com/cc/winmxpatchinstalls.htm

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 03:42:51 pm »
wow cool stuff, well done.   Can see alot of talented folks around here.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline Sean

• Core
    • The Rebelion
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 03:50:22 pm »
Well, here is my attempt. I only know html, so it more than likely no better than the original! But, here it is. It has the htm file, along with a style sheet. Hope ya like it!

Offline nylly444

• WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 04:31:59 pm »
https://www.winmxworld.com/files/patchen.htm   for Seans's page - no idea why the url wasn't linking properly last try.

Uploaded there for better viewing :)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2008, 08:15:36 pm »
one thing you could try to make that a bit better is putting everything inside a div with a max-width and then centering the div.

everything is positioned absolute (relative to the viewport) putting a div around it wont change anything...

but having most of the page on the far left and then the title on the far right isn't the greatest.

the title should be on the right but over the content (look at the screenshot on page one of this thread)... what screen resolution are you using?

silver's design is very cool

thanx ;)

Offline LavaGale

• MX Hosts
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2008, 04:01:46 am »
john is enetering this into the contest, he's having probs registering on the forum but here's the page link http://bacon665.isnic.co.cc/
I'm totally unbiased, I think everyones pages look great:-)

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2008, 01:09:09 am »
some peoples said they had problems getting the page to load in the first place ( could be routing issues i dont host the server so i dont kno) and once they got that connection on older versions of IE the menu appeared in the wrong place but from what i hear its still usable idont have anyway of testing it though and no one has offered up a screen shot of the misplaced menu -cough-cc aka valor -couch-
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2008, 05:59:11 am »
unfortunatly if you try to do anything even remotely complex in IE6 it will break.... your content and part of the background image sticks to the top and left (screenshot 1) while the menu and the other half of the background is under and scrolls with the content (screenshot 2)

the really bad news? there are still a substantial amount of IE6 users... either cos they dont want to use a standards compliant browser www.browsehappy.com or they dont like the UI of IE7 (which isnt standards compliant either but it gets a little closer) or they cant even install it (need winxp sp2 or higher to install IE7) ... even have seen plenty of screenshots from the admins of this site of pages being viewed in ... you guessed it... IE6.....

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

note: it works fine in opera and the fox (which means netscape and the mozilla suite as well) so it should work fine in safari (i dont have it installed anymore to test).... IE6 is the only 'hold out' with IE7... just as broken but broken differently... following right along...

now for the good news... head over to http://dean.edwards.name and give IE7.js a look... it fixes IE6 and IE7 to be standards compliant (theres a bug that makes it not able to entirely fix transparent pngs in IE6 so my design cant benefit from it :(  ) the problem? since its written in javascript and IE has the slowest JS engine out there it will slow your page waaay down.... but at least it works... (remember -- many using IE6 are also users of older hardware)

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2008, 05:59:47 am »
works fine here on IE7 .... looks great too.

Offline Mr.Snicky

• Forum Member
  • Yep?
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2008, 07:25:26 am »
@Bacon

I've found for web development.. if you are having extreme trouble on placing things on a page , like determining why isn't something being placed (loading) correctly .. is to use DreamWeaver. I'm not saying use it the entire time, but it gives a rough output of how something will look for most used browsers, and helps getting them in the correct places.

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2008, 02:59:20 pm »
I thought that I would enter this little competition, so I started immediately on creating this page. As far as I can see it works in both IE7 and FF. I have not been able to test it on other browsers. Take a look for yourself.

http://mxomega.no-ip.org/patches

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2008, 03:29:03 pm »
Nice reading Silver Stripes,

I know the admin(s) you refer to lol im still on ie6 here (when its used, i myself hate it and use it ony to view pages im working on in but im pre sp2) the other admins you mean is well never  going to update i dont think until hell freezes over lol.

The pages are looking great folks keep em coming in for now.

Offline Valor

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2008, 04:28:45 pm »
This is my second final submission
http://ch-rpg.com/cc/winmxpatchinstalls.htm
Design is the same, I added some words  ;)

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2008, 08:26:25 pm »
yup i have to admit im made up with all your valient contributions, at this rate ill have to have a diffrent one chossen each time someone clicks the link as i love them all. Good work folks, when i think everyone is nearly done, ill thow up a new thread with a vote. This isnt going to be picked by me or any of the admin about the place, it will be chossen by you. Good luck :)
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2008, 11:23:13 pm »
omega (and all designers): a word from the wise... make sure the content of the page does not rely on javascript in order to get to it... many users (including myself) use 'whitelisting' for sites with JS... opera and firefox (with noscript addon) have this functionality...

thats not to say you need to drop the JS alltogether... just add some <noscript> encapsulated content that lets those with JS disabled (either entirely or with the whitelist method) download the files... and/or view the sites content... 

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2008, 03:47:04 pm »
Ok I said I would do this while I had some time off work and so here it is, simple css stylin and should work fine in IE and Firefox, I dont use any others to test in.

:kiss:

Offline nylly444

• WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2008, 07:37:09 am »
Just as a side note:
It's no problem uploading the finished competition entries to the site.
That way they can be viewed "live" for those of you that don't have some place to host them.

In fact I think for the voting poll we should provide links to all entries to view that way,
it gives a better impression of how things look in people's own browsers :)

Edit: I wanted to put a link to MH's entry, so here it is:   https://www.winmxworld.com/files/mine/

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Patch Page Competition

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx