gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 14, 2024, 09:52:44 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Community Patch Question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Community Patch Question  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
Community Patch Question
« on: October 15, 2008, 08:51:50 pm »
Is there any way for me (or anyone) to ping another user and somehow find out if that other user is using the Community patch or not?

I want to continue messaging downloaders to remind them that the new patch is out, but I am not keeping a list and enough time has passed that I can imagine some people might get annoyed by the message if he has already converted over.
Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Community Patch Question
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 04:26:08 am »
Thats not going to be an easy thing to do Cobra, it is possible to spot them at certain stages of activity but its not something in general most ppl with have either the tools or the time for, perhaps we need a special tool or strategy to help us all identify those who need our help ?

Atm though we are watching the situation and the uptake creeps up slowly but surely and ressuringly enough we are seeing plenty of test installs going on, a sure sign of either an upgrader or a new user.

The real reason for the slowly slowly approach is that in previous efforts to get ppl to update some folks got into fights and arguments, its the feeling here that common sense and the desire to have the best tools for helping you use WinMX will prevail in a drama-less fashion, we are of course working with mxpie.com to monitor the user and flooder counts as that provides a further indicator of take up and we are happy that this is what is occuring slowly but surely.

In short answer then, yes but not easily and I thank you for making such a fine effort Cobra, without users taking the initiative to share the burden of bringing stability to the network the conversion rate would likely be a lot less and the problems we all faced would be around for a lot longer.

Thanks from us all for your time and effort  Cobra 8)   

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Community Patch Question

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx