gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 03:49:40 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Timing out on uploads and downloads
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Timing out on uploads and downloads  (Read 3471 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Timing out on uploads and downloads
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 02:45:34 am »
The two main reasons for this are incorrectly set up ports in the router or firewall not set correctly issues, closely followed by ISP throttling or p2p blocking and anti virus proograms blocking access to the shared folders, we can only all do our best to ensure we have set ourselves up correctly the rest is up to fate  :)

Offline lamia

• Forum Member
  • I LOVE my music
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2008, 04:52:47 am »
Hi I have just updated to the new patch, I now find that I get timed out in no time flat, I don't know if this just coincidence or the update or some of my settings have changed, (might have done, I keep having a lot senile moments)
Hello world

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2008, 07:09:21 am »
Lamia I think that maybe you should put together in one post here exactly what your set up is:

Who is your Internet Service Provider?
Do you have Cable or DSL?
Does your modem also have a router?  Give us the name & Model of the modem 'and/or' router if you have both?
What Operating System do you use?  XP? Vista? something else?
What firewalls and antivirus are you using? List anything installed (whether its running or not)

Are you using any third party applications with WinMX like MxMonitor or anything?

Do any uploads ever go ok, with most having problems?  or is it ALL uploads that time out/refuse connection?

rin2006

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2008, 12:32:27 pm »
I have the same problem with uploading in WinMX. None of my upload running, they've got time out. Download is okay.
I'm using a DSL through a Zyxel modem. I've set port forwarding for TCP & UDP port of WinMX.
I'm using Win Vista, using default firewall of Vista.
My anti-virus program is Kaspersky 7.
I don't have a third party app with WinMX on my computer.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2008, 12:42:41 pm »
Hi Rin2006,
There are a couple things I would suggest here:
1) This page will test your ports, dont be too worried about the UDP port, as it will almost always show as stealthed, but find out if your TCP port is open, and save this page to test later as well.
http://winmx.dnsalias.com/scan/scan.cgi

2) Make sure that the ports are set up in the Vista Firewall, I believe its almost identical to the XP firewall, in which case it will need you to add both your TCP and your UDP port to it. 
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/vista_firewall.html

If this still doesnt work for you post back here, and we'll go over the settings you have in teh Zyxel.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Timing out on uploads and downloads

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx