gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 11:05:02 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  New patch problems
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New patch problems  (Read 1434 times)

Offline bazmich

• Forum Member
New patch problems
« on: November 30, 2008, 10:48:58 pm »
Used Winmx under XP with no problems (except 2005 temporary shutdown). Purchased Vista PC August 2007 and ran Winmx with old patch, no problems. Since using new patch incomplete files do not reload and all complete files are seen in library as incomplete. Posted these problems in forum but replies that I followed did not work. It appears to me that my problems are caused by the new patch. All programs, antivirus and firewall is exactly as before. Am I alone with this issue?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: New patch problems
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 12:37:05 am »
Bazmich,

I am posting this generically for you and another user, if you do a quick search through the Vista Compatibility issues thread you'll soon see that your not alone in these issues and that its also not patch related.  I feel there were a few important steps left out (like re setting your AEQ and AFS on your incompletes, and giving administrative rights to both folders not just the WinMX one) so be sure to go through these and post back here to let us know.

One is the Transfers not loading on restart, the second is the issue with them not showing as complete after they are definitely complete.

To fix the first issue
Go to My Computer > Then go to the main drive (usually this is C Drive) Here make a folder and call it what ever you like, for example 'My Downloads' or just 'Downloads'.

Now you will need to open your old folder where WinMX was previously storing your Incomplete files, usually in 'My Documents > Music'
(Alternatively you can also go to the Transfers screen now and click the button that says 'Open Incoming Files Folder', if your unsure where its located)
Copy all your files from this folder into the new folder you made at My Computer > C Drive > 'Downloads' (or the name you gave it).

Now open WinMX > Settings > File Transfers, at the top right side you will see 'Incoming Files Folder'  Click on the 'change' button now and browse to the new folder you made (example C:\Downloads).
Once your incompletes are in this folder, you'll be able to use the 'Load Incompletes' button located on the 'Transfers Screen' to Load them, keep in mind however that they will all need to have the 'Auto Enter Que' and 'Auto Find Sources' levels set (AEQ - 100 and AFS - 10min) in order for WinMX to 'know' to load them on the restart.

The second known issue is that annoying Incomplete tag left when you know for a fact that these files are complete.  What is happening is Vista is not allowing WinMX to change the name appropriately, the cure is to give both WinMX folder in C:\Program Files\WinMX & your new Incoming Files Folder (example C:\Downloads) administrative rights.

Here is a guide for that with Vista follow the same procedure for both folders.
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=4804.0.html

Offline bazmich

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 09:18:49 pm »
Thanks Me Here, up and running again thanks to you. Nice to have solution explained that was easy to follow and (brain dead) understandable.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 09:42:32 pm »
Your welcome Bazmich :) glad its all working again!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  New patch problems

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx