gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 07:59:20 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  The Lowest Of The Low - RIAA Demand Money From Transplant Girl
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Lowest Of The Low - RIAA Demand Money From Transplant Girl  (Read 818 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
The Lowest Of The Low - RIAA Demand Money From Transplant Girl
« on: December 03, 2008, 03:55:01 am »
Just When you though the RIAA and its Lawyers couldnt stoop any lower than trying to harass an 8 year old over the phone,they hit a new low.

http://www.p2pnet.net/story/17765

Their RIAA is suing a young transplant patient in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Nineteen-year-old Ciara Sauro has pancreatitis and because she needs an islet cell transplant, she’s hospitalized every week, a situation resulting in a huge accumulation of medical bills.
Now, “Because she didn’t defend herself against a copyright lawsuit, a federal judge in Pittsburgh ruled she’s a music pirate, and that could cost the Sauros almost $8,000 in fines,” says Pittsburg news channel WTAE.com.

“I already have severe depression,” the story has her saying. “I mean, it’s so hard to sit there and think that I have to get in trouble for something that I didn’t do. It’s not fair.”

It isn’t. But then, fairness isn’t a word the Big 4 or Mitch Bainwol and Cary Sherman, the two spinsters who run their RIAA, understand
Not surprisingly,  a lawyer for the record companies failed to return phone calls, says WTAE.com

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/18160365/detail#

It seems a default win is still regarded by the RIAA as good publicity to show what evil scum folks are for using "File-sharing sites", not that I have ever seen any of these so called "file-sharing sites", what may sound good to a non internet user is just a tissue of lies to those who know the difference between a P2P application and a web site, in what is the most lowest piece of immoral activity I have ever seen from the RIAA, they are demanding money that could cost this poor girl her life, literally.

Thankfully a lawyer is going to challenge this default judgement for free and get some facts on the table, this case out of them all shows how the RIAA's campaign is purely one based on  bullying and intimidating folks financially unable to defend themselves still, its legal extortion and the US government should be ashamed of itself, is the US a land where the poor and sick are left to fight alone against Multi-Billion dollar businesses and their expensive lawyers, because from here that seems the case and its wrong, ethically and morally wrong.

If your as disgusted as I am please write to your political representatives pointing out this case and ask why the most needy folks are allowed to suffer abuse in this way from the RIAA Cartel that has no scruples about extorting money from someone even where its clear by doing so they risk the loss of life.

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
Re: The Lowest Of The Low - RIAA Demand Money From Transplant Girl
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 08:08:27 am »
You'd think that this is a story that some of the media would pick up on; human interest, mean corporations, tragic life, injustice and unfairness against battling girl, etc.. If none do so it means that they have been brainwashed or bought, I reckon.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: The Lowest Of The Low - RIAA Demand Money From Transplant Girl
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 03:22:39 pm »
I,m pretty sure that unless this gets passed up the news chain by folks making threads about it they will bury it as they do any item of news that shows their selfish financial motives.

They truly disgust me with this case  :x

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  The Lowest Of The Low - RIAA Demand Money From Transplant Girl

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx