gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 19, 2024, 07:39:36 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  Chatroom Spamming
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Chatroom Spamming  (Read 5474 times)

Offline swaggie

• Forum Member
Chatroom Spamming
« on: November 04, 2009, 12:33:15 am »
»-«¦»-«  GHOSTSHIP AKA QUICKS »-«¦»-«  WE AT WINMXWORLD ARE NOW ORDERING RooM HOSTS TO BLOCK A LIST OF PRoXy IPS TO STOP THE SPAMMERS AS WE OWN WINMX AND KNOW WHO THE SPAMMER IS SO NOW IF YOUR ISP ALLOCATES YOU ONE OF THESE IPS IN THE FUTURE AS THEY WILL YOU WONT BE ABLE TO CONNECT TO WINMX OR ANY OF THE CHAT RooMS SORRY BUT TOUGH LUCK
Can someone shed some light on this please posted in a room on winmx

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Chatroom Spamming
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 12:54:01 am »
Hi Swaggie, the message you have posted above is the one a room spammer is currently doing the rounds with, he is using a proxy system to do so and is scared that if we block the proxies he is using he will have to use his own IP and thus he is trying to mislead folks that blocking the special proxy IP's he uses will hurt ordinary folks on their ordinary ISP ranges, this of course is not the case and if you pop by the winmxworld chat room you will find a group of folks discussing how to deal with this spammer amongst themselves, we have issued no such orders and I think its common sense that we are in no position to play boss with anyone who uses the network, we will however take all and any steps we can to inform educate and help winmx users prevent spamming parasites from ruining the enjoyment of many of the chat room users and in this respect I invite you to join the conversation in the chat room if you would like advice or information on the scope of the problem and how its being addressed. 

Cheers for popping by  8)

Offline junkiesmonkey

• Forum Member
Re: Chatroom Spamming
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 11:09:26 pm »
birdman has been accused of spamming when he himself has been cloned and has screen shot of person comming in DMZ room and leaving and returning with same ip but with birdshit name, since i see no way of posting this screen shot i will give you name and true ip of person doing the spamming, also they always use an emulator so i would suggest banning chat clients, i mean winmx is file share network not just a social network...Name  TML Magikal   ip  166.214.96.42  ban this ip

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 11:35:00 pm »
Monkey, that just yet another cloned ID...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline MAGiKAL

• MX Hosts
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 09:44:49 pm »
eh no way possible it was me m8  i havent been online in a few weeks and cant even use mx anymore for another 2 weeks  so put the blame on someone else and not me!!!!
im almost 40 yrs old and have no reason to do that kinda of chils play   thanks for thinking about me on adaily basis tho it makes me feel welcomed

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 09:55:50 pm »
LMAO Magikal!!!!

Hurry back to the network, some of us miss you!!!!

Offline MAGiKAL

• MX Hosts
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 09:57:39 pm »
thanks omega  i know the truth and only the real peeps know the truth but am very glad to feel the love on mx still ....

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 01:30:17 am »
I wonder why the spammer thinks blocking those certain ips is going to have any effect on trades? Fact: That system is nice sorta, kinda, if you like to see web access slow to a crawl. It certainly is even more useless on WinMX. Silly spammer.
BTW... Where did it go? It hasn't showed up at all since I modded the bot.
Does it take off on the weekends to hooker around and party?
Im begining to get bored.

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 01:39:30 am »
It is still around.... it hit heaps of rooms in the past 4 hours.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline MAGiKAL

• MX Hosts
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 05:00:59 am »
yep including mine ....

Offline Blitzen

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 10:42:27 pm »
@MAGIKAL
Care to explain why you came into my room left within minuites and then tried to enter again with my user name and then within minuites my name was being used to spam my room addy all over winmx and a screnshot posted on this site from my room shows this action of you entering, leaaving then trying to re enter and if other hosts were to check their room logs around the 5th November would your name not be attached to the same ip shown in the screenshot, one may think maybe your proxy was not working perhaps! or let me guess it was a clone of you as of course you have not even been on winmx of late !!!!!!

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 11:11:18 pm »
Once again. Seeing as we already have one thread dedicated to a useless spammer I will lock this topic also. This is really getting rediculous people. WE as a group have WAY MORE IMPORTANT things to do with our time. Let's all focus on that. Please keep any further spamming comments and/or info to this thread. https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=8937.new.html Topic is LOCKED!
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  Chatroom Spamming

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx