gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 10:28:31 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  XP Gets Yet Another Repreive
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: XP Gets Yet Another Repreive  (Read 689 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
XP Gets Yet Another Repreive
« on: December 22, 2008, 01:14:06 pm »
In a move that will bring joy to many computer users Microsoft have granted an extension to XP sales once again.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7795302.stm

Microsoft has given yet another reprieve to its seasoned Windows XP operating system.
The cut off date for PC makers to obtain licenses for the software was 31 January 2009.

But now Microsoft has put in place a scheme that will allow the hardware firms to get hold of XP licences until 30 May 2009.
Previously Microsoft extended XP's life until 2010 - provided it was installed on netbooks and low-cost laptops.
Windows XP was originally due to disappear off shop shelves on 30 January 2008. It was to be removed so as to make way for Windows Vista which went on sale to consumers early in 2008.

Despite Microsoft's claims that Vista has sold well, consumers have reacted badly to its release.
Microsoft granted the reprieve largely because of customer's preference for XP.

This is good news for those of us who dont enjoy Vista and its overbearing system of messages, and heavy hardware requirements.

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
Re: XP Gets Yet Another Repreive
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 10:44:58 pm »
Just as well windows 7 is a hell of as lot better  even the leaked beta version outstrips vista by a mile.

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
Re: XP Gets Yet Another Repreive
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 11:48:10 pm »
Damn straight.
Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  XP Gets Yet Another Repreive

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx