gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 09:39:37 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  Backdoor room kill in RSWCS!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Backdoor room kill in RSWCS!!  (Read 21785 times)

Offline /<itty=^..^=

• MX Hosts
Re: Backdoor room kill in RSWCS!!
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2009, 08:23:41 pm »
Thanks for the heads up on what backdoor commands he actually added in [R§WCS], the only thing I can say is that I suspected as much. I feel sorry for the hosts who believed his carp and are now actually running [R§WCS]. Looking at the winmx room list I see there are quite a few of them. These people don't know what they got themselves into when they accepted his server, I hope at least some of them see this forum.

Keep up the good work wmw!  8)
/<itty=^..^=

Offline /<itty=^..^=

• MX Hosts
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2009, 02:13:45 am »
I would like to respond to this statement by saying that nothing in the wcs code states malicious ability. The fact that KM was the coder is irrelevant. The bug is the result of a "mistake". Mistakes happen to coders all the time and that's where bugs come from. Bugs are unintentional mistakes that can cause moderate or severe harm, but are i no way intentionally malicious. That's not to say KM's hands weren't dirty, but to my understanding, next to his patch, WCS was one of KM's best creations. And anyone who wishes to correct me on that may.

Now let's say Richy's hidden commands were for the intention of remote helping with a config. Which in theory is a hell of a great idea. My first question is why would you have a command to remotely delete the config and rewrite it to say "YOU HAVE BEEN OWNED"? Now how long does it take to edit a config to be a really good config? I would appreciate it if someone would answer that as I seriously do not know the answer myself. Now let's take a room like MOON'S JOY AND FUN ROOM that is run on RSWCS server. A very nice config. Beautiful layout. Now I'm almost positive it took a long time to edit that config and get that room exactly how it is and as nice as it is. The question I should ask IS, if Richy's hidden commands were for remote assistance, and you have to have a command that would delete that config file, where was the command to restore the config to it's original state instead of the host of MOON's room having to go through all the time and trouble it must've taken to get that config as good as it was?

I agree with that 100%  :yes:  Aside from the connection patch WCS was one of KM's greatest creation, it still is. I'm going to continue using it as long as I can.

One tip to the wise: It does take a long time to get a config just right and some continue to evolve as time goes on, there is always room for improvement. Don't risk losing all your hard work. Always save a copy of your room config in notepad on your computer, maybe even save it onto disk in case your computer's hd dies. You never know. Some rooms, like ours, have more than one host and we all have a copy of the same config so when another host takes over the room layout stays consistent.
/<itty=^..^=

Offline /<itty=^..^=

• MX Hosts
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2009, 03:17:25 am »
This channel is hosted on Røçkåfë££ë® §kåñK's WCS 1.9.0-Win32    that is what it says at the top of rooms being hosted with the RSWCS server, makes it sound like HE created WCS doesn't it? Taking someone else work, make a few changes (malicious ones at that) and then take the credit for it, nice.
/<itty=^..^=

Offline deadlydeathangel

• Forum Member
  • =D (always willing to lend a hand)
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2009, 11:46:25 am »
Sorry i've never actually Liked richy, to begin with it seemed only fair to help out but since time progresses and noticing stuff that was in my motd being added i actually banned richy for his immature ways of using the ideas i came up with and classing them as his own :( the point is richy has always been using other peoples ideas, and he will never learn that way, he will only ever learn if the end of the line appears whereas he has to create his own software rather than mix other peoples ideas into the server :/ but i know i'm wrong to say this, richy is a complete waste of space ( oh and btw the bug doesnt cause major damage unlike his server ) three rooms i was in i keep calling richy a would be know-it-all, i have however seen the sourcecode i know where bugs are and how to solve them (oh btw 1.8.4 (genuine KM version) does have the #NEWLINE# bug its most likely to kill the room in motd mentioned previously by myself on the mxstuff website) right that comes to the conclusion that all this trouble about wcs is make believe by the t**t himself (cuse me french). RICHY YOUR A COMPLETE WASTE OF SPACE! glad people had guts to ban him :P
VVò£F(¥)àñ

Offline deadlydeathangel

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2009, 11:54:44 am »
also kitty, i have always said, if you change a working thing it can become tarnished and ruined rather keep things the same and ensure they're static, so i think because i use WCS (km's server 1.8.3-Win32) i can say, that noone in their right mind would make me switch to another server, only thing is i'm a solo host (great for me poor for the connection if it goes) i do have cohosts who have temp configs :) (i made a selection of configs so that only the owner has the real one) oh and while we're talking about richy the things i have seen and heard about him i disagree with allowing someone like that in a room let alone admin! i BEG each and every holder of RSWCS to reconsider their choice in servers  :)
VVò£F(¥)àñ

Offline deadlydeathangel

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2009, 11:58:45 am »
sorry another post, people who consider using rswcs must take into account, that if there are hidden commands that remove configs etc, why dont you listen to the people at WMW - i for one found out the hard way when RSWCS kept appearing as a virus :/ way back in 1.8.7 i wouldnt use it since, yesh i have a copy that i had to get the antivirus to clean it, but i will not use it for myself other people that i know do use rswcs those who do i have to backup their configs (please note that richy is a power hungry person that just goes into a room to scare people for power to show what he can do i for one disagree with his actions and have put a ban on his name)
VVò£F(¥)àñ

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2009, 04:38:25 pm »
I don't see why you're bringing this up again now Wolfman. I guess it's because you've finally figured out for yourself what he was all about. If I remember correctly, you were the one that defended him against me at the Rebellion site when I exposed him for what he is.

You know absolutely nothing about WCS source codes (1.84) or you would've fixed it yourself.

Nothing at all will make you change from WCS 1.83.. well there's so many crash bugs (seg faults) caused by replaces that anyone at all can crash your room with replaces, no matter what access they have. (especially default). I lost count at 3 LOL. Not to mention the crash bug due to empty NEWLINES.

I'm not here to promote WCS 1.86 but I just wanted to say that all 4 of those crash bugs have been fixed and features were added from 1.84 to try and make a good, stable WCS for everyone to use. Right now I have 71 days uptime without a single problem and with MXStuff kaput now there are no d\ls or support for WCS. So just think about that. Only 2 annoyances remain with 1.86 and that's that the name servers have to be updated for $HOSTNAME$ and /motd doesn't replace the variables. No matter if Richy says otherwise. When more serious bugs arise there will be another update. Oh, and at least you can get support for it.

As far as Richy goes, as long as hosts keep supporting him, he will always be here deceiving and exploiting users and there's nothing that can be done about it until they stop! Now he goes from site to site and room to room causing as much chaos in the community as he can. If anyone has a good plan on getting rid of him, I'm all ears.

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2009, 08:47:15 pm »
I agree with part of what ]2aven said, "I don't see why you're bringing this up again now Wolfman.". I am locking this post for this very reason, there is no point in bringing up old topics for slander or abuse.
System(s) Configuration
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo T4500 CPU @ 2.3Ghz, 2048MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2009, 11:27:57 am »
Ive unlocked this temporarily as can someone please post where WCS is available from. I have hosting space that any continuing developers can use seen as mxstuff has disappeared and it would be a shame for it not to be available somewhere.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2009, 12:16:59 pm »
All versions of WCS (except for 1.85) are available at Reef's site...

http://winmxaddicts.freeforums.org/chat-servers-for-winmx-f31.html

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2009, 02:44:33 pm »
Nice site, shame its full of advertisements on a free host. I think maybe a wcs page being set up somewhere might be a idea. Or i wonder if reef would like hosting on my server. Least then he can escape the Advertisements.

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2009, 04:06:06 pm »

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm not really understanding what the issue is here. Both Reef and I have WCS, WCB d/ls, help, support and all that on our sites.

The way I see it is that WMW doesn't even support WCS, WCB or anything KM related. Where as we still do and always have.

What's the problem with what we're offering on our sites and I'll see about fixing it.

http://mxmadness.org/forum/index.php

http://winmxaddicts.freeforums.org/index.php

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2009, 07:04:00 pm »
I wasnt implying their was a problem with you site. I was implying their was a problem here. So dont take a tone with me when i point out that their are advertisements on that site. I could of course pointed out that they where advertisements to subject matter i wouldnt want my kids to see. But i chose to refrain from that an thought a page here would be better with no advertisements. If you read i even was offering to help so you both could continue. Read what i put before becoming defensive.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2009, 07:11:53 pm »
Well, dont mean to be funny, but there is a problem on the site http://winmxaddicts.freeforums.org/index.php

Home page title:  <strong>winmxaddicts</strong>.

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2009, 09:52:21 pm »
Gawd is it still going on about RSWCS

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2009, 09:56:45 pm »
oops forgot to add the rest
Cant you leave this guy alone ?
He doesnt have access here to defend himself any more...would you have the balls to slag him off to his face ?
Grow up and just accept it was a mistake...which he has appolagised about

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2009, 10:19:35 pm »
Locking topic as anymore mindless deffending of Richy may cause me to keel over. Also as stated, he is no longer allowed here to deffend himself. May he and his bad attitude move on to a new network peacefully. :D
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2009, 08:24:55 am »
We wernt talking about richies server. We was talking about any new WCS spin offs. So gypsy i dont see why you had to post anything about richie. Try reading first.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  Backdoor room kill in RSWCS!!

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx