gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 04:48:10 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  NIN's "Ghosts I-IV" was announced as being Amazon's top selling MP3 album of 200
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: NIN's "Ghosts I-IV" was announced as being Amazon's top selling MP3 album of 200  (Read 582 times)

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
http://www.zeropaid.com/news/9947/NIN%27s+BitTorrent+Releases+Becomes+Amazon%27s+Top-Selling+Album+of+%2708

Even though the album was available for free on BitTorrent tracker sites everywhere, fans purchased the album from the online retailer in droves.
In a surprising feat which the RIAA claims is impossible with illegal file-sharing, NIN's "Ghosts I-IV" was announced as being Amazon's top selling MP3 album of 2008.

What makes it so amazing is that NIN frontman Trent Reznor personally uploaded "Ghosts I" to The Pirate Bay and private BitTorrent tracker site What.cd.

"Now that we're no longer constrained by a record label, we've decided to personally upload Ghosts I, the first of the four volumes, to various torrent sites, because we believe BitTorrent is a revolutionary digital distribution method, and we believe in finding ways to utilize new technologies instead of fighting them," he wrote.

In addition, he offered it all up under a Creative Commons license so that listeners were free to mix and share NIN's work. 

Well all i can say is well done to nin, they arent what i call my favourite sort of thing but it certainly looks like a business model the RIAA should be looking at. Well done  8)
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
....it certainly looks like a business model the RIAA should be looking at....

the RIAA just needs to get out of the game all-together... its useless... its the individual artists turn to take over now.... each using their own method...

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
RIAA Idiots will be taking nin to court next for uploading there own work thus making a mockery of there claims about sharing copyrighted material and making them look as stupid as ever lol

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  NIN's "Ghosts I-IV" was announced as being Amazon's top selling MP3 album of 200

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx