gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 11:22:21 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  cant find my settings.dat on vista
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: cant find my settings.dat on vista  (Read 5602 times)

WitchyPOO

cant find my settings.dat on vista
« on: December 29, 2008, 03:47:48 pm »
hello everyone im having issues when i installoed winmx on vista in my winmx folder there is no settings.dat file in there but i know they are being saved somewhere cause when i change my name  and reload winmx its the same as when i closed it anyone have any ideas of to where the settings.dat file is thanks :)

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
Re: cant find my settings.dat on vista
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 09:35:37 pm »
Hi there Witchy

I would not know why Vista would do this and i am quite sure this is not normal for vista to do so but have you tried making hidden files vivible before checking if the file is present? ...maybe it will show up who knows
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 09:37:30 pm »
correction: vivible= viSible   :nerd:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

WitchyPoo

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 01:50:04 am »
as i said i just got this computer and never had vista before so i have no idea of how to make hidden files visible or anything like that i had xp for a good 14 years and this is all new to me lmao

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 06:18:37 pm »
1. Click the round blue Start thing in the left corner
2. Click Control Panel
3. Click Folder Options
4. Click the View tab
5. Click Show hidden files and folders
6. If you want to see system files as well, unclick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
7. Click OK

there u go... i doubt this being the case nut it s worth a try

Greetings and goodluck, ...Joshua

PS you could also just copy someone else's settings.dat and throw it in the right folder before starting MX again

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  cant find my settings.dat on vista

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx