gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 12:23:15 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  An Idea for the little guys
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: An Idea for the little guys  (Read 2194 times)

Dwrex76

An Idea for the little guys
« on: October 16, 2005, 01:04:09 am »
hello  this is   my first post..    i am  an average user of winmx. I host a  chat room there and have a small collection of  worried  users. We all have   cable or faster connections. all run windows xp .What can we do to help the cause and or  what should we be doing..  I think alot of users are looking for guidance of what the plan is or what we should or shouldnt do.     Should we use Peerguardian 2? should we use sherwood.   should we be primary all the time?  primary seems to never find   rooms and files very well.  My mx is working great and  havent had any problems in a while.  .     What can the average users be doing to help?  

ps. there seems to be a war going on and im just a tree huggen hippy.
                                         i wanna help.

thank  you .  Dwrex

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 01:20:30 am »
Hi Dwrex76, welcome to the site  :D

The war of words is nothing any winmx user needs to worry about.
The caches are fine and will continue to operate whatever goes on on a few forums.

As to your inital inquiry we have a special hosts area that is not visible to normal members of the site that was set up to answer just the questions you pose, we have posted a few news breifs that are to the point and different to the normal type of information posted elesewhere if you need access to this area post your room name in this thread

https://forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=522

Your room will be visited to confirm you are a valid room host.

KM

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 11:59:19 pm »
the best thing anyone can do to help is to spread the news to anyone that isn't connected to winmx, if you know of any friends, coworkers, or even some random stranger on the street that can't connect to winmx then you know what to do... :-)

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 12:27:11 pm »
I'm sure some of the actions the riaa are taking are illegal and could be classed as computer hacking....Connecting to your computer without your permission is a violation in itself i think.  I know people have been stuck in jail for doing less....

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  An Idea for the little guys

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx