gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 10, 2024, 12:17:11 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  WPN rocks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WPN rocks  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Valor

• Forum Member
WPN rocks
« on: October 16, 2005, 05:34:10 am »
A big thankyou to everyone who acted so quickly to restore connection to winmx after winmx.com turned off its peer cache software.I think I only lost winmx for one day and now its back to the way it was before ie:long queues, poor speed and lots of beautiful libraries to browse lol so a big thankyou to all the users for staying with winmx whille it goes thru this transition as well.I don't know User stats but there are tons of great files again thank you.
THe hosts file was a good quickfix to get users back online fast.windows Hosts file is an address to ip resolver,when you type www.yahoo.com in a browser, windows looks first for any ip rule you have set in its Hosts file and if it[normally] doesn't find any, uses your isp DNS server to resolve the address to an ip and connect.You can easily edit your hosts file to block sites or get to sites you use faster.Now that the new peercaches are up its a simple thing to edit your windows Hosts file to connect to them if you know their ip's.Virus and adware also usuallly edit the windows Hosts file to stop you being able to go to sites that can help get rid of them.Windows Hosts file therefore is also subject to being edited by antivirus/antispyware programs which pick up any line under 127.0.0.1     localhost as a windows Hosts file hijack to delete. Alltogether its much too vulnerable to edit/changes to be a true winmx fix.
A big thankyou to winmxgroup.com who have advanced the fix for winmx by  creating ws2_32.dll.Here is a single bone fida winmx fix which [despite its initial distatrous public winmx crash tests]slips straight into your winmx program file and has the added function of blocking the RIAA devil fakefiles.If you use a hosts file you must use a program to block the RIAA fakefiles, winmx was resurrected by the people for the people, not some zombie dos software that devastates your connection.
Since the release of the winmxgroup.com Install-1.9.exe, my winmx is peforming beautifully so once again thankyou and good day. :)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
WPN rocks
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 05:45:48 am »
Thanks Valor

Thats an excellant explaination of the fixes... Lots of folks have been wonderin and there ya have some great info.. .

:wink:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  WPN rocks

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx