gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 10, 2024, 01:10:58 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Thou Shalt Not Take This Sites Name In Vain - WinMXPatch
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Thou Shalt Not Take This Sites Name In Vain - WinMXPatch  (Read 2504 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Thou Shalt Not Take This Sites Name In Vain - WinMXPatch
« on: March 05, 2009, 10:05:52 am »
Imagine my surprise today when is saw this thread at one of our favoured news providers.

http://www.zeropaid.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=52889

I think I had perhaps better make something clear for those who may visit here from Zeropaid to check out the claims made regarding WinMXPatch, we are aware of the site and are aware who the site owner is and in general approve of some of their pro winmx activities but,  we do not endorse that site to be used in preference to these ones

https://patch.winmxconex.com/

or alternatively

http://mxpie.com/downloads.html

These are the only approved sites for the community patch , this has been made clear before and I find it troubling that the poster on Zeropaid would try to pretend we dont mind if folks to use others sites for downloading the patch from, we do not and will not approve other sites for this purpose without notifying the community firstly here in the news section.

If further activities are undertaken like this to steer users away from the approved sites in preference to another then I think its better I point out now I will be removing all and any links to such sites, dividing the userbase is not acceptable nor approved.

What I find most annoying here is that our good name that has taken years to build up is being used as a commodity to gain traffic for the winmxpatch site and this is something I am not happy to see as it is divisive and counterproductive to our main goals and efforts in the past and for the future, namely to be the best source of technical information and support for WinMX and its large community of users.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
Re: Thou Shalt Not Take This Sites Name In Vain - WinMXPatch
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 10:21:52 am »
Well i suppose its time for me to eat humble pie. I'm sorry i gave josh a chance now. I don't understand why of all the places to post about this site he has picked the one supportive news site of our actions and makes it look like their is yet another division. I don't understand why he does these things and his actions the last few days have made my blood boil. Ill post on Zero paid now. And josh yet again i'm disappointed i let you back here on the basis of my good name that you would do the right thing. Instead you are peddling a site that i don't even know who owns instead of the main patch distribution point of this and Mxpies sites. You leave me with little choice.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 06:58:56 pm »
The news thread is "invalid" now.

Mixed feelings in that I guess I am glad that it was removed, but on the other hand I hate that I did not get to read it first.
Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 08:53:02 pm »
I,m sorry for that Cobra, we contacted Zeropaid and asked them to help us ensure users where not hoodwinked by the false and misleading claims regarding the patch download sites, I,m pleased to say it seems in this instance they acted to remove the offending material.

I thank them for their help in this case, we as a community owe them a favour for that help in my book.

Offline ']['affy

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 08:57:17 pm »
It not your fault deux, ya gave him a chance and he blew it on his own he can only blame himself for his actions.

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 02:45:54 am »
The sad thing about those who abuse Second Chances is that they burn the people giving them, perhaps causing them to be reluctant to be kind to genuine people in need of a Second Chance in the future.

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 05:31:46 am »
I know I cannot give any excuse for my actions regarding this, but I do want to point out that it's not my intention to steal traffic from this website, or mislead users.

I have the main patch website and this website in the links section, and I just thought it was approved since I was told I could host the patch in September.

I know this sounds repetitive lately, but I'M sorry. And I do not wish to make anyone else have to deal with me and the problems I cause.
- Josh

Offline {MXC}michael

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 08:18:52 am »
im really dissppointed too josh, thought u had changed :D :D :D :D       

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 09:33:25 am »
Well josh, im glad you came and apologised. Infact your facing the music reafirms to me that you are wanting to change. But you really must realise i have put my neck out to help you. An maybe you should stop and think for a second. You new from the start that returning to this site was going to a bumpy road, it appears it has been more than you or I expected, Id like to see you knuckle down now josh, im glad you are finishing your programme and i look forward to someone suggesting something new for you to sink your teeth into. Can we see things move forward from here now?

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 11:53:47 am »
and i look forward to someone suggesting something new for you to sink your teeth into.

I nice limewire app?

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 12:06:41 pm »
lol i considered ares. but joking aside i would like to see things go forward from here.

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 03:48:00 pm »
There is one thing i think josh might be able to put his hand to if it is even possible.....

Bendmx is was and still is a huge fav of many room admins on winmx
My room its self included......
Since windows moved on to Vista and now Windows 7 bendmx i am sad to say no longer works with either op system...
Now i dont even know if the source code for bendmx is out there for anyone to change or weather the source code to it is still private ?

But this is a much loved app and i know would give josh a huge step in the right direction if repairing was possible...
Like i said i dont even know if its possible    but its worth looking at if its do able

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 04:07:14 pm »
Yes i suggested this to him. It would most definitely hit a wider group

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 04:31:48 pm »
bendmx?

is that the same as robomx? (bender seems to have made quite a few apps)

if he could fix the robomx color code and font problems that would be nice... (robomx is gpl so whatever he changes will be in the open... for those of us who... would rather his code -be- in the open...)

tho all i want is the colorcode/font problems fixed... knowing josh tho a lot of 'josh customizations' will be thrown in as well....

Offline {MXC}michael

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 06:29:32 pm »
question is why would u want to change, u made a name for urself on here by being the way u are. we were here to keep these lot on their toes and spice things up

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 08:06:04 pm »
hmm... nvm the colorcode/font problems of robo... can be fixed in settings :P

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 10:34:39 pm »
question is why would u want to change, u made a name for urself on here by being the way u are. we were here to keep these lot on their toes and spice things up

He might want to change because he has friends who do believe in him and would like to see him have and be only the best.  Whereas some people might decide to stay an asshole and cause mischief and lose their friends because they're tired of seeing bright young men lose all their futures with self destructive behavior. Bright young men who are cohursed by idiots to "be cool" and do self destructive idiotic cool things that might get them in trouble while the idiotic cool people who talked him into it sit back and laugh while he might get in more serious trouble than before. Think that's a good enough reason?
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2009, 12:14:20 am »
Sounds like a perfectly good one to me nooks ... well said

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2009, 01:07:41 am »
It was in the early days of computing when I met a very gifted coder. He used to code very complex programs in a day where it took a whole team to do the same in a week. His only problem was that he failed to see there might be "stupid" users entering data in fields in a different way his program was expecting, result, his program failed.
In another occasion he made use of a system feature to send messages over the network and build a nice window around it. This feature was greatly abused by users, specially on Friday and Monday, congesting the network with weekend chitchat.

Moral of the story, for some coder it is very easy to create a program, but they lack to see what problems their program can cause. In my humble opinion is the tone set rather aggressive in this and other topics. Would it not be nicer to point out what we feel is wrong and convince in stead of threatening witch block and ban?

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2009, 01:47:03 am »
@wonderer....

ppl were voicing concern -before- he coded it... then after... when it was 'coming soon' thats when it got ugly cos he didnt listen to the inital concern...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Thou Shalt Not Take This Sites Name In Vain - WinMXPatch

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.027 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx