gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 01:55:34 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Traffic Up On MX Support Sites And The WPN
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Traffic Up On MX Support Sites And The WPN  (Read 1070 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Traffic Up On MX Support Sites And The WPN
« on: March 06, 2009, 10:41:07 pm »
Good news folks we are turning a corner with recent reports of both more traffic to the site here which is something we do see maybe later on in the year so its building early and indeed more traffic joining the network.

The numbers I have seen make it clear that we have seen a major chunk of new traffic between 20-30% in fact, this is spectacular and may mark the end of the slow down in the userbase, I think it also means we are doing something right, a similar amount of traffic increase has been reported over at the other support sites I spoke to last night so this indicates a general awareness of WinMX is resurfacing and this is good news for us all.

I congratulate us all on our posting links and generally bringing MX to other folks attention, well done to you all and well done to the team here and those on the other community patch sites  8)

PS I hope this is not linked to fear the pirate bay will close  :S

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Traffic Up On MX Support Sites And The WPN
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 10:50:13 pm »
PS I hope this is not linked to fear the pirate bay will close

....... lets just hope not.....

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 01:53:47 am »
I like to think we have gotten to this stage by our own actions but there is always the nagging doubt that there is some overlap in these events and in this case I think its best we be prepared for an invasion of new folks looking for help should things go bad for the bay crew, it wont hurt to stay alert thats for sure, p2p user migration is a funny thing to predict.

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 04:34:35 am »
I like to think we have gotten to this stage by our own actions but there is always the nagging doubt that there is some overlap in these events and in this case I think its best we be prepared for an invasion of new folks looking for help should things go bad for the bay crew, it wont hurt to stay alert thats for sure, p2p user migration is a funny thing to predict.

I really doubt the pirate bay is going to go anywhere. They will most likely change servers again lol
- Josh

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 09:25:10 am »
During the trail a new law was passed in Sweden that makes it easier to obtain the info of any IP's suspected of infringing activity, this will have the effect of ensuring that at least Swedish traffic to the bay will drop as the "fear machine" is turned on by the usual method of dramatic advertising and other scare tactics.

Offline RReactor

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 04:53:09 am »
i sure hope pirate bay survives  winmx  is my favorite  site  and then pirate bay is next i need both to feed my internet addiction lol
RReactor

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 05:13:29 am »
There is always isohunt if it comes to that.
- Josh

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 08:30:18 am »
Lets hope that if it is a influx from people being to scared to use the pirate bay or it being taken offline for good
then we have to all be on our toes...
we need to be alert to uses flooding onto the network and be prepared to help them anyway that is needed and also make sure they know winmx is a fun place to be as we all know.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 10:03:19 am »
There is always isohunt if it comes to that.

They are also due in court in the near future:  http://torrentfreak.com/isohunt-takes-on-the-cria-in-court-090311/

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Traffic Up On MX Support Sites And The WPN

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx