gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 01:08:50 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Installation Guide for windows 7 and Vista
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Installation Guide for windows 7 and Vista  (Read 23513 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Installation Guide for windows 7 and Vista
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 11:44:56 pm »
You can change the ports from either within setup or also by adjusting them in the settings window where they also hide ("Incoming TCP Connection" and "In/out UDP Connection" ), remember though that you will need to ensure the ports are forwarded for the new ports instead of the old ones and to restart WinMX as otherwise it will not action the change.

What folder do you have MxMonitor watching for WinMX in, as its quite likely the path is not correct for windows 7, Check the default path matches the one windows sees exactly as I have been caught out by the same thing myself using a 64 bit machine.

Sam

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 12:01:44 am »
I have already changed and forwarded from the router, I used ports in the 30000s and 2000s for TCP and UDP recpectively

I will have to reinstall Monitor again...I will try to have a clear head this time  :)

Sam

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 12:07:31 am »
let me say that again

I have already changed and forwarded these ports from the router, I used ports in the 30000s and 20000s for TCP and UDP recpectively

see what i mean by my head isn't clear  :D

Sam

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 10:04:06 am »
hey Ghostship and everyone...what is normal and whats not when it comes to Primary connections?

since I started using Windows 7, I only get a handful of connections in Primary and non or just a few Secondry and about 200 in SPM so it would look like (Online P= 2 S= 1 SPM= 174) for example

is this normal? if not, what would be?

thanks all and cheers

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 02:40:41 pm »
Sam, can you download?
can you upload?
i the answers are "yes' then all is fine
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline Mytheroo

• Forum Member
  • Wanna lick?
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, 03:09:10 pm »
hi Sam, I would suggest that win7 is actually protecting you in not letting MxM start WinMx, as this could be seen as malware behaviour. It could depend on what folders the programs are installed to as some folders have more protection that others. Of course it might not be that at all, and you'll have to put up with the extra click. Does MxM work normally after both programs are started? if not then maybe the path to winmx set in MxM is incorrect.

As to the timing out, check the TCP port in a webpage port tester to see if it is open (Winmx needs to be running when u check this). If this test says port closed then thats where the issue is currently. Might be you need to specifically allow these ports through the win7 firewall. Try firewall off momentarily when doing the port test to test this.
There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Installation Guide for windows 7 and Vista

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx