gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 01:14:08 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Metis Scripts and Help  |  Metis Script Help  |  Client on enter
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Client on enter  (Read 16036 times)

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
Re: Client on enter
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 10:11:45 pm »
the whole point in making people park in your room to download a file is to bring users into your room who wouldnt normally be there. by disregarding anyone who wishes to be there JUST to talk you are bypassing the point of having them in the room as all your files and theres can be found via search.
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 10:38:55 pm »
I agree that loads of people use chat clients on winmx now mainly wpcc, i personaly see no point in its use as to me i want winmx running and sharing files a chat client offers nothing to the network, granted some people have no alternative but to use a chat client due to whatever circumstances but right now i would say theres more people using bots and chat clients than using winmx, its crazy !

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2009, 12:07:26 am »
people use winmx to chat. But if your not sharing anything and your running secondary there isnt much point in using winmx itself over a lighter chatclient.

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 08:05:12 pm »
The "ClientCheck" mentioned earlier in the thread is used to separate different commands.

Most people run many scripts in metis, and this will avoid cross over of triggered commands from one script to another.  If the ClientCheck is 0 then the command will not be triggered by a /stats, unless its triggered as part of the actual script the command is included in.  Clearly by not including blocks like this you in effect allow metis to eat up pc resources for no reason at all and possibly even output totally inaccurate information!

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2009, 01:37:47 am »
Except that the bot is the one doing the /stats so only it will be receiving the information. When other users in the room do a /stats it isn't displayed publicly thus the bot wont see it and run that part of the script. The only occasion for it to run when it sees a /stats is when someone enters making the check redundant. If you wanted to lock it down so others in your room couldn't cheat the system to get someone kicked when they aren't using WPCC (which is possible even with the above script and running a bot in your room for quickness) you could lock it down to a username (server000_00000) to make sure only input from the rooms Server is accepted for that /stats command.

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 08:38:50 am »
What i mean is, if you have several scripts with parts of the stats triggers, such as say an access lookup on one script, and a staytime lookup and post, then by doing a /stats it will trigger these.

By having a ClientCheck variable switch (on/off) it will only trigger if someone enters rather than if the bot does /stats at a later stage.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 10:36:16 am »
That does make sense.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2009, 05:46:39 pm »
what about other clients that meet these requirements. doesnt winzo or moonmx have file transfer? they can just as easily meet your weird little demands.
I beleive all your going to acheive with this is hindering 3rd party developement should you convince a bunch of people to use it. and even still robo can report as winmx and share a fake list of files.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2009, 10:42:42 pm »
This seems a bit off topic to me, you must have been intending to post in another thread

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2009, 05:37:35 am »
I dont see how this is off topic. I pertains to the original post at hand.

Using a script like this could hinder third party development when enforced by a large number of rooms. This is a great debate that, from what i have seen, has not gotten out of hand.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2009, 09:01:25 am »
I fail to see the relation between "client on enter" and "filetransfer"
The thread is about detecting client type and not about client abilities in my humble opinion

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2009, 03:44:49 pm »
I don't see a lot of rooms using this. And I think that to many people abuse WPCC as a parking tool than a chat client. I doubt Emulator or anyone else is doing to stop developing their clients because of misuse and hosters should be allowed to deny whichever clients they want after-all it is they who are giving up their resources to allow a client to enter.

For many years we have seen rooms that deny based on files shared (0 = Kick is common in Topic Titles) this is no different except now the Chat only users are using WPCC and to a much lesser extent RoboMX to skirt around these blocks requiring more imaginative ways to stop what you don't want in your room.

Now I personally don't block WPCC clients in my room for a couple of reasons these are just personal to me and my room obviously.

1. Some of my users don't ever share files but they do chat and they prefer the way WPCC works
2. Some of my users access the room from Work and use WPCC for that as they are not going to be sharing files.

But last year WPCC was a problem with some users parking 3-4 separate WPCC's in my room at once. Which is something I do not want. And at that time we decided to block WPCC we have since lifted that as its no longer a problem but when I visit other rooms I often see room counts in the channel list of 50-60-70 and enter to find 45-50 are WPCC parkers. Which means the room is devoid of files and of chat. A waste on resources for the hoster and the network keeping these clients connected in my opinion.

You cannot run multiple WinMX's at once without using a 3rd party tool and I think WPCC should work the same way because spawning multiple instances has done more harm than good not just to the network in the increased redundant load but also to the reputation of WinMX, all to often I hear people saying 'WinMX is just full of parkers these days anyway' and when you ask them what they mean WPCC is always mentioned. You've all seen it. This client is like some kinda cancer.

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2009, 05:01:02 pm »
I have tried the script posted in this thread by Reef to test if it could stop a wpcc client but it didnt work as the wpcc showed up as a winmx 353 client, i use wcs which is what the script reef wrote was for but for me it didnt work, i also think a host has the right to say what he wants in his room and have the ability to block what he or she does not want in their room for what ever reason which is why i started this topic but as yet no script for mettis has worked for me maybe it needs a chat server level programe.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2009, 05:57:16 pm »
It works Birdman you just need to enter a delay. When you first stats a WPCC user as they enter WCS says it is WinMX 3.53 but after a few seconds it refreshes the client information to correctly report WPCC. Add in a little delay after the user has entered before the /stats executes and your be fine.

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2009, 06:04:55 pm »
Yes my apologies reefs script does work i dont know why it didnt for me before i guess i did something wrong lol anyway what would the line be to send the user a message  before they are removed from the room so they know why, a line added into reefs script ?

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2009, 08:51:14 pm »
This will send them a PM message informing them they were banned for WPCC
Also added a 5 second delay before executing the stats command, like Pri mentioned

Code: [Select]
<config>

<OnEnter type="script">
<out type="sleep" extdata="10000"/>
<out type="push" extdata="CLIENTCHECK">1</out>
<out type="push" extdata="USERNAME">%NAME%</out>
<out type="push" extdata="USERRAWNAME">%RAWNAME%</out>
<out type="push" extdata="USERIP">%IP%</out>
<out delay="5000">/hidecmd /stats %USERVAR[USERNAME]%</out>
</OnEnter>

<command mode="thread" type="script" condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[CLIENTCHECK]%" rvalue="1">
<in>Transfer Status: %PARAM%</in>
<out type="push" extdata="TRANSTATUS">%PARAM%</out>
</command>

<command mode="thread" type="script" condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[CLIENTCHECK]%" rvalue="1">
<in>Client: %PARAM%</in>
<out type="push" extdata="USERCLIENT">%PARAM%</out>
<out>/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c7#User Name: #c3#$USERNAME$ #c7#Client: #c3#$USERCLIENT$</out>
<out delay="100" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="WPCC">/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c9#Illegal Client Detected: #c3#$USERCLIENT$</out>
<out delay="100" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="WPCC">/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c8#$USERNAME$ #c1#Banned For Illegal Client</out>
<out delay="100" type="pm" extdata="$USERRAWNAME$" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="WPCC">$USERNAME$ Your Banned For An Illegal Client: WPCC</out>
<out delay="5000" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="WPCC">/hidecmd /kickban $USERNAME$</out>
<out type="goto" extdata="7" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="WPCC"></out>

<out>/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c7#User Name: #c3#$USERNAME$ #c7#Transfer Status: #c3#$TRANSTATUS$</out>
<out delay="100" type="pm" extdata="$USERRAWNAME$" condition="?" lvalue="$TRANSTATUS$" rvalue="WPCC">$USERNAME$ Your Banned For An Illegal Client: WPCC</out>
<out delay="100" condition="?" lvalue="$TRANSTATUS$" rvalue="WPCC">/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c9#Illegal Client Detected: #c3#WPCC #c1#(#c8#Manipulated To Report as #c3#$USERCLIENT$#c1#)</out>
<out delay="100" condition="?" lvalue="$TRANSTATUS$" rvalue="WPCC">/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c8#$USERNAME$ #c1#Banned For Illegal Client</out>
<out delay="5000" condition="?" lvalue="$TRANSTATUS$" rvalue="WPCC">/hidecmd /kickban $USERNAME$</out>

<out type="pop" extdata="USERIP"/>
<out type="pop" extdata="USERCLIENT"/>
<out type="pop" extdata="CLIENTCHECK"/>
<out type="pop" extdata="USERNAME"/>
<out type="pop" extdata="USERRAWNAME"/>
<out type="pop" extdata="TRANSTATUS"/>
</command>

</config>

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2009, 09:37:30 pm »
nice one Reef that works a treat!   is it possible to add other clients to it like for example robomx and so on ?

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2009, 07:05:56 am »
Added RoboMX & Rabbit... not sure what else could be added other than 3.31 (which nushi normally reports as).Ouka chat client cant get into wcs rooms anyways, unless fancy entry message is turned off.
Increased the delay to 10 seconds
Added a privnotice message to the user (in case pm fails)
Added a tooltip popup that will alert you when an unwanted client enters
Changed it so that it bans and kicks the IP rather than name (in case they change names after entering)
Ban Time 48 hrs rather than permanent

I'm sure this all could be done a better way. But it works.

Code: [Select]
<config>

<OnEnter type="script">
<out type="sleep" extdata="10000"/>
<out type="push" extdata="CLIENTCHECK">1</out>
<out type="push" extdata="USERNAME">%NAME%</out>
<out type="push" extdata="USERRAWNAME">%RAWNAME%</out>
<out type="push" extdata="USERIP">%IP%</out>
<out type="push" extdata="USERHOSTNAME">%HOSTNAME%</out>
<out delay="10000">/hidecmd /stats %USERVAR[USERNAME]%</out>
</OnEnter>

<in>Transfer Status: %PARAM%</in>
<out type="push" extdata="TRANSTATUS">%PARAM%</out>
</command>

<in>Client: %PARAM%</in>
<out type="push" extdata="USERCLIENT">%PARAM%</out>

// RoboMX
<out condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="Robo">/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c9#User Name: #c10#$USERNAME$ #c9#Client: #c10#$USERCLIENT$</out>
<out delay="100" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="Robo">/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c9#Illegal Client Detected: #c10#$USERCLIENT$</out>
<out delay="100" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="Robo">/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c9#$USERNAME$ #c1#Banned For Illegal Client</out>
<out delay="100" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="Robo">/hidecmd /banip $USERIP$ 2880</out>
<out delay="100" type="pm" extdata="$USERRAWNAME$" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="Robo">$USERNAME$ Your Banned For An Illegal Client: $USERCLIENT$</out>
<out delay="5000" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="Robo">/hidecmd /privnotice $USERNAME$ #c1#You've Been Banned For An Illegal Client</out>
<out delay="5000" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="Robo">/hidecmd /kick $USERIP$</out>
<out delay="500" type="tooltip" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="Robo">ILLEGAL CLIENT DETECTED\n\n$USERNAME$ - $USERHOSTNAME$ - $USERIP$\n\n$TRANSTATUS$\n\n$USERCLIENT$</out>
<out type="goto" extdata="32" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="Robo"></out>

// Rabbit
<out condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="Rabbit">/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c9#User Name: #c10#$USERNAME$ #c9#Client: #c10#$USERCLIENT$</out>
<out delay="100" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="Rabbit">/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c9#Illegal Client Detected: #c10#$USERCLIENT$</out>
<out delay="100" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="Rabbit">/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c9#$USERNAME$ #c1#Banned For Illegal Client</out>
<out delay="100" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="Rabbit">/hidecmd /banip $USERIP$ 2880</out>
<out delay="100" type="pm" extdata="$USERRAWNAME$" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="Rabbit">$USERNAME$ Your Banned For An Illegal Client: $USERCLIENT$</out>
<out delay="5000" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="Rabbit">/hidecmd /privnotice $USERNAME$ #c1#You've Been Banned For An Illegal Client</out>
<out delay="5000" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="Rabbit">/hidecmd /kick $USERIP$</out>
<out delay="500" type="tooltip" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="Rabbit">ILLEGAL CLIENT DETECTED\n\n$USERNAME$ - $USERHOSTNAME$ - $USERIP$\n\n$TRANSTATUS$\n\n$USERCLIENT$</out>
<out type="goto" extdata="21" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="Rabbit"></out>

// WPCC Client Check
<out condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="WPCC">/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c9#User Name: #c10#$USERNAME$ #c9#Client: #c10#$USERCLIENT$</out>
<out delay="100" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="WPCC">/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c9#Illegal Client Detected: #c10#$USERCLIENT$</out>
<out delay="100" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="WPCC">/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c9#$USERNAME$ #c1#Banned For Illegal Client</out>
<out delay="100" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="WPCC">/hidecmd /banip $USERIP$ 2880</out>
<out delay="100" type="pm" extdata="$USERRAWNAME$" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="WPCC">$USERNAME$ Your Banned For An Illegal Client: $USERCLIENT$</out>
<out delay="5000" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="WPCC">/hidecmd /privnotice $USERNAME$ #c1#You've Been Banned For An Illegal Client</out>
<out delay="5000" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="WPCC">/hidecmd /kick $USERIP$</out>
<out delay="500" type="tooltip" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="WPCC">ILLEGAL CLIENT DETECTED\n\n$USERNAME$ - $USERHOSTNAME$ - $USERIP$\n\n$TRANSTATUS$\n\n$USERCLIENT$</out>
<out type="goto" extdata="10" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="WPCC"></out>

// WPCC Transfer Status Check
<out>/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c9#User Name: #c4#$USERNAME$ #c9#Transfer Status: #c4#$TRANSTATUS$</out>
<out delay="100" condition="?" lvalue="$TRANSTATUS$" rvalue="WPCC">/hidecmd /banip $USERIP$ 2880</out>
<out delay="100" type="pm" extdata="$USERRAWNAME$" condition="?" lvalue="$TRANSTATUS$" rvalue="WPCC">$USERNAME$ Your Banned For An Illegal Client: WPCC</out>
<out delay="100" condition="?" lvalue="$TRANSTATUS$" rvalue="WPCC">/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c9#Illegal Client Detected: #c8#WPCC #c1#(#c1#Manipulated To Report as #c4#$USERCLIENT$#c1#)</out>
<out delay="100" condition="?" lvalue="$TRANSTATUS$" rvalue="WPCC">/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c8#$USERNAME$ #c1#Banned For Illegal Client</out>
<out delay="5000" condition="?" lvalue="$TRANSTATUS$" rvalue="WPCC">/hidecmd /kick $USERIP$</out>
<out delay="500" type="tooltip" condition="?" lvalue="$TRANSTATUS$" rvalue="WPCC">ILLEGAL CLIENT DETECTED\n\n$USERNAME$ - $USERHOSTNAME$ - $USERIP$\n\n$TRANSTATUS$\n\n$USERCLIENT$</out>

<out type="pop" extdata="USERIP"/>
<out type="pop" extdata="USERCLIENT"/>
<out type="pop" extdata="CLIENTCHECK"/>
<out type="pop" extdata="USERNAME"/>
<out type="pop" extdata="USERRAWNAME"/>
<out type="pop" extdata="USERHOSTNAME"/>
<out type="pop" extdata="TRANSTATUS"/>
</command>

</config>

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2009, 08:21:05 am »
Again this works sweet Reef nice one :)  although ive decreased the ban time and changed the pm message to explain why they have been removed and to come back later using winmx , for anyone trying this script its written for wcs so may need altering to work with other chat servers.

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2009, 05:29:38 pm »
Nice script Reef. I won't need this but I wanted to say I liked how incorporated /gnotice into it. It's a WCS command that's rarely used. Very cool.   8)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Metis Scripts and Help  |  Metis Script Help  |  Client on enter

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx