gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 06:32:59 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Metis Scripts and Help  |  Metis Script Help  |  Client on enter
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Client on enter  (Read 15968 times)

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
Client on enter
« on: July 02, 2009, 04:10:06 pm »
A friend asked me if there was a script for mettis that could identify a users chat client on enter with the option to kick  and to send a message  as he does not like chat clients only winmx users sharing files in his room, i know theres a transfer and client script on here but that shows every client that enters as winmx 3.53 lol

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
Re: Client on enter
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 04:16:44 pm »
The clients can be made to report whatever version they wish provided the source code is available.(includes majority of the chat clients) This is especially easy in robo/metis without the sourcecode as its stored in a setting file.
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 05:38:11 pm »
If you are running WCS, RSWCS and maybe Eagles server (I've not used it) you can /stats a user as they enter the room and it will display what client the user is using and then you can setup a trigger that responds to 'Client: XXXXX' and XXXXX = the clients you don't want and have the Bot kick/ban. Of course as Forested says clients can change what they report. I know WPCC will let the user put whatever they want in there I don't think most users change it by default.

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 06:18:56 pm »
My friend is using wcs, can mettis see the /stats of a user on enter and then check the client and kick and message if required is there a script ?

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 06:54:30 pm »
You can make one. im not sure exactly how it would work unless it waits so many seconds and if it doesnt see Winmx version XXX it kicks that user.
But then all the person has to do is say it once they figure it out.
What room is this thats not wanting people to have chat clients?
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 12:07:51 am »
There are many rooms having objections against bots and chat clients and for different reasons.
In my opinion is WinMx a chatclient with a big community having the nice option to share files but sharing should not be a must.
As stated above, any client can report whatever client it wants to be just like it can report any connection type from unknown to t3 or faster and number of shared files. In some cases it might be possible to detect the real client type but that is beyond the possibilities of Metis.
Why should a host running a chatserver be against chatclients, is it not the goal of a chatroom to chat in the first place?
It is just as ridiculous to ban zero file share on enter, it happens more than once that WinMx wrongly reports zero files. And even when the zero is real, did we not all start at zero? A bit hostile and not very smart to reject possible newbies if we want our community to grow.
But this is only my opinion and also the reason why I will not put any effort in making such a script.

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 12:59:58 pm »
Something alo the lines of:

Code: [Select]
<OnJoinRoom type="script">
<out type="push" extdata="ClientCheck">0</out>
</OnJoinRoom>

<OnEnter type="script">
<out type="push" extdata="ClientCheck">1</out>
<out type="push" extdata="ClientName">%NAME%</out>
<out>/hidecmd /stats %USERVAR[ClientName]%</out>
</OnEnter>

<command type="script" condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[ClientCheck]%" rvalue="1">
<in>Client: %PARAM%</in>

<out condition="_?" lvalue="%PARAM%" rvalue="RoboMX">/kick %USERVAR[ClientName]%</out>

</command>

Should work on RSWCS may need adapting for other servers.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 11:12:40 pm »
Something alo the lines of:

<OnJoinRoom type="script">
</OnJoinRoom>

<OnEnter type="script">
<out type="push" extdata="ClientCheck">1</out>
<out type="push" extdata="ClientName">%NAME%</out>
<out>/hidecmd /stats %USERVAR[ClientName]%</out>
</OnEnter>

<command type="script" condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[ClientCheck]%" rvalue="1">

<out condition="_?" lvalue="%PARAM%" rvalue="RoboMX">/kick %USERVAR[ClientName]%</out>

</command>

Should work on RSWCS may need adapting for other servers.

This is exactly what I described in my above post and that is how I would write it. Although I probably wouldn't include the the ClientCheck 0/1 as it seems redundant.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 03:03:54 pm »
As we do not support Richy or his hacked up version of KM's wcs I will respectfully ask that it not be named again in this thread or any other. I will personally lock the topic myself and further steps may be taken to ensure that we do not refference it in this thread or any other except for the threads warning of its backdoor capabilities. I personally thank you for posting but I again ask that you do not refference it again.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 11:42:17 pm »
As we do not support Richy or his hacked up version of KM's wcs I will respectfully ask that it not be named again in this thread or any other. I will personally lock the topic myself and further steps may be taken to ensure that we do not refference it in this thread or any other except for the threads warning of its backdoor capabilities. I personally thank you for posting but I again ask that you do not refference it again.

Don't you think this stance is a bit heavy handed. I personally wouldn't use it but I think banning the naming of it is a step to far. Also I just wanted to note that the script posted above will work fine on the vanilla WCS.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 05:58:52 am »
Don't you think this stance is a bit heavy handed. I personally wouldn't use it but I think banning the naming of it is a step to far. Also I just wanted to note that the script posted above will work fine on the vanilla WCS.

Richy purposely wrote malicious backdoor commands into his program and it is not supported by anyone on this site or in the WMW helproom and to be perfectly honest, although I could be wrong on the matter, I don't believe you'll find another supervisor on this site that will support it or offer help with it either. I don't believe this stand requires anymore explanation nor is it up for discussion. Heavy handed or not, I ask again that you do not refference it again please.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 09:06:39 am »
My point is telling people never to say the name of it is not the right thing to do. If government told you not to talk about something they consider depraved you'd be up in arms so why should you feel it is your right to institutionalise the same rules here?

I'm fully aware of the malicious commands that he placed in RSWCS and I do not support RSWCS and I'll never run it or tell anyone else it's a good idea to do so but to simply say we can't even say the name of it is ridiculous.

I'm not here to cause trouble but this 'Rule' or 'Stance' is in poor taste. If this is a Forum we should be able to talk about anything WinMX Related in my opinion. Lets just remind ourselves that we are talking about a Chat Server and not Neo-Nazism I don't see the harm in saying the servers title even though we know its untrustworthy.

I understand that you guys are maintaining the Forum and you guys make the Rules but this is just silly.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 01:20:01 pm »
You bring it up today. Someone else brings up tomorrow. Others bring it up here n there and randomly down the road. Next thing you know a user comes on the forum looking for a chat server. "Hmmmm, seen that server all over the forum, reckon I'll try it out". User posts "I can't find the link to that server, anyone know it?" . Next thing you know some scatterbrained moron posts a link to the site where it can be located. Following me here? Bam, we've just told people where to find it. I say again, you may not like it but that's how it is. This is a public forum but we take our responcibility to this network extremely serious. We would appreciate no future refference to Richy's hacked up version of KM's software. And you can't say this wouldn't happen because you know it would. So let's move on. If you wouldn't support it then you understand why we wouldn't support it or want refference to it on this site.

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 02:36:36 pm »
This is starting to get off topic. Please stick to the topic, or I will lock this thread.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 08:36:40 pm »
Metis is able to read most if not, all messages issued in a room. Some may need some special treatment.
Metis can't however identify a users chat client on it's own yet.

So, lets say the joinmessage of the room is "Name has entered with" Client, issued by the server.
you may use as a trigger Name has entered with %PARAM%

You will have to find the messagetype   of the onjoin message and use an metiscommand  to get the %PARAM%

<command>
<in>Name has entered with %PARAM%</in>
<out>client %PARAM%</out>
</command>
<in>

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 09:16:02 pm »
Ok say for example someone wanted to stop wpcc client from entering their room for what ever reason what script could they use i know fx server displays peoples client on enter but wcs does not infact if you do a /stats on a user in a wcs room with wpcc it shows as winmx 3.53 lol

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 06:33:00 am »
It depends birdman. If you /stats someone as they enter WCS is likely to say it is WinMX 3.53 however if you wait a little while for WCS to determine which client it is the information on the /stats will change. However the WPCC user themselves can put in any information they want in to the box to make WPCC appear to be any client.

It's an annoying client that I personally dislike although we don't ban its usage or anything like that.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 10:08:07 am »
WPCC does have an option to not report client name and version, but i believe transfer status always reports as
Transfer Status: WPCC v0.1 beta 8.5 of Emulator available (or whatever version number). Correct me if i'm wrong.

The below script is a modified version of Guru's Transfer Status for WCS... it should do the trick in eliminating WPCC users from your room.

<config>

<OnEnter type="script">
<out type="sleep" extdata="10000"/>
<out type="push" extdata="CLIENTCHECK">1</out>
<out type="push" extdata="USERNAME">%NAME%</out>
<out type="push" extdata="USERIP">%IP%</out>
<out>/hidecmd /stats %USERVAR[USERNAME]%</out>
</OnEnter>

<command mode="thread" type="script" condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[CLIENTCHECK]%" rvalue="1">
<in>Transfer Status: %PARAM%</in>
<out type="push" extdata="TRANSTATUS">%PARAM%</out>
</command>

<command mode="thread" type="script" condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[CLIENTCHECK]%" rvalue="1">
<out type="push" extdata="USERCLIENT">%PARAM%</out>
<out>/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c7#User Name: #c3#$USERNAME$ #c7#Client: #c3#$USERCLIENT$</out>
<out delay="100" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="WPCC">/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c9#Illegal Client Detected: #c3#$USERCLIENT$</out>
<out delay="100" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="WPCC">/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c8#$USERNAME$ #c1#Banned For Illegal Client</out>
<out delay="100" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="WPCC">/hidecmd /kickban $USERNAME$</out>
<out type="goto" extdata="6" condition="?" lvalue="$USERCLIENT$" rvalue="WPCC"></out>

<out>/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c7#User Name: #c3#$USERNAME$ #c7#Transfer Status: #c3#$TRANSTATUS$</out>
<out delay="100" condition="?" lvalue="$TRANSTATUS$" rvalue="WPCC">/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c9#Illegal Client Detected: #c3#WPCC #c1#(#c8#Manipulated To Report as #c3#$USERCLIENT$#c1#)</out>
<out delay="100" condition="?" lvalue="$TRANSTATUS$" rvalue="WPCC">/hidecmd /gnotice @ #c8#$USERNAME$ #c1#Banned For Illegal Client</out>
<out delay="100" condition="?" lvalue="$TRANSTATUS$" rvalue="WPCC">/hidecmd /kickban $USERNAME$</out>

<out type="pop" extdata="USERIP"/>
<out type="pop" extdata="USERCLIENT"/>
<out type="pop" extdata="CLIENTCHECK"/>
<out type="pop" extdata="USERNAME"/>
<out type="pop" extdata="TRANSTATUS"/>
</command>

</config>

Not sure why you'd want to keep WPCC users out though  :S

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 10:58:54 am »
I used wpcc as an example but basicaly what i was askin was for the ability to block any type of chat client other than winmx from a room if the host desired for what ever reason, the script looks good would it be possible to add other clients and also before removal of the person to send them a message stating why they are being removed ?

Offline ']['affy

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 02:32:47 pm »
what worries me more about this is that if every host added these sort of scripts.  We wouldnt have anyone left on mx, as not many ppl download on mx these days they only upload, they get there files from other sources most use bots or chat clients for just chatting.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Metis Scripts and Help  |  Metis Script Help  |  Client on enter

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx