gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 03:37:19 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  All uploads timeout waiting for incoming connection.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: All uploads timeout waiting for incoming connection.  (Read 12472 times)

Offline bazmich

• Forum Member
All uploads timeout waiting for incoming connection.
« on: July 02, 2009, 09:07:29 pm »
Recently changed ISP from Tiscali to Plusnet. Since, I have not had a single successful upload as they all timeout waiting for incoming connection. I have forwarded my ports with simple port forwarding 6699 - 6257. I download with no problems.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
Re: All uploads timeout waiting for incoming connection.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 07:50:28 am »
A few things we need to know here please. What OS are you on, XP, Vista? What antivirus and/or firewall? Are you using windows firewall? Have you tried reallowing WinMX through windows firewall? Sometimes even not running it will block already allowed programs for some reason. To reallow, if windows firewall is disabled then reenable it. Remove WinMX.exe from the firewall with WINMX closed, then restart WinMX with the firewall running and reallow it. Then you can disable it again if you want. Please also list anything else you've tried to make it work no matter how small it seems. Could make a difference. Good luck :)
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline bazmich

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 09:25:24 pm »
Hi, I'm using Vista, AVG 8.5 antivirus with firewall. This automatically turns off Windows firewall. Have not tried anything else as I'm stumped as to why it doesn't work when I can download with no problems. Seems the firewall settings are allowing Winmx to download. Sorry for this but I'm not expert on the subject. I have been running Winmx many years but never had this problem before.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 11:42:40 pm »
Make sure the AVG firewall is set to allow both incoming and outgoing connections for winmx.
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 01:12:50 am »
If you will go ahead and do what I said also in my first post to reallow winmx in windows firewall just to be safe. You can find winmx.exe in control panal/windows firewall, then exceptions tab in windows firewall. Just remove it from there with winmx closed and then restart winmx and reallow it. Let me know how that goes please.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.

Offline bazmich

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 07:48:26 pm »
Hi nookycrOok, done as you suggested. Re-enabled Windows firewall and allowed Winmx application thru. Also checked that Winmx application was allowed in AVG firewall, it was. Although I turned Windows firewall on I think AVG firewall overrode it. Nobody can still upload from me. Does this help?

Offline Savage Blades

• Forum Member
    • DJ Hire
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 08:47:07 pm »
when you changed companies did they supply new hardware IE modem/router ?
if so make & model please ?
Also go to http://canyouseeme.org
test TCP port (6699 is default) that winmx is set to and see if it is open.
My opinions, are mine !
They may, or may not reflect the views and opinions of other WinMX World Forum members !!
DJ Hire

Offline bazmich

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 04:28:42 pm »
Hi Savage Blades, yes Plusnet gave me a new router a Thomson TG585 v7, which I could not get connected with so I went back to my old Tiscali router a Thomson Speedtouch 510 v6. Which is where I am now. I entered 6699 in canyouseeme check port and got message 'I could not see your service on port 6699, reason connection timed out'. I also entered port 6257 with the same result. Many Thanks.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 07:08:30 pm »
That means the port is still closed.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 09:44:49 pm »
According to what I found on portforward's site forum you would foward that Thomson TG585 v7 by the model found at this address  ---> http://www.portforward.com/fpa.cgi?data=Thomson-Alcatel---SpeedTouch585---WinMX  . And it's probably the only router your isp is allowing access. Seems to me someone else who had switched routers without the isp's knowing ended having to call their isp to get it allowed. The address where I found which router to go with is ----->  https://forum.portforward.com/YaBB.cgi?num=1224326446/2  if you wish to check it out yourself. One tip though. When you go to the address up there to foward it look up to the top right and click skip this add, then proceed. Hope it helps, let us know.

Offline bazmich

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 03:19:34 pm »
Hi nooKycrOoK, followed all portforward instructions on reinstalling Thomson 585 v7 router and making sure that ip static address, subnet mask, default gateway and name servers were correctly listed in Network and sharing settings. Then followed and inserted new ports (17618 TCP and 18547 UDP) in their port forwarding for Winmx. After which I used their checking tool to see if ports were open for both TCP and UDP and got reply, 'your port is not open or not reachable'. Still having same problem. Many Thanks for your advice, is there anything else I can try.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 04:53:24 pm »
Are you using any firewalls and is there another box in your lineup say Modem-> router-> pc
If so your modem might also have a NAT which makes it a router too.

Offline bazmich

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 06:28:12 pm »
I am using AVG firewall as mentioned above, but Winmx is allowed thru. Windows firewall is disabled although Winmx is also allowed thru. I cant see any other modem in Device manager.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 09:55:02 pm »
Dont look in device manager.
Look around your desk the modem and router are physical items that your pc is plugged into.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 01:42:36 am »
Then followed and inserted new ports (17618 TCP and 18547 UDP) in their port forwarding for Winmx.

Now are these the same ports, 17618 for tcp and 18547 for udp which are in your winmx the program? And try going to the port checker site with avg turned off completely, see how that goes. Let us know.

Offline bazmich

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 07:11:39 pm »
Hi nooKycrOok, yes, the ports I listed in router I had already put in Winmx program. Turned AVG firewall off and got same message when I used Port Checker.'Your port is not open or not reachable'. Many Thanks for your continued interest.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 07:35:55 pm »
Have you checked your net set up like i asked? You could be behind two routers.

Offline bazmich

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 08:09:22 pm »
The only things plugged into my PC are, Thomson router TG585 v7, speakers (2), all in one printer, keyboard and mouse. Many thanks.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 09:51:25 pm »
The router isnt plugged into anything?

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 05:38:24 am »
Something you may wish to try being on vista is go into your winmx folder and right click on winmx.exe and click properties. Once that comes up if it isn't checked put a check in the box beside "Run as Administrator" then click apply and ok and then start winmx. Might even benefit to click on the Compatibility tab under winmx.exe properties and set it to run as XP SP2 compatibility. Could be that it needs the admin privelidges to get through windows. I never had the issue on Vista but I know others have. Let us know how it goes. *edit* Also while in the winmx folder open oledlg.ini and change the 1 beside the enable upnp to a 0 to be sure it's not hampering your router settings you're making in fowarding your ports then go back to portfoward and doublecheck that they're still the same please.   :D

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  All uploads timeout waiting for incoming connection.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx