gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 04:14:52 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Windows XP SP3 runs browsers 13% faster than Windows 7 RTM
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Windows XP SP3 runs browsers 13% faster than Windows 7 RTM  (Read 971 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
Windows XP SP3 runs browsers 13% faster than Windows 7 RTM
« on: August 08, 2009, 04:32:22 pm »
http://www.betanews.com/article/Windows-XP-SP3-runs-browsers-13-faster-than-Windows-7-RTM/1249687071

In a set of comprehensive Windows Web browser performance tests conducted by Betanews on August 7 -- our first test of browsers running on the final Windows 7 RTM Build 7600 distributed by Microsoft yesterday -- the five major families of browsers tended to run 13% faster on Windows XP Service Pack 3 than on Windows 7, and 29% faster than on Windows Vista Service Pack 2.

That reflects a decline in the speed gap between XP and Win7 of about 1%, from tests conducted comparing XP-based browsers to those running on Windows 7 Release Candidate Build 7100. Some browsers are faster in Windows 7 RTM, although Mozilla Firefox 3.5.2 ran just a tick slower.

Our latest complete round of tests shows Google Chrome 3 continuing to make phenomenal gains with each iteration, with developer channel build 196.2 posting another record Betanews index score of 18.96 in XP, and 16.09 in Win7. In other words, on the XP platform, Chrome 3 performs with the relative horsepower of about 19 Internet Explorer 7 browsers running on Vista SP2. There's good reason to believe Google wants Chrome 3 to run particularly well on the older XP platform, which has enjoyed a huge resurgence as a result of installations on netbooks where Vista would either under-perform or not even fit. Apple's Safari 4 build 530.19 is the next best performer on XP with a 16.16 score.

It's by chance that this news article and the other one about XP were in the news at the same time. I have posted this one purely for your information.  :)

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
Re: Windows XP SP3 runs browsers 13% faster than Windows 7 RTM
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 04:52:49 pm »
Makes me wanna go back to XP.     Oh wait I am moving to Linux! lol

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 04:19:16 am »
:lol: @ Omega
Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 01:28:24 am »
this one actually makes vista look the best but the initials statements arent based on one browser...

Some browsers are faster in Windows 7 RTM, although Mozilla Firefox 3.5.2 ran just a tick slower.

what really amazes me is this...

Google Chrome 3 continuing to make phenomenal gains with each iteration, with developer channel build 196.2 posting another record Betanews index score of 18.96 in XP, and 16.09 in Win7. In other words, on the XP platform, Chrome 3 performs with the relative horsepower of about 19 Internet Explorer 7 browsers running on Vista SP2.

and since that benchmark was done on vista and not windows 7 it shouldnt have been used in the thesis
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 08:46:32 pm »
this one actually makes vista look the best but the initials statements arent based on one browser...

Actually no it doesn't. By what I read and I could be misunderstanding this is they're saying the broswers on XP ran 13% faster than they did on Win7 and the XP browsers were 29% faster than on Vista SP2. Which by all means means they were still faster on Win7 than on Vista SP2. Someone may correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I read it.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline Mr.Snicky

• Forum Member
  • Yep?
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 09:08:50 pm »
Windows 7 is heavy in a sense.

All Windows 7 is is Vista, but much improved. Most of the issues were fixed when the SP hit for Vista that were haunting users. Windows 7 "appears" to be faster than Vista. In actuality, they are the same performance, only UI (user interface) changes have made it appeared faster. So with that said, XP is obviously going to be faster simply because Windows 7 does way more than XP.

But why would you want to continue using XP when Windows 7 not only supports more intense hardware, but obviously is going to get more support because it has rails for XP *and* 7/Vista?

And to my understanding, all it's saying is "ha ha, XP is still faster" (but with browsers....)

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 02:39:12 pm »
And to my understanding, all it's saying is "ha ha, XP is still faster" (but with browsers....)
***too
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 07:55:34 pm »
IT sure as hell makes IE look like crap as well "Chrome 3 performs with the relative horsepower of about 19 Internet Explorer 7 browsers "
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Windows XP SP3 runs browsers 13% faster than Windows 7 RTM

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx