gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 08:45:10 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Shocker: Windows 7 to sell in UK for half the US price!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Shocker: Windows 7 to sell in UK for half the US price!  (Read 813 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
Shocker: Windows 7 to sell in UK for half the US price!
« on: August 20, 2009, 06:45:38 am »
http://crave.cnet.co.uk/software/0,39029471,49303374,00.htm

We've been doing some investigating, friends -- making phone calls, demanding answers. And it was worth it. We can confirm something very few people get to confirm: British shoppers aren't going to be totally shafted over software pricing for once. Full versions of Windows 7 Home Premium are going to cost us half as much as they cost Americans.

In the UK, full versions of Windows 7 Home Premium -- not an upgrade edition -- are going to cost around £65. That's less than the price the Americans have to pay just for an upgrade version -- $120 (£72) -- and half what they'll have to cough up for a full version -- $200 (£122).

Amazon.co.uk is already selling the full version of Home Premium for £65, and Play.com is selling it for a little more at £75, but with free delivery. Incidentally, this is the version that includes Internet Explorer 8 -- the Windows 7 E editions have now been scrapped (see our previous coverage for info).

An Amazon.co.uk spokesperson told us to treat this pricing as "indefinite". We asked Microsoft for comment on the pricing disparity, but it's yet to get back to us. Our best guess is that it's honouring its pricing for Windows 7 E, which was cheaper because an upgrade wasn't possible.

It's nice to see a more realistic price being set in the current econonic climate.  8)

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
Re: Shocker: Windows 7 to sell in UK for half the US price!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 03:15:56 pm »
I don't believe they're going to have much choice in the matter really. Given the current economical status here in the states, how many do they thhink are going to be willing to run out and pay around $1100 here to build a GOOD pc that will run Win7 just so they can go buy Win7 @ $200? They really aren't going to have a choice I think. Otherwise it'll flop for price alone and likely end up leaving them in even worse shape than what they were in over Vista which I would go buy new @ $85 now for Vista Home Premium, which is what's on my wife's pc and I like just fine, before I'll pay $200 for a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Shocker: Windows 7 to sell in UK for half the US price!

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx