gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 12:08:31 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Pirate Bay Shut Down By Swedsh Court
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pirate Bay Shut Down By Swedsh Court  (Read 1048 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Pirate Bay Shut Down By Swedsh Court
« on: August 24, 2009, 05:27:27 pm »
Today the enevitable closure of the pirate bay took hold and whilst there have been reports of some backup systems in place working from only certain locations for most of of its users the bay is dead.

http://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-taken-offline-by-swedish-authorities-090824/

Today, Stockholm’s district court took action to completely remove The Pirate Bay from the Internet.
The court ordered the site’s major bandwidth supplier, Black Internet, to disconnect TPB from the Internet or face penalties of 500,000 kroner ($70,600). The ISP complied, saying that it had no choice but to uphold the law.

This comes on the same day that a Swedish Baliff confirmed that they bay crew have no revenue to pay off any fines etc so in effect they cant be forced to pay any fines imposed by the previous criminal court ruling except at perhaps a very small rate a week if they are working.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10315958-93.html

Media companies will struggle to grab any money owed by The Pirate Bay, as Sweden's official debt collector found that three of the four founders have "no attachable assets" in that country.

Update: Hot news in folks  :o

As expected, The Pirate Bay site relocated and is back online. A Pirate Bay insider told TorrentFreak that they “got a new connection to the net.” The tracker is still down and is expected to be fully operational tomorrow morning, we were told. Ever since their servers were raided back in 2006 they were prepared for takedown attempts like this.

“The MAFIAA has spent millions of dollars and endless amounts of time to get this ban in order. Our guess is that they also bribed a bit to get it since it violates so many laws not only in Sweden but also in the EU, not to mention violations against human rights. And what do they have to show for it? 3 hours of partial downtime,” the Pirate Bay team adds.

It seems the game of cat and mouse continues.

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
Re: Pirate Bay Shut Down By Swedsh Court
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 07:59:34 pm »
If they have a new connection to the net and have been prepared for something like, they will have no problems. I think they would have to be carefull but clever people can find clever ways of doing things.
System(s) Configuration
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo T4500 CPU @ 2.3Ghz, 2048MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 09:07:42 pm »
The current status is that the site is down again due to a fibre outage at the new company who didnt expect so much traffic  :lol:

The word is that this will be resolved tomorrow morning or there abouts, just in time for the next round in the game no doubt.

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 05:20:07 am »
They are off to a good start I see then. I have confidence in TPB and the site as always helped me get the things I need.
System(s) Configuration
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo T4500 CPU @ 2.3Ghz, 2048MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 05:03:57 pm »
I just went to TPB website and it is up again. Im so happy!!!

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 06:15:30 pm »
tracker seems to still be dead tho :/

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 10:26:02 pm »
All working fine here for last 2 days   :yes:

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 02:32:41 am »
Wow this storey sounds so familiar for some reason......... :D
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Pirate Bay Shut Down By Swedsh Court

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx