I would like to put this in the category spam and false information.
Best would be to delete the post.
This post is no different than ZCS and ES enthusiasts posting updates or news about those particular servers
This isnt really a "new" wcs which may be what wonderer is getting at.
What raven has done is fixed minor bugs that were in the last version of wcs.
"minor bug fixes"?
Changes since WCS 1.83..
Fixed Replace bugs
Added /logout command
Added /addaccess command (* access is needed)
Added /remaccess command (* access is needed)
Added c for caps access
Added /setcolor command (optional)
Added rename message (optional)
Added country look ups (optional)
Updated /help file with new commands.
Edited / updated some code to bring wcs up to speed.
Changes since 1.8.6
* Fixed reverse DNS lookups
* Fixed DNSServer/DNSServer2 not being read from the config
* Fixed case-sensitivity of custom commands
* Fixed reading invalid access levels from the config
* Fixed bug in /setaccess
* Fixed overflow in /dumpcore
* Fixed bug in /motd where variables were not replaced with their corresponding values
* Fixed 0x9905 message redundancy when fancy entry is enabled
* Fixed blank replaces causing undefined behavior
* Changed RenameMessage= to allow color codes
* Changed default cache server to caches.winmxworld.net
* Added ! access
* Added AutoAdmin=
AutoAdmin= is used to automatically grant full access (*@!) when joining using a loopback hash,
this saves the host time by not having to login,
to enable set to 1, to disable set to 0 which is default.
(only works when you join using a loopback hash, i.e 0100007F1A2B)
! access is used to protect from kicks, bans, kickbans, exiles, aswell as redirects.
NOTE: On Windows however, you still have the ability to perform these commands on users from the server window...everything else should be self-explanatory (I hope)
A bit more than some "minor bug fixes" don't you think?
Sure theres been a lot of fixes for bugs that existed in KM's last version.
Those fixes and
new features is what makes an already great chat server even that
Anyways i think the original post is nothing more than informing users and hosts that WCS is alive and well
and is a stable, secure, viable choice in chat servers.