gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 11:47:11 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  FX server obselete
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: FX server obselete  (Read 12501 times)

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
Re: FX server obselete
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 09:06:33 pm »
If you've never banned anybody a banlist.txt file won't appear gyps... only when a ban has been placed, the file is created.

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 10:55:26 pm »
Ooop then, thats why lol as i havent
Just wondered how it was custmisable aswell...thats why i mainly asked....thanks Reef :)

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 07:42:08 pm »
@ birdman

the source to MCS (wich wcs is based from) is in the archive under king macro
the sources to WCS are floating around however i dont think they were officially released they why we have mods like RSWCS. im not sure how the ES is distributed for linux but if its a binary(like wcs-linux) file or a tar archive the sources for them are easily visible. and having looked over the wcs codes myself there are only subtle differences between the actual code for the .bin and the .exe the rest is in the make file used to compile it for the host system.
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 03:18:05 am »
It may suprise you to know both Birdman and Bacon that Eagle writes his own code and is not copying anything made by either Fedez or KM, his new creation is still in the alpha stage I,m told and he has one known tester working with him atm to help iron out bugs, I,m sure when he has time to complete it he will release it as he normally does on the usual site, where his other projects are housed.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2009, 04:52:57 am »
i never said he was taking the code from either program. i merely said he was adding features that are in them that so many of the users like.

Offline deadlydeathangel

• Forum Member
  • =D (always willing to lend a hand)
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2009, 04:29:35 pm »
i do not fully understand why we are bashing fxs out of the servers, its not war of the servers now is it? i mean i would say WCS is still popular server by my standards (i program mainly bots so its quite friendly to use) i just need a room whereas i can just bring up the configs at will, and just add a few lines into it to make the bot pick things up (as fxs has cohost level *cough* ability to see logins i can still make scripts for that server) also, fxs isnt gone until the last person stops using it until then we are having to say everyone has/or used the fxserver, Server is only the begining the better hosts of mx ARE often FEMALES (opps) but yes i disagree with beer bashing the servers, i dont wanna drop me beer over nothing :P People like Eagle, KM, Ouka makers, Fede, have worked hard in providing a WORKING server rather than servers that CRASHES all the while (RSWCS is not included as it was made via km's source with a few additions so i still will refer to it as an update to wcs)
VVò£F(¥)àñ

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 06:13:41 pm »
Why some folks beat on FX server is because it has a bug or two that can be a pain to those on the receiving end, this is in the older versions only though i,m pretty sure.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 01:13:55 pm »
I bash Fxserver as it has a bug in it that if it cant fill a secondary connection slot it continuously hammers the caches till it finds one it likes. but this can go on for hours. And their can be a few diffrent servers at a time hammering the back out of a cache which is frustrating at times.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2009, 07:02:06 pm »
the last version released had the option to use the local winmx primary.
it saves you from forwarding extra ports and bashes your mx =D

The most prevailant bug is the "key corruption" that causes secondaries to fall and makes you click like 30 times to join a room.

Offline »Kîttµm§«

• Forum Member
  • »Kîttµm§«
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2009, 05:19:49 am »
 :thumbs:     Just remember when you are trying to get your FX Server to work they give you a automatic port to use i believe  the port set in your Configs is  6698 .. I have found if you change that port to 6697 , you can get into your room and so can anyone else trying  :yes:   Enjoy your Chat room lol if trying to use FX   :evil:
·;·Fàñçý Méòw·;· :p

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2009, 08:23:03 am »
Be nice if Fedez showed up to fix some of these bugs, especially the ones that hurt the network support infrastructure.

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2009, 09:01:20 am »
I hear mention many times of bugs in FX server but i remain curious what the bugs are can anyone elighten me ?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2009, 09:46:34 am »
The only bug that concerns me is the one mentioned above that hits the caches repeatedly, its clearly visible to any of the cache operators and often a visit is made to the chat room concerned in an effort to try to minimise the effect though helpful discussion.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  FX server obselete

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx