gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 03:27:47 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Video and Audio Help  |  Audio Help  |  Cdex Free CD Ripping Program
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Cdex Free CD Ripping Program  (Read 9991 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Cdex Free CD Ripping Program
« on: October 29, 2005, 10:18:39 pm »
If your wondering how to get your favorite music cds onto your computer for your listening pleasure have a look at this page for full instructions.

Ripping Audio Files With CDex

If you have any other questions regarding this program feel free to post them here..

Happy Ripping...

zazafromjohor

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 05:06:11 am »
how do you make the CDDB works on this CDex soft??? :?:

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 06:16:05 am »
Thats easy Zazafromjohor, in the guide we have you just need to enter an email address as shown in the picture in the remote cddb tab in settings and allow it through the firewall when you click on  the 6th icon down on the right (or one up from the bottom if you prefer) the get cddb from databse option.

I hope that gets you on the right road  :)

innerpeace

CDex and ASPI
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 04:24:44 am »
When running CDex the first time it did not find ASPI on my system.  I clicked ok to use another setting instead and I can't remember the name.  I'm running XP and have Nero.  The Nero InfoTool says I have WNASPI.DLL version 2.0.1.59 under NeroASPI and the system ASPI says not installed.  This all is very new to me.  Do I have to use it?  I'm lost.

Lysander

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 12:28:12 am »
Me Here, why are you choosing to support CDex? Why not Exact Audio Copy?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 06:54:20 am »
Hi Lysander,

Thats a easy one I can answer in two parts:

Its free! Lots of folks have heard of it and use it, and its opensource.

We dont soley support it any more then we only support Ouka or FX Server.. CDex is just the only one we have a tutorial on.

If you like Easy Audio Copy and are familiar with it, then maybe you would consider making a tutorial for the site?  We like to support free ware with no added extras in it, and like to offer folks instructions when we can..

PM me if your interested.. :D

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 08:50:33 am »
EAC is free like CDex is free. I'd write a tutorial for it, but I don't have to thanks to the Coaster Factory! http://users.pandora.be/satcp/eac-qs-en.htm

Sharecat5000

Re: Cdex Free CD Ripping Program
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 02:25:16 am »
 :o Dunno why you guys are so anti-microsoft... i have tried CDex, and was disappointed, winamp is full of adware, but Windows Media player 10 does a fine job of ripping and playing, and i have had no problems at all. Never heard of the 'converting files' problem, unless he still has an older version.

Nor do i use that rotten bloody Nero... Roxio rules!! And do be fussy about your blank CD media!

Another tip: Crystal Media sound cards are NOT good for ripping. theres lots of crummy, severely distorted mp3's out there cos people are ripping on substandard hardware, and at absurdly low sampling rates

A minimum of 128kb is recommended, and get a Sound Blaster Live! or better
:P

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 06:21:08 am »
Share the problem I have with Windows Media Player is simple really...

It embeds information about the users details from the machine it was ripped on.  These details are not obvious to the average user however I can find them so you can bet that someone like the riaa or the like could as well.  This is why WinMX by default will not share .wma files.  If they didnt do this to innocent unsuspecting users I would have not probs with them at all really..

But I also agree with some of your other points on the subject.. thanks for the tips .. :)

Offline irene

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 03:09:02 pm »
I tried CDex and when the ripping ended, it bacame a file-folder in a different way than all the other music I have stored..I just want to share, and don't know how to make the ripped CD to be in the same format and compatibility with WinMX...
Irene
Please help!

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 03:31:09 pm »
Irene,

CDex make them into mp3 files by default.  This is the most compatible file type with WinMX your going to get.

Cdex will store the files in a default location and if you're havng troubles with that here's a way to change it.

To see/change the location the files will be stored:
Open Cdex, click the Options button.
Choose Settings
Click 'FileNames'

Half way down you will see 'Recorded Tracks'  with a file path.. click the [...] looking button and browse to the location you want them stored.  This can be your already shared folder.. or you can make a new folder then share it in WinMX.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Video and Audio Help  |  Audio Help  |  Cdex Free CD Ripping Program

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx