gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 08:27:09 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  MxMonitor eating most of the computers cpu time.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MxMonitor eating most of the computers cpu time.  (Read 2912 times)

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
MxMonitor eating most of the computers cpu time.
« on: September 20, 2009, 08:06:47 am »
This doesn't happen on my pc since I runMxMoni only very rarely, I don't trust it to browse then put people on ignore since any network delay will put them on ignore doing that even if they share infinite files, but my roomy runs it all the time to clear/ignore non-sharers and autostart ones who start him first. Problem is after some decent number of people are in his queue, like anything over 30, the pc gets extremely sluggish, the clock even begins losing time skipping the seconds as they should be ticking by. WnMX uploads which will run at the bandwidth as set in options will slow to 1 or 2k if MXMoni is turned on. If I disable monitoring, the speed will rise much higher, but still not full bandwidth speed. If I exit MXMonitor all together upload speeds return, instantly, to whatever the bandwidth is set to in WinMX and the system clock runs correctly again and the lag all over the system stops. Start MXMoni again, computer goes ti*@s-up again. I don't like to turn MXMonitor on or off since that creates a big risk that it will crash WinMX itself. Is MXMonitor just crapware? or is it natural for a computer thats double the speed of mine to freeze, lag and act really strangely when MXMonitor is turned on while mine screams along happily running WinMX, chat rooms, Photoshop, and several open pages on Firefox all at one time with no lag or delay whatsoever?
(Same OS, same firewall, same access via the same switched network to the same isp, same WinMX, same MXMoni)

Offline Savage Blades

• Forum Member
    • DJ Hire
Re: MxMonitor eating most of the computers cpu time.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 04:24:28 pm »
Having used MxMoni since version 1.21 and all different kinds of PCs and OSs..
No way can I say it is crapware...
I can say that if you use settings as default ..
it has some overly mean ignores...
had it run on a 486 & XP with 120mhz cpu .. constantly running non stop.. bug free without a restart for over 6 months
delete the mxmonitor.dat  .. open it - redo all the settings.. should be fine
if you exit moni.. it will never restart winmx
however  re-opening it sometimes.. rarely cause winmx to -re-open from scratch
My opinions, are mine !
They may, or may not reflect the views and opinions of other WinMX World Forum members !!
DJ Hire

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  MxMonitor eating most of the computers cpu time.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx