gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 12:01:33 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  A landmark day for p2p users
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A landmark day for p2p users  (Read 1351 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
A landmark day for p2p users
« on: September 21, 2009, 04:13:21 pm »
You may not have realised it, but the 22nd of September is a landmark day in the history of p2p.

It will be the fourth anniversary of the rebirth of Winmx under the sole control and direction of a dedicated team of its users. Like all good things it hasn’t been an easy path and has only been achieved by a lot of hard work by this dedicated group of people. Most users will be unaware of who they are. This is because they don’t ask for any thanks, don't get paid, and do it purely for the love of Winmx.

Winmx now uses a brilliant patch system, courtesy of a programmer named Eagle. He has finally managed to achieve something that has long been strived for, a simple, trouble free and automatic installation of Winmx. The huge reduction in the number of people who require help in installing Winmx proves just how good his patch really is.

Despite the attempts of the various music and film cartels to bring Winmx down it carries on and has become more secure with time. The unique system it now has of blocking the cartels attempts to flood the system with fake files, and generally cause havoc, shows just how effective is the work that has been done in the background over those four years. It may have had a very shaky rebirth four years ago, but those four years have seen Winmx go from strength to strength and get more and more robust.

Happy Birthday Winmx  from Your Worldwide User Base.
                                                   May you bring many more happy hours to all your users old and new.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: A landmark day for p2p users
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 07:22:57 pm »
Indeed it is a great day for all users DBK, in some hours at this time 4 years ago the users who where left disconnected in their hundreds of thousands came together and engineered a solution to keep the network alive, we today are still here and still firm in our resolve that Legal bullies and corporate thugs will not previal in the battle for independant file distribution capability, they may wish to monopolise all that they can but we will not allow them to steal our rights to share our own content .

A big thank you goes out from all here on the site to those of you who did more than their fair share in reaching a solution and spreading that solution far and wide, 4 years have passed by but many of you remember the day as if it was yesterday and speak excitedly of what took place, of the emergency open nap room, the rooms on the tesla network and ares and the teams of folks running back and fourth and on web sites with the latest news from the third party developers who pooled their efforts to ensure the faithful where rewarded after a mere 3 days of waiting, that anniversary is the 22nd  of september and in the spirit of celebration lets us all enjoy sharing our files and chatting to our friends safe in the knowledge that good has prevailed at least this once in our lives.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 09:11:39 pm »
Viva La WinMX and all who work under her, id say Sail but them pirate Bay sellouts have wrecked that saying :-D
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 12:12:25 am »
If you have just started your WinMX you will be greeted to this special message that is being broadcast for the next 24 hours, happy anniversary folks  8)

Offline Mick832

• MX Hosts
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 12:35:45 am »
I get French

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 12:39:30 am »
It seems I get French too, and I barely speak french. LOL

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 12:52:11 am »
I get French

LMAO!!! Me too, and I speak no French but happy rebirthday WinMX. May you live to see many more!!
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 02:53:01 am »
I get french too.
- Josh

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 02:54:11 am »
Apparently it rotates through different languages. So if you're lucky you might even get German.
- Josh

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 11:56:52 am »
Well im glad your all enjoying the show, i wanted german but nylly wouldnt translate, and i darent babelfish it and have her tell me its wrong lol
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 05:46:06 pm »
My contribution to the celebration:
Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 05:49:27 pm »
¿Si Habla Español?
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline Bluehaze

• Forum Member
    • Realms Beyond
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 01:08:45 pm »
Happy Birthday and many blessing to all of the WinMX'ers! :)  A special thank you to all of those who worked so hard to find a solution quickly after the shutdown of 9-22-05! Thanks Cobra for the wonderful cake!  :D

-Bluehaze
"As one grows older, one becomes wiser and more foolish,"
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  A landmark day for p2p users

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx