gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 04:19:36 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Where is????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Where is????  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Scooter911

• Forum Member
Where is????
« on: November 03, 2009, 03:51:21 pm »
Where is everybody?  I've been downloading/uploading via winmx for years and now when I go on and do a search, hardly anything, if anything, comes back anymore.  Has everybody moved somewhere else?   :/ 

Hopefully it's just a setting or something.

Thanks.

P2PTeer

Re: Where is????
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 10:56:44 pm »
Unfortunately that is what is happening. WinMX is a dead network and WinMXWorld is just keeping it alive and prolonging its suffering.

I would recommend trying torrents (uTorrent) or SoulSeek or some other software.

WinMX was shutdown for a reason, and the people who tried to keep it alive have completely separated from each other and feel they have superior power to govern a "decentralized" network. KM left because of this reason, he saw the bitterness of the WinMXWorld leader and their corrupt nature. The same is true even with GhostShip and Me Here stepping down, there is now younger and even more power hungry people taking over and it's going to cause failure to the network in the end.

WinMX is done, move on.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 11:32:56 pm »
WinMX is far from dead. Just find a nice room and nestle in.

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 12:21:35 am »
P2PTeer, you are so far from the truth, you couldnt even run to it. WinMX is still alive, and there are no power hungry people in charge. We do everything we can to keep this network alive and in working order. If you do not appreciate what we do, then I am done wasting my text on you.

Scooter911, can you please give us some information on your computer please?

Operating System
Modem and/or Router
Firewall
MxMoni or LeechHammer
Internet Service Provider
Method of Connection (Primary or Secondary)

Once we have all this information, it will be easier to diagnose your problem, and find a solution fast.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 02:03:39 pm »
What annoys me is why P2PTeer had to post from a proxy to tell us WinMX was dead. If they new winmx was dead why not stand for all to see. Or is it that the recent bannings of trouble causers requires the use Proxys. To be honest i made a post today in a section a few of you can and cant see. Since last monday downloads of the winmx client have doubled, a considerable jump. Most in part to winter and people being stuck in. An the ever so amazing torrents, which arent so amazing unless your registered with a private tracker. As public trackers are abismal.

As for scooter can you tell me when from your are comparing too. Are you comparing to before WinMX originally shut down? Or are we talking something recently?

I ask as if your talking from along time ago then i must point out that this new patch filters fakes files. So the files you see are always REAL files. Not like before where we had to click and hope :-)

If your loss in files though is sudden my friend omega is asking you the right questions.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 09:01:36 pm »
Well said Tiny and Omega, whilst its true I have stepped down from everyday operational matters the rest of the staff here are able to call upon me for support and information when its required and guidance when its needed, I shall add p2pteers post to the list of extra reasons why KM left that I have seen posted over the years, as KM was one of the three founding members its hard to see how any leader would have gottten power hungry as there was no leader as such except maybe himself, his drive and programming skills are always missed but the cost for retaining them became too high on the rest of the us.

To ensure such a fiasco is not repeated we have tried to democratise any important decisions and leave the operational stuff to the trusted supervisors and others who all take part in ensuring the site remains a place for help and education as it was originally set up to be, sure there will be some politics in there but most are for clear cut legal reasons and the smooth running of the site, its always going to be the same attitude from us on the staff here however, you post and we do our best to answer your queries where possible, come with a bad attitude then expect to leave with one, we are WinMX users same as yourself and will return any respect we receive.

Lets not forget folks united we stand...

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 02:06:30 am »
O RLY P2PTeer?? All I got to say is cool story bro instead raging.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Where is????

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx