gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 02:48:45 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Microsoft: ‘Piracy no longer poses a threat to us’
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Microsoft: ‘Piracy no longer poses a threat to us’  (Read 1088 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
Microsoft: ‘Piracy no longer poses a threat to us’
« on: December 03, 2009, 11:27:40 pm »
http://freakbits.com/microsoft-piracy-no-longer-poses-a-threat-to-us-1202

In a recent interview, managing director of Microsoft Philippines Inc., John Bessey, has claimed that piracy no longer poses a threat to the software giant.

In the interview, which was part of Microsoft’s launch of Windows 7 in the Philippines, Bessey warns users that by using a pirated version of their new OS, they open themselves up to “viruses”.

Elaborating on that, Philstar.com is reporting that online banking may be the biggest danger for those using pirated Operating Systems. Without the protection that Microsoft offers with legit copies of Windows 7, a user could be sharing his banking details with “the world.”

To be fair, in this aspect, that is a chance Internet users always take when when they’re not careful or just unlucky. Nasty little things such as keyloggers and inept users answering emails from Nigerian princes have always been a danger while using any operating system.

To be totally honest, anytime you use any OS of any kind you open yourself up to viruses and trojans, especially with Microsoft’s Operating Systems.

As this article is published, Microsoft has unfortunately not answered to our repeated email requests for a statement on this issue. In the news business that’s called a solid “no comment.”

I'll say one thing about Microsoft, they are a laugh a minute.  :gum:

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
Re: Microsoft: ‘Piracy no longer poses a threat to us’
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 12:18:06 am »
pirated versions, you see, are more susceptible to virus attack, genuine, overpriced, registered copies, are virus proof

You didnt know that?

Well , I'll be...

Now, theres this bridge i need to talk to you about, I have exclusive sales rights...

and I DO have a seven-legged dog...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 01:23:26 pm »
This means we can sue MS if we are hit by a virus using a legit copy of Windows 7?

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 02:07:17 pm »
sure!
why not?
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 07:22:01 pm »
Elaborating on that, Philstar.com is reporting that online banking may be the biggest danger for those using pirated Operating Systems

Do people actually still use banks lol .... more chance of keeping hold of your money in the uk if you hide it under the matress rather than trusting the unstability & rip off charges of banks here.

I would put my Secure/Faster/More stable/better looking custom Windows7 up against anything microsoft have to offer anyday ... i wouldnt trust them to secure a picture to a wall if they had full instructions.

If it wasnt for us "Pirates" modding up there Bloated unsecure unstable systems for them where would they get there own ideas from for there service packs and new releases  :whistle:

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 08:21:57 am »
my Secure/Faster/More stable/better looking custom Windows7

I'd be interested to read some tips on how to achieve these things, please, if you are willing; I like the idea of a better Windows than what they provide.

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 06:14:39 pm »
Pm sent  with a list of sites that carry a font of knowledge for custom windows m8

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 06:28:39 pm »
I tried to send a PM thank you, but the Reply wouldn't send because it didn't recognize your user, so thank you from here; greatly appreciated.

Offline Sonic

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 03:57:46 pm »
I'd love to get some of that custom Windows info too, if it isn't too much trouble.

Much appreciated.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Microsoft: ‘Piracy no longer poses a threat to us’

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx