gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 08:55:56 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Music Blogs “Need to be Regulated to Stop Piracy”
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Music Blogs “Need to be Regulated to Stop Piracy”  (Read 647 times)

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
Music Blogs “Need to be Regulated to Stop Piracy”
« on: January 22, 2010, 02:01:53 am »
Alison Wenham, chairman of the Association of Independent Music (AIM), is criticizing music blogs for linking to copyrighted material and thinks legislation is needed to discourage the practice.

“The fundamentals of copyright are pretty well breached by the ability to move material around seamlessly and undetectably,” says Wenham. “Blogs, therefore, form a growing problem because they are not what one would strictly call or refer to as file-sharing.”

She says that individually they may pose no threat as it were, but taken together as a whole it is similar to any other P2P network or service.

“A growing number of individuals pop links onto their blogs either as a form of flattery or as information exchange,” she adds. “But when a few hundred or a few thousand people do that then the scale of the problem is far more similar than a file-sharing service.”

She’d also like to see ISPs pressured into helping fight the problem of illegal file-sharing.
zeropaid

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
Re: Music Blogs “Need to be Regulated to Stop Piracy”
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 07:09:58 am »
they are not what one would strictly call or refer to as file-sharing

That being the case then she should strictly keep her stupid opinions to herself  :butt:

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Music Blogs “Need to be Regulated to Stop Piracy”
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 01:10:18 am »
Well well.. its nice to hear what some folks would like however I have a few requests of my own.

For one I would like to see all recording industry propaganda banned from the internet and only facts published by reputable independent reporting agencies, as atm the big media companies often own the news organisations and we are treated to biased and misleading news from groups like Fox and the BBC amongst many other names.  

Not going to happen ? Shame that,  I feel the same about requests made by so called "music" organisations that often turn out to be merely a front company for overseas interests.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Music Blogs “Need to be Regulated to Stop Piracy”

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx