gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 10:28:25 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  PLEASE help...cannot get patch to work, DESPARATE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: PLEASE help...cannot get patch to work, DESPARATE  (Read 8554 times)

Jimy

PLEASE help...cannot get patch to work, DESPARATE
« on: January 27, 2010, 05:10:32 am »
PLEASE someone help me.  I use Winmx so faithfully & am always fair & share with anyone willing! I got a new laptop and reinstalled Winmx on it and initially it worked.  Then, for another reason, I had to do a system recovery back to factory settings.  Now, I cannot get Winmx to work.  PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!  I installed it...an when t it opens it tell me there's the patch update.  So I click and go there and download the the installation with the patch and when WinMX opens it will not connect & continues to say in the notification bar that the patch is available.  After I had done this reinstall from the patch link before on this computer, it opened correctly and said thank Eagle in the notification area.
I will be so very lost without Winmx.  Can anyone, please, help me...
Thank you in advance...

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
Re: PLEASE help...cannot get patch to work, DESPARATE
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 06:17:43 am »
Can you please give us some information to help us help you?

Operating System
WinMX Version
Where you downloaded the patch from
Are you behind a router
Connection Method (Primary or Secondary)
Internet Connection Type (Cable/DSL)

Once we get that information we will be able to assist you better.

jimmyb30

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 06:38:29 am »
i downloaded version 3.54b4 from patch.winmxconex.com
this is a new computer, using vista home premium 64 bit
i am connected through a secured wireless home network
winmx makes a secondary connection i think (it always fails the connection test)

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 06:41:30 am »
Jimy, i hope we CAN help you, but theres a number of questions need to be asked, altho this would indded be easier if you can come to out Help room...
winmx doesnt need to be 'connected' in order to come to the room
WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
when you open winmx, go to the chat section, and then paste that room ID into the filter bar at the top, then click Join Room

Are you using Windows Vista or windows 7, or just good ol' XP?
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 06:48:29 am »
Are you running it as Administrator? Also, you can try and uninstall WinMX, delete the WinMX folder in Program Files, and install it again. That usually solves the issue. Give that a try and if it does, or does not work let us know here, or the help room.

jimy

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 06:52:18 am »
i thinkl i answered your question in previous post,   i am trying to get used to this vista business.  i have my order in for windows 7 upgrade though

when i tried uninstalling to reistall, it won't remove completely. there is a OLEDLG.dll file that has hijacked my hosts file...won't let it be deleted or let me change myself as the operator of it.  i'm now concerned.  hijackthis is being blocked my something from it too

yes, i should be administrator.  i am only person o0n it and set it up today.  this has me concerned i cannot delete this dll file

jimy

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 06:56:32 am »
now when i went back to the winmx folder with just thay DLL file left and tried to right click on it, my bullguard poped up saying it is a trojan.something and moved it to quarentine

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 06:57:09 am »
oledlg.dll is part of the patch, wouldnt have 'hijacked' your hosts file...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

jmy

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 06:58:09 am »
went to quarentine voault...it's calling it a trojan.generic.1742496!!!!!!

jimy

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 06:59:52 am »
well, i noticed on one site it hadit in patch in all lowercase...this one is in all uppercase  OLEDLG.DLL

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 07:08:18 am »
If it cam from the site it is a false positive. Just remove it from quarantine and everything will work.

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 07:18:30 am »
In Vista, even though you are using an administrator account, you still run with Standard account privileges. When a program or a action by you try to run with administrators rights, you must first give it permission before it is allowed. This is the User Account Control (UAC). The hidden real Built-in Administrator Account does not use UAC and is like the one in XP with full rights on your computer

1. Go to your Start menu and in Accessories list, open Command Prompt by right-clicking on its icon and choosing Run as Administrator
2. When the Command Prompt window appears, enter the command               net user administrator /active:yes
3. When done, log out from your current account.
4. The Administrator account should now be present on your log in screen.

Use this account and delete the original set up account then you should have no further problems  with setting up programs

Also grab a programme called    unlocker    it does what it says in the title and is readily available on the net for free just google it..... this will give you more control over your files etc.

jimy

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 07:28:14 am »
wow...ok.  thank u to all of u.  o u think i just need to go back to the same site and download the 3.54b4 with the patch and try installing that file again?  there is an entry for winmx on my hijack this log O1 - Hosts: 66.240.163.19 wwwwinmxcom        that hjt cannot remove.  should this be concerning?  is it supposed to be on my system???

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 07:32:01 am »
There shouldn't be anything WinMX related listed in the hosts file. I would manually remove it, if Vista will allow you to. I would try and remove the file from quarantine, then see if that helps. If not reinstalling WinMX would be the next option.

jimy

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 07:34:45 am »
i had bullguard delete the dll file fromn the quarentine.  i don't know how to remove this host winmx entry that hjt finds...hjtgives me an error when i check it and selct fix this....it basically says error......entry already exists....

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 07:49:40 am »
If you try to delete a system file in use (oledlg.dll in this case) using HJT, it will only be marked to be deleted on next reboot.
After reboot and succesfully deletion of the file, you still may need to remove the entry in hosts.

jimy

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 07:56:37 am »
i'm a novice really...any advice on how i the host entry???  the one hjt flagged?  since i can't get hjt to remove it

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 07:59:23 am »
You will need to manually remove it. It is located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.

you are looking for hosts. You will open it with notepad, then remove the WinMX entry. It should alow you to save, if not, I would access the administrator account on the computer from Hell's post on the 1st page.

jimy

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 08:10:10 am »
ok...will do all of this.  hopefully adfter al done, winmx will install properly and work!

jimy

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 08:37:27 am »
i am dog tired.  up all night last night.  now, 330 am....but...
you all ROCK

got in under admin...i removed the entry...the dll file was deleted,...

winmx is connected!

don't know how to thank u all...i learned quite a bit!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  PLEASE help...cannot get patch to work, DESPARATE

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx