gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 04:53:19 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  WinMx Radio
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WinMx Radio  (Read 18780 times)

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
WinMx Radio
« on: August 04, 2010, 08:50:38 pm »
Hi there
I've just noticed you have your own radio station... couldn't get it to play so guess it wasn't on air at the time
Any ways my question is what have you used to get it all going...as i do some dj ing and like your idea of letting
listeners chose which media player they want to use... that's a cool idea
At the moment i am using SAM and Spacial Audials....but its quite expensive to use (Spacial i mean)

Offline ']['affy

• Forum Member
Re: WinMx Radio
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 09:51:01 pm »
u can get the dsp plugin for winamp gypsy check out winamp site for download

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 10:05:48 pm »
Now youve lost me Taffy lol

Offline ']['affy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 07:07:23 am »
if your about sometime today i will go thru it with u, u found me on winmx last nite unfortunately  it was abit late for me to do anything so if your about leave me a pm and i'll help u out...

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 03:11:27 pm »
Hiya buddy
I poped in singles room but couldnt get ya
could you explain here please and do it as simple as poss lol
take care
nige aka gypsyroadhog
ive tried sending a message but cant get it to send

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 10:18:51 pm »
Okies then who set up the radio station and its page
Maybe they can advise me please  :thumbs:

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 05:12:24 am »
If you are talking about winmxradio.com then I am the one that set it up. The one on winmxworld.com was setup by Nylly i believe. They both go together though.

I am using Sam Broadcaster from Spacial Audio. You can download full versions with serials and cracks off torrent sites of from WinMX itself. I use Sam for the requests and dedications function. If you are not needing this function then the best thing for you would be to use Winamp with the JetCast plugin. You can also download the full JetCast from Spacial Audio, and it is free. Either one will work great. You will also need a streaming server. You can either download one and run it on your machine, or you can go to a third party site to host the server for you. I strongly suggest Shoutcast for now. You can download it from shoutcast.com. I am still working on experimenting with IceCast, so until I really dig into it, I cannot give a recommendation on it.

If you have any questions let me know and I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

P.S. The radio stream is down for maintenance. I am trying to get music organized, and with all this music it will take some time.

Offline ']['affy

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 10:30:34 am »
yeah i've had a word with him omega he's looking at using media player to broadcast,  i myself only use winamp with the dsp plugin, i've asked him to contact u when he found me on winmx.

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 02:01:34 pm »
Thanks for that Omega
Its your radio page layout i really meant
Giving the options for what player listeners want to use and dial up or broadband options
Could you let me know how you did that as its a very good idea

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 10:14:13 pm »
Well the player is not really an issue. When I was broadcasting with JetCast, a long time ago, every media player was able to connect to the stream. The links on the page will need to be different though, as some media players don't use the same file extensions.

Winamp example:
http:// yourwebsite.com:PORT/listen.pls

That is the playlist file that winamp will look for to play the stream. The port number, if set at default, will be 8000. You can always change it. When you click on the link it will open Winamp and start to play the file. I suggest not using Windows Media Player as there has been some problems with the streams opening correctly. Winamp would be the best one to use.

If you are using pictures then you can create a hyperlink within the picture that points to the playlist file. Most media players will use the .pls extension, and if they don't, Google will help you with figuring out what they are.

As for the dial-up and broadband choices, you will need to setup 2 streams that are playing the same thing. I would suggest using 24k for the dial-up stream, as I have noticed no problems with interruption. The broadband connection could be set much higher, but don't go too high. If you go too high, some people will have a hard time staying connected to it.

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 09:12:47 pm »
Cool i understand that thanks
How does your Request part work
Does it actually send a request to SAM.....Then the DJ must look for the song to add to playlist
I dont mean to come accross dim lol

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 08:08:55 pm »
I have been having problems with my request page, but this just started up.

What the request page will actually do is send the request straight to Sam, and Sam will automatically play the song when the current song is over. The Que must be empty and the requests have to be sent to the bottom of the Que to work correctly.

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 10:21:55 pm »
How will it all work mate ?
How will it send anything to SAM and play it ?
Sounds GREAT mind but cant for the life of me think how it will do it sorry.....and i am NOT being funny

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 06:26:08 pm »
The requests page is located in the Sam program files folder. It relies on playlists, php code and dll files to make it work. The php code reads the playlist file(s) and then builds the requests list from that. When a request is made the php code will send information to Sam telling it what song to play next.

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 10:25:40 pm »
Where abouts mate
ive looked and for the life of me cant find it......but i am sometimes a dim wit lol

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 03:58:15 am »
The folders that handle the requests are located in C:\Program Files\SpacialAudio. They are called samPHPweb and samHTMweb. One is using PHP coding and the other is using simple HTML.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  WinMx Radio

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx