gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 11:02:27 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  PC Aid Station  |  Information Exchange  |  Microsoft halts Update after blue-screen reports
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Microsoft halts Update after blue-screen reports  (Read 2680 times)

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
Microsoft halts Update after blue-screen reports
« on: February 16, 2010, 06:19:11 pm »
Microsoft has removed one group of patches it released as part of last week’s Patch Tuesday — MS10-015 (KB977165) – from its Windows Update service until it can investigate reports by some users that it is causing havoc with their PCs.
Microsoft provided an update on the Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) blog on February 11 about its actions, after a day of reports by users with problems, including some XP users claiming blue-screen-of-death (BSOD) issues seemingly resulting from application of the KB977165 patch.

Windows patch cripples XP with blue screen, users claim

Tuesday's security updates from Microsoft have crippled Windows XP PCs with the notorious Blue Screen of Death (BSOD), users have reported on the company's support forum.
Complaints began early yesterday, and gained momentum throughout the day.
"I updated 11 Windows XP updates today and restarted my PC like it asked me to," said a user identified as "tansenroy" who kicked off a growing support thread. "From then on, Windows cannot restart again! It is stopping at the blue screen with the following message: 'A problem has been detected and Windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.'"

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Microsoft halts Update after blue-screen reports
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 12:47:11 am »
http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/archive/2010/02/17/update-restart-issues-after-installing-ms10-015-and-the-alureon-rootkit.aspx

rootkit that expects the kernel to have specific memory layout ... not update ... that causes the problem....

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 11:11:20 pm »
Hmmm, dont know if connected but after I ran a series of updates, i couldnt get a start, system was blue-screening, but checking the BIOS showed that the BIOS had been changed to try to get my system to boot from a storage-only drive, and NOT the normal boot drive

Reconfigged the BIOS and all came good
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 10:02:03 am »
@Bluey; check the mobos battery.... sounds more of a case of dead cmos batt than a virus... (viruses that mess with the bios usually erase it... bricking the mobo.... not just juggle cmos settings around)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  PC Aid Station  |  Information Exchange  |  Microsoft halts Update after blue-screen reports

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx