gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76721 Posts in 13477 Topics by 1751 Members - Latest Member: LucBE1947 December 03, 2022, 09:36:06 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  timed out (waiting for network reply)...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: timed out (waiting for network reply)...  (Read 1193 times)

Offline circe801

• Forum Member
timed out (waiting for network reply)...
« on: March 07, 2010, 04:08:14 am »
i've been mx-ing since the turn of the century, but i've never had this problem till now.  i am a primary, and recently, the test on this site suggested i do an outgoing  bandwidth limit of 142g, while a fellow user suggested [prior to my noticing the test] 105g.  i'm pretty sure i had it way up higher than that initially.  this is the only thing i've changed before this timing out problem started.  what happened, and what do i do??

thanks, guys--you either always help me, or i [not too often] figure out a solution before you get the chance--you're usually quicker than i.  this time, i'm counting on you!!!

thanks--
circe801

Offline circe801

• Forum Member
Re: timed out (waiting for network reply)...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 04:26:30 am »
in order to make things easier for whoever can help, i realize i also changed the allocated bandwidth from 9/13.5 to the default of 7/10.5.  would this or any of the changes cause the prob?? if so, i'd love to understand why [if anyone cares to take the time]--or mention a link here if there is one. 

thanks for all--i appreciate!!
circe801

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 07:17:09 am »
hi,

since you allready added a change yourself, is there any chance you also changed the pending dload/uload time out settings?
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline circe801

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 05:02:11 pm »
thanks--no, that's set to default.  should i change it??

thanks again--
c

Offline circe801

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 05:07:57 pm »
seems to not have happened again since--wonder if it was just like a network glitch at that time or something...

but, if anyone has any general advice re: this, i would appreciate.

thanks--
c

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 09:27:47 pm »
thats always good news Circe, and no i would not change it, i must admit i think i have set to take alittle longer but there s no good point to do it in my opinion too

anyone correct me if i m wrong but this setting depends on both user settings, both the uploader and downloader, you may give yourself 2 minutes but if the other partty .... catch where im going?  :crazy:

you might just had a bad day ... wait and see  :)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  timed out (waiting for network reply)...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2022 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.017 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx