gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 30, 2024, 06:23:55 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Still Not Connected? Tried Everything?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Still Not Connected? Tried Everything?  (Read 11367 times)

Anonymous

Still Not Connected? Tried Everything?
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2005, 12:00:39 pm »
Quote from: Me Here
Usually this is a secondary issue, and not as likely to happen on primary.  Its also a known bug in the WinMX Version 3.35, but luckily was fixed in Version 3.54 beta 4 which you have.

The patch wont have an effect on keeping your connections stable, so the change may not have been the patch but instead the version your using.  If you had version 3.53 before the install of the 1.9 patch you might try that again.

You can easily change your WinMX back to version 3.53 by downloading this file:
httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/WinMX/WinMx%20Releases/winmx353.exe

When you get this file just place it into your C:\Program Files\WinMX Folder and let it replace the WinMX.exe file that is there now.
Your patch will work fine with either version.

Also if its possible for you to get a primary connection that might also help.

I hope this helps one or both of your with this problem.. please let me know...

Many thanks for your answer.

I'm trying your suggestion, but at the time it makes no difference.

I hope in a new release soon, because the most of secondary connection have the same problem (bad band and frequent crashing band) and got used to that but is really frustrating to share in that way.

In meanwhile many thanks and greetings.

Freccia

up
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2005, 12:02:45 pm »
It was me.
:wink:

Hawkmoon_Elf_Mage

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2005, 11:22:53 pm »
tried your 1.9 patch but will be going back to pie as although everyone can d/l from me I can't connect to anyone else to d/l myself rather defeats the object of running p2p and also thanks for not informing us at the start that 1.9 would wipe out existing settings inc the room links

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2005, 11:59:36 pm »
Hi Hawkmoon_Elf_Mage,
Welcome to the site.

Sorry for your troubles your having, normally the patch installation shouldnt have effected your Settings.dat file that the information you lost is stored in, so my apologies for this incident.

Downloads and uploads are not effected by either patch and if you find that your having the same troubles when you reinstall the Pie patch be sure to check that your WinMX settings hadnt changed and blocked your downloads in some way.  Or that because the WinMX.exe file has been changed that your firewall didnt block it, incase of program hijacking.  If you need any help with those settings just let us know.

I totally respect your right to decided to go back to the hosts file fix, but if you dont mind me asking are your regular program files on a default drive C:?

The patch is a installation also of WinMX and it may be that it installed a new copy of the WinMX program and this is why your settings seemed to be gone.  Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience this caused you and if we can help you with anything WinMX related just let us know.

Also I want to add that if your on a primary and on the hosts file fix (pie) dont for get to have a look here for learning how to keep the RIAA off our networks

Keeping the RIAA off our Networks

Exar Kun

WinMX Connection Issues
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2005, 03:59:18 am »
Please excuse me if I am posting in thr wrong forum-- I used WinMX for the past couple of years, but never really paid attention to my connection type...I use AOL as my ISP, and use a 56k modem (win98SE). Do I make a primary or secondary connection to the network?
Thanx in advance.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2005, 04:05:21 am »
On 56 K you make a secondary.. in fact winmx should disable the option to make a primary, as the network traffic would use so much of your bandwith you couldn't do anything
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

dragon

winmx crash
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2005, 02:39:37 am »
Hi, I am having the same problem with msn 7.5 and WINMX.
I am running a wirelass router linksys and a cable modem. I can connect primanry, seconday just fine but my winmx crashes constantanly. Seems to do it more with msn 7.5 running. here is the error report

AppName: winmx.exe    AppVer: 3.5.4.0    ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180    Offset: 00011e58

it causes stack dumps and wants to send error report to microsoft. I  host a room with no problems and are getting all 3 connections so I know everything is working fine. The one thing I notice is the screen contantly flickers and sticks in places at times b4 it crashes. Any help would be appreacated.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2005, 10:18:33 pm »
If your WinMX has started crashing please have a look at these two posts:

https://forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?p=6920#6920

https://forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=1185

Rottielover

errors
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2005, 11:15:48 pm »
running win. xp with sp2 and all available updates. using comcast broadband with motorolla cable modem. have reinstalled fresh operating system. have reinstalled winmx and patch.can start winmx and make good primary connection but after 1 or 2 minutes winmx encounters a problem and shuts down. have tried all suggestions i read so far. no help. tried running peer guardian 2 before and after starting win mx.nadda. started encountering this problem 2 days ago. big time stumped. any help would be appreciated

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2005, 11:54:07 pm »
Rottielover,

If you dont mind following the above links I gave and post your information there in answer to the ?s there.  We need this information inorder to find the problem but honestly searching the forums for everyones info is very time consuming.  If you can help us keep it in that thread so its easily accessed thanks so much..

rottielover

unknown fix
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2005, 03:19:31 am »
hey now, sorry for posting in wrong area,  not to hip with this forum stuff. for unknown reasons winmx started working again this afternoon. i did absolutly nothing to make it work after posting here. i was actually trying to get version number when i noticed it wasn't crashing anymore. Strange things are afoot. thanks for your time

danitza

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2005, 11:53:40 pm »
"...Let me know how this went for you"
Thanks Supervisor - you made winmx alive again  :D

kakumei

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2005, 09:40:05 pm »
hi, I followed every single step in the first post and I can't get WinMX to start. I click on the button and nothing happens so I don't even know if the patch works.

I am on WindowsXP, I use IE but netscape is also on this computer, and I have norton antivirus/firewall. hopefully that was all of the information you needed.

thank you for anyhelp, I miss using WinMX ^_^

kakumei

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2005, 05:01:36 am »
never mind about my last post, I think I figured out the problem and everything seems to be working great now.

thank you so much for this topic! ^_________^

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2005, 12:02:24 pm »
:D   Let us know if you have any other problems ..

Free WINMX

For Norton Antivirus Users
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2005, 02:21:37 am »
If you run Norton Anti-Virus software, and have Norton Peronal Firewall running also, remember to configure the Norton Firewall accordingly.  I have always had Windows XP firewall disabled, as I have a hardware firewall also.  I tried and tried, and could not get WinMX to connect, until I found a note on this site advising to check Norton settings too.  I did, and sure enough, Nortion Personal Firewall was running (I upgraded Norton software recently, and did not even know this Norton firewall was running).  I disabled the Norton Firewall altogether, and now WinMX works like a charm.  As I said, I have a hardware firewall and don't need the software firewalls.  So unless you have the same, be careful on how you configure Windows XP Firewall and/or Norton Personal Firewall -- you don't want to disable it completely and leave your self open.  Follow the guidelines on this site to configure the software firewall to work with WinMX.  Thanks WinMX World!  :D

Offline BJ

• Forum Member
connections don't work
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2005, 04:58:39 am »
I am  a long time user of WinMx. But since downloading all the pies, new versions, and followed  your instructions to the 't' and nothing better, now it doesn't even connect at all.  
I FEEL LIKE IV'E BEEN GOING IN COMPLETE CIRCLES FOR WEEKS NOW.

Before downloads would pretty much just timeout....very few dowloads worked?  

COME on can someone help me.  I love WINMX!!!  and WANT IT BACK!

Thankyou

frank7017

reconnect
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2006, 07:33:22 pm »
My screen says patch operational but i can still not connect. If someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

ilovegospelmusic

been trying ti connect again
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2006, 10:33:27 pm »
thank u so much for your help. i finally got connected.

Scorpz

winmx connection issues
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2006, 01:19:42 am »
OK, I've done all the necessary steps you provided, MeHere, and it appears that all is done properly, currently P=5,S=1, which shows some promise, no?
However, I'm still getting user downloads that time out, so far nobody has been able to download from me and I've disabled the firewall (even tho winmx is listed as an exception), done the whole port forwarding thing, now I'm getting frustrated.....Any other suggestions???

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Still Not Connected? Tried Everything?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx