gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 03:02:35 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  FX Server
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: FX Server  (Read 8660 times)

Offline Blitzen

• Forum Member
FX Server
« on: June 12, 2010, 02:54:27 pm »

Just a heads up for anyone who runs FX Server 1.3.9: If you install microsoft security Essentials it removes FX Server as a virus called    VirTool:win32.obfuscator.AU

VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator are detections for programs that have had their purpose obfuscated to hinder analysis or  detection by anti-virus scanners. They commonly employ a combination of methods including encryption, compression, anti-debugging and anti-emulation techniques.

These obfuscation techniques are used on various kinds of malware. The malware that lies "underneath" may have virtually any purpose. Hence, there are no obvious symptoms that indicate the presence of this malware on an affected machine.
http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Threat/Encyclopedia/Entry.aspx?name=VirTool%3aWin32%2fObfuscator.AU&threatid=2147606369

Most likely nothing in it and maybe a false positive but non the less thought it was worth a heads up for any rooms hosts thinking of using microsoft security essentials, i believe there was once a similar problem with AVG antivirus flagging FX Server as a virus before to.

Offline Blitzen

• Forum Member
Re: FX Server
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 03:01:37 pm »

Worth noting Microsoft Security Essentials only flags versions 1.3.8  and 1.3.9 as being a virus  previous versions and the last version 1.3.10 beta 11  in the archive on this site do not get flagged.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 05:06:21 pm »
Yes both AVG & Avast did spot FX as a nastie at one stage,
i did notice zone alarm firewall allowed fx 1.3.9 but it didnt like 1.3.10 and would block it as malicious.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Zeke

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 01:31:06 pm »
 i've tried trend micro 2010, bitdeffender 2010 , kasperysky 2010 , and all the same picks up all versions of server any idea on what to use ?

Zeke

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 01:40:40 pm »
ohh and yes i got the server from winmxworld.com just don't knows what to do i add fx server to exclutions and still seems to pick it up ..

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 01:51:21 pm »
well there are sevreal servers around, FX is the easiest,
but saying that, if you start using WCS you'll realise they are similar, WCS is alot more stable than FX
personally i use RSWCS, its similar to WCS,
there is also EServ, thats Eagle's server, as used by WinMxWorld Help room,
EServ its based on WinMx 3.54 with power levels rather than access letters of FX,
theres Ouka, i admit i dont know much about Ouka, only that it uses the old RCMS commands

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Zeke

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 02:06:37 pm »
so really than i have to change servers (: that's to bad well thx for the reply Max  cheers :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  FX Server

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx