gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 11:46:21 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  The pc is here to stay .... here is why
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The pc is here to stay .... here is why  (Read 806 times)

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
The pc is here to stay .... here is why
« on: July 07, 2010, 03:38:15 pm »
http://infoworld.com/d/hardware/10-reasons-why-the-pc-here-stay-889?page=0,0

The PC as you know it is obsolete. So sayeth Apple CEO Steve Jobs, who took the stage at the Wall Street Journal's D8 conference in June to talk about what he sees as the coming "post-PC era."

"When we were an agrarian nation, all cars were trucks," Jobs explained. "But as people moved more toward urban centers, people started to get into cars. I think PCs are going to be like trucks. Less people will need them." What they will want instead, according to Jobs, are iPads -- and devices like them -- which do away with traditional desktop PC metaphors in favor of more intuitive, touch-based experiences.

[ Will the launch of the iPad ultimately be perceived as one of the top turning points in tech history or as one of tech's all-time flops? | Test your knowledge of the house that Jobs built with InfoWorld's Apple IQ Test. ]
Off the Record submissions

Depending on whom you ask, the iPad will save journalism, rescue the book publishing business, transform the movie industry, change the way we communicate, and make the perfect omelet. But there are plenty of reasons to suspect that at least some of these predictions will prove overly optimistic. Even more dubious is the idea that the iPad signals a true sea change in computing. Here are 10 reasons why we think the rumors of the PC's death may be greatly exaggerated.

1. Tablet computing: Déjà vu all over again
"People laugh at me when I say [the iPad] is magical," Steve Jobs told the audience at the D8 conference. Should he be surprised? While Jobs might see Apple's latest product as revolutionary, to others it's just history repeating itself.

Quiet a long article it is best if you read it yourself... I have added a small sample....
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: The pc is here to stay .... here is why
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 04:49:10 pm »
VNC client on the ipad (connected to a real computer) seems to be the most popular use... at least among the geeky kind that have the money to spend on these.... um..... devices...

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 01:50:52 pm »
bet i can throw a book (Large and heavy) at Steve jobs and knock some sense into him, without harming the book too much

Cant imagine doing that with an ipad...

it would be one hella expensive throw, what?
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 02:58:17 pm »
I have yet to come across anything made by apple which is good. Some will argue that the ipod is good, i would counter argue that i have an excellent mp3 player that was about the 10th the price of an ipod and is WAY less hassle to use.

Just because something is popular world wide, does not make it good, it just makes it popular.

The ipad is a complete waste of money, less functional and practical than a laptop, and in many cases, more expensive.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 07:18:24 pm »
@nobby; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_IIGS (first and last thing to come out of apple that was actually impressive... tho still not really worth the money when compared to other systems of the time such as the amiga)

http://bash.org/?918519

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 10:32:04 pm »
tho still not really worth the money when compared to other systems of the time such as the amiga)

And thats the point, i had the Amiga :D

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  The pc is here to stay .... here is why

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx