gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 01:27:51 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  uploading
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: uploading  (Read 2459 times)

Offline geordief

• Forum Member
uploading
« on: July 14, 2010, 11:21:49 am »
It is ages since I used this program so I am  out of touch.
But I can see a few users trying unsuccessfully to share from my library.
Is it something to do with  the outgoing tcp connection that is fouling things up?

Going into options I can see that connect directly is selected.
If I change it to using proxies I am supposed to fill in fields  which look a bit technical (ip addessses and so forth)

Can I just select one of the proxy options  without filling out those fields?
If I leave it to connect directly , doese that make it harder to share?
Is there anything else that is preventing others from sharing my liibrary?

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: uploading
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 12:03:19 pm »
WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE --- realtime help channel

https://www.winmxworld.com/help/troubleshooting-guide.html --- self-serve troubleshooting

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 01:09:35 pm »

Is there anything else that is preventing others from sharing my liibrary?

Umm, are you using Windows, and if so, what flavour?

Vista and Win7 have a few habits that need to be adjusted for...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

gary 624

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 01:44:59 pm »
its windows xp pro.
I have got a good broadband connection but the program won't allow me to use a primary connection .My ISP  is lightnet.ie and I think it is Wimax but in any case it is a wireless transmission and very good.
When I download files  the result is not bad (better than when I had dialup) but I notice that when other users try to copy my files  they get timed out or there is  some kind of an error message.
I have now changed the settings on incoming TCP connection to *listen on port-6699* from  unable to accept incoming TCP connections* even though I am not sure how relevant that is as I  think it may be outgoing TCP connections that is the problem.
In that section I have the  *don't use a proxy server * buton ticked (with a connection timeout of 25 seconds

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 01:30:42 am »
i think you need to check your firewalls gary, try removing them from the one you use and also check windows firewall (winmx off before removing the exeptions from firewall) ...if windows firewall happens to be on and you use another wall ..switch off windows firewall

if you go for a primary connection you ll need to setup a static ip and also open ports on your router, you can walk throught the steps here http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm , just pick your router from the list and then winmx and follow the steps

if you go for a secondary connection ( unable to accept incoming TCP connections ) you can skip portforward.com steps

now switch on winmx and the firewall should ask if you permit winmx to connect

that should do the trick i think ;)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline geordief

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 12:18:22 pm »
thanks
I only saw your reply  a while back so I am just following your instructions now.
But  I don't think it makes any difference.I have just got the Windows firewall in place (no other firewialls) and it already  lists WinMx as an exception .
As WinMX only allows me to make a secondary connection  then opening ports  and setting up a static IP is irrelevant  , isn't it?

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 12:54:35 pm »
Correct. The only port you need to forward for WinMX when in secondary is the tcp port so people can connect and download from you.  However if you have allowed WinMX through your firewall and no one still can connect you will need to go into your router and manually forward the ports.  What router model do you have?

Offline geordief

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 01:29:07 pm »
I think it is this
VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter

not sure to be honest what a router is as I thought the router was the thing I bought to create the wifi system I have in the house.(it isn't connected at the present  but it just fits between the incoming  signal from my ISP( that comes in the same way as the satellite signal on my tv)  and the back of the pc - i have to unplug te aerial from the back of the pc first ,plug it into this thing I call the wireless router and then connect this same wireless router to the back of the same pc.

So when you say router I am hoping that means the  adapter that was installed when the ISP  first provided me with the internet connection (up to then it was a dialup modem but this new (I have had it for 3 years now) system was broadband..
So when I look in Network Connections it lists this LAN network as my internet connection and says I connect via this VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter
i am suspicious that my ISP  may be interfering with file downloads as it can be so difficult  but  also think that it could be my own machine that may be ncorrectly configured

Offline geordief

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 01:38:49 pm »
edit
ps I tried removing the exception to WinMX in the windowsXP Firewall .When I restarted WinMX   I wasn't asked if I wanted to make a (new) exception for winMX. Could this be significant? Should I have rebooted?

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 09:05:25 am »
no usually the new settings would take a short while to kick in (sort of safety net)

i ld go back in to check if all winmx is really deleted in the wall, again make sure winmx is not running when you change/remove winmx exceptions, wait 1 or 2 minutes and fire up winmx

to see where all winmx rules can be in the firewall have a look at this :
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewalls-xp-sp2.html

if all else fails you can add it manually but it should ask automaticly

btw.. to make sure the firewall is the cause of your problem you can also try to temporary switch it off and see what happens (again ..1 or 2 minutes waiting to take effect)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 09:25:44 am »
When adding a rule to Windows firewall, you need to add two, one for TCP and another for UDP,
it doesnt matter if you only on secondary, both ports need to be open.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline geordief

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2010, 01:45:04 pm »
I can see there are 6 ports listed as exceptions.

Does this mean that at leat one of them should be changed to  UDP   while the other 5 can just be left ticked TCP as they are already?

Also if I have a good broadband conection and WinMX i s only allowing me to make a secondary connection , is that a clear indication that my ISP is throttling  my transfers?

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2010, 05:29:05 pm »
you definitely need to change one setting to UDP,
in winmx settings, the dafault is TCP 6699 & UDP 6257,
your firewall should have them the same as your winmx, or it wont connect correctly,
that maybe why you cant make primary connection, but im unsure if your ISP is throttling you at this time.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline geordief

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2010, 06:41:54 pm »
Well these are the ports that I already have listed in the Firewall Exceptions.

18863   22335   23053    29865    32926  and   5585

Do you think I  should add TCP 6699 & UDP 6257 as you suggest?
Would those existing ports be asscociated with other programs that are listed in the Firewall  Exceptions  and I  wouldn't need to tamper with them at all?
by the  way I did succeed in removing and restarting WinMX so as to get the Firewall to ask me to unbllock  the program
It seems to be working a bit better now but I still haven't noticed any successful uploads yet.

Offline geordief

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2010, 11:20:22 am »
SOLVED!
It  seems to have been a caes of ticking the bottom radio button in  Settings>Internet Connection>Incoming TCP Connections which reads *Unable to accept incoming TCP Connections.
And the corrsponding button for in/out UDP Packets
Gobbledegook to me but now i and my conscience has been appeased for now....

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  uploading

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx