gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 06:27:29 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Man arrested for BitTorrent file sharing in Japan
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Man arrested for BitTorrent file sharing in Japan  (Read 595 times)

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
Man arrested for BitTorrent file sharing in Japan
« on: July 21, 2010, 03:58:33 am »
A 31-year old unemployed man was arrested by police in Japan on July 20th for illegal transmission of TV programs over the controversial file sharing software BitTorrent.

According to Japanese news reports, under the support of the Metropolitan Police Department’s cyber crime division, investigators arrested Shuichiro Tanaka in Saitama Prefecture, north of Tokyo, on suspicion of uploading and sharing TV shows.

Police indicated that from June 4th to June 9th, Tanaka is believed to have recorded three programs on his computer, and then to have shared them via BitTorrent to an unspecified number of users. In addition, between mid-February and July of this year, the suspect is believed to have shared approximately 165 shows, largely Japanese variety programs such as “Waratte Iitomo” and “Genius! Shimura Zoo.”

Tanaka told investigators, “I did it for people who missed the programs. Because there is a potential for viruses on Winny [another popular Japanese peer-to-peer file sharing program] and others, I used BitTorrent, which I heard police weren’t investigating,” according to a report from the Mainichi.

Police added that the arrest was a first for Japan relating to BitTorrent use.
examiner.com

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Man arrested for BitTorrent file sharing in Japan

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx