gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 30, 2024, 08:16:00 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Still Not Connected? Tried Everything?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Still Not Connected? Tried Everything?  (Read 11369 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Still Not Connected? Tried Everything?
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2006, 11:45:10 am »
Scorpz,
Tell me a bit more about your set up if you dont mind.

This sounds like a port problem or even an ISP one, rather then a winmx connection one.

What did you forward your ports in?
Who is your ISP?
What ports do you use for mx?
What firewalls and antivirus do you use?
What version of WinMX and are you using any other programs with it ie: Bendmx, RCMS, Peer Guardian, etc...
Are you primary or secondary?

Post to me soon..

Offline richardwagner

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2006, 01:18:59 am »
The problem came back and I got so fed up that say good bye to winmx, I have other things to do.

I changed the firewall to that of my ISP Atlantic Broadband, a sity one but work and I have back Winmx running, also Skype, and MS Mesenger, also Bear Share (very Bare and slow), and limewire (now is flooded by files with a license that place a lot of crapware in your PC)

OFdf all the most powerful was winmx, even though t could take many of the best of the others.

I went to the MS site and they were fixing the problem the have wth SP3 and p2p, also in the bearshare site ther is a fix that let you change your simultaneous connections to 50, instead of the 10 you get with sp2.

Still, I can connect but teceive no secondaries and searches render nothing, whenever is a connection (mostly with open nap) I only get timeouts.

The only thing I get is opening a channel as a primary sof net trafic to go, but no benefit for me.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2006, 04:05:19 am »
Richard this is a port problem somewhere,

My advice if you cant find where the ports are blocked is to run as secondary.  If its set up right you can set your Incoming TCP to Unable .. and your IN/OUT UDP to Unable.. start as secondary and you should get decsent speeds.

who me254

winmx crashing
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2006, 10:46:18 pm »
like other pple, have tried everything, keeps crashing at various times, could be ten mins or ten hrs, whats going on, never had these probs before.

willx

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2006, 12:59:02 am »
I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but I had winMX working perfectly with the piepatch up till about a week or so ago, I had port-forwarded and even DMZ'd myself to make things simpler and things were working fine.  

I got a stable primary connection, was able to download and upload fine.

Then today, everytime I tried to connect, I would get about 6 or 7 primary connections, and no secondaries, and it would stop, and I would lose all my connections.  I could see users queue downloads off me, but they would all timeout and all my searches would not return anything.

Very strange, so I uninstalled the piepatch and installed your newest version of 3.54 beta and I'm still having the same problems.  I was just curious if any new "event" had occured to cause the problem.

willx

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2006, 01:33:28 am »
oops.. can you please delete my above message?

I messed up, I was fiddling with my router the other day, and that caused me to actually switch the plug where I connected to my router..

I basically screwed up my own portforwarding.. heh.. oops
Couldn't find an edit button

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2006, 06:35:39 am »
Who Me,

Have you made any new installations of microsoft updates lately?

My suggestion is to
1) make sure the patch your using is the latest one 2.2 from www.winmxgroup.com    
If your message at the top says 'Update Available'  please grab that.
2) If you already had the lastest 2.2 its possible that updates or other things have caused it problems so try re-installing the patch please.

Also the 3.54 version of the patch is not compatible with IE7 keep that in mind also incase you recently installed that.

Willx,

Reading your posts I am wondering if they wouldnt be better left.  Remember many many users visit this site daily and never post.  Part of the reason is they read others posts and problems and fix thier own with the same advice given.  It could be useful for someone else and I would rather not delete it.

If your just set on removing it I will do so as per your wish, but just asking you to consider leaving it for reference .

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
Re: Still Not Connected? Tried Everything?
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2006, 12:17:53 am »
when is someone going to clone winmx? KM could do that if he didn't waste all his time at his job to get money to buy more chocolate
- Josh

mbond121

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2006, 09:08:21 am »
hi, can any1 one help? i'm trying to conncet but new to this and confussed,
lokked at all the set up advice then went to port forward.com but couldn't find my router so stick now please help
im on windows 98se
running winmx 3.53
on a bt voyager 210

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2006, 01:03:06 pm »
Usually a router/dsl modem will not keep you from connecting to the WPN itself (meaning the yellow light on Networks page turns Green)

So could you be a bit more specific about whats not connecting? Uploads? Downloads? Searches? The yellow light keeps blinking?
Have you gotten a patch from here:  www.winmxgroup.com  and installed it?

mbond121

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2006, 08:24:18 am »
minmx is not connecting yellow light just keeps on flashing

mbond121

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2006, 08:24:53 am »
sorry winmx

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2006, 09:24:30 am »
Make sure you install the patch from here Mbond,

www.winmxgroup.com/

Make a full installation for your operating system.
Then restart WinMx.

Let me know what happens next for you.  If you still dont connect dont worry we will get ya connected, I have a 100% success rate  :wink:

Will

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2006, 08:04:47 am »
Tried all of the instructions, it also says "Patch operational" on my screen. Sill won't connect. I give up now I think...

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2006, 10:34:01 am »
Be sure Will you have tried these steps.. they are the ones most important if your just not able to get the yellow light to go...

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=970.msg5587#msg5587

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Still Not Connected? Tried Everything?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx