gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 20, 2024, 07:30:39 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Network Degradation
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Network Degradation  (Read 5450 times)

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
Re: Network Degradation
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2006, 08:29:08 am »
 I 100% Agree  GhostShip
Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2006, 08:53:55 am »
(chuck) You make it sound like people want to block pie just because of the people that use it.
And not for the reason they are couseing the flooding .
You may want to reread your first post.

I believe that we must give them a chance to change. I know you want to block them because they are unintentionally flooding. In more ways than one, you are correct. But cutting them, I feel, off is not the correct option.
Think about it this way... We all know that burning fuel pollutes the environment. But is that a reason to scrap all the cars in the world?
Yes I want to stop them from flooding. I see that the best way to do that is ask them to change patches. Not put them in blocklists. The reason being that there are so many of them. Again I say, that you can kick the stubborn ones out. No probs with that.
SAM Ive talked to alot of people that use the pie patch. They all say they found it in the v44 room and were told that if they used the DILL that km made winmx would be closed , that it was against the law, that pie was the only way to go. They are told not to trust KM in any way. Sam you act like people on mx have never heard of the DILL some may not but more have than have not.

All these were lies told to them we need to convince them to change. Just tell them,"Give it a go. If you are unhappy, then go back to pie."Some will listen some won't. If they don't then they need to go<<<< that is not something I am saying no to.
This statement of your is undoubtedly true and shows that they are reluctant to change as they fear km and the WMW patch. Blocking them for that, I feel, will only re-enforce that fear and distrust.

You seam to have allready made up your mind on not blocking the pie host files so why did you even start these two threads? Its what is going to have to be done or we just need to move on and forget about a clean MX and run the pie patch. The drama is getting old.

I am opposed to blocking the patch as it will adversely affect the users.
I might have made up my mind, But I have not removed the thought or the possibility that the side on which I am might be wrong. If it is, then I shall say, "I was wrong." <<< You can have my word on that.
By the way, those caps were not for shouting , but were for emphasis. Sorry if you thought I was shouting lol. Yea I know it must have seemed like that. Sorry for that, will not use them again like that.

surgical slice of the bleed in the main WPN body
I am afraid it might be it's last. Or atleast, a big one. That is why I say no.

With all your other points, I agree with them too ghostship.
Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2006, 09:08:06 am »
Let me make my fears clear... mabye that will clear up things a bit too.:

1.> I think that this might lead to a ugly fight with pie.
2.> I think that many innocent users will be affected with blocking
3.> I feel, will only re-enforce that fear and distrust among those who are afraid of KM. And will further damage things. And that this may boost pie users even more.
4.> I feel, that this may lead to a mini september 21 again..
5.> It is , I feel, not correct to block someone without telling them for what one has blocked them for.
6.> It might create new ammunition for pie. Who I feel have been waiting for a long time for winmxgroup to take this move.

2, 3, 5 and 6 are my main worries. Not so much as 1 and 4 (but which still is of concern to me)

These are my worries summed up in one post. If they are wrong then I shall accept, happily and willingly without fuss, that I was wrong.

*Edit(sam) typo
Patch link :

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2006, 05:47:29 pm »
As I made clear I am no longer concerned with what pie say or do , their record of supporting WPN damage is very public and something they are proud of.

Let pie claim anything they want, the facts show who connected all those flooders and who makes cash off of the users, I am quite willing always to do whats necessary if its the right thing to do.

We do not live in a community where every action taken can fit all users ideals, there is no point pretending we do, but by the exercise of our combined knowledge we are able in most cases to find a path through the troubles, I am sure thats what will take place here once again.

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2006, 06:06:59 pm »
Its allways been a fight with pie from week one. The only help they gave a dill user was uninstall it and run their host file. Ive seen all the admins here  help people to connect to the wpn with the dill and if for some reason the user could not they were told about the pie host file just to get them connected. You never see that with pie. So as for a fight id just as soon see it over for good. and the only way to do that is not to have pie on the network.

If mx is going to grow its going to have to stop or at the verry lest slow down the fake files.We all see now pie does not care about helping do that they are happy as it is.

No matter how many people you tell ,no matter how many web pages you post the dill on ,there will be people that dont know.We can wait and loose more people on the network and then try a change and may be we can keep mx up and running. But i truly think that it would be better to do it befor we loose any more people to the fake file flooding. The more people on the network at the time of the change the better the chance fo it to suceed.

As far is i understand this if we block the pie host file it will not stop pie from connecting to mx, nore will it stop them from running a chat room.

All it will do is the dill users will never see them or search them. So as long as pie has a server pie will not loose mx. Then it comes down to what do people want  no fake files or fake files.

The reason mx is still here is becouse of people that said that they were going no where when the took the mx server off line. The reason ive heard from those people that have left mx is fake files and the fighting between pie and the dill. granted more for the fake files .

We all agree people are leaveing mx now, and  pie is connecting now. So looseing people and pie go together.  My worries are if we wait as sam and a few others want we will not have a reason to change any more the users that are tired of the fakes will be gone.

worse case is we do it and dont like it and we have to add pie's ip back in to the connection.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2006, 07:39:56 pm »
This argument is endless I guess. Well, I think it is best that it is tried out for some time and let the results speak.
I just realised something that does make things a lot more better. Ip's are also removed from the block list...I guess that once the user stops flooding, then I surely someone will remove the IP... Yea, that ain't so bad after all...
That does remove all my worries as well ;)
Cheers chuck.... mabye I guess you were right along. I guess I was wrong after all.

Patch link :

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2006, 08:16:47 pm »
Sam i think we were both right.

All we want is a better mx for the user.

Cheers ;)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Network Degradation

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx