gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 10:23:35 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Finding network connections
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Finding network connections  (Read 5154 times)

Offline Mancala

• Forum Member
Finding network connections
« on: December 04, 2010, 08:18:27 am »
Hi,

Winmx worked perfect for me, until last month.  I installed the WinMX 3.54b4 patch from winmxworld again.  The WinMX 3.54b4 installs perfect!  I have 0 trouble with the ports!

After WinMX 3.54b4 is installed I get this:

Please wait before doing any searching or downloading ...

And the box just stays yellow and does not turn green and it did last month?

Please help me anyone!  Winmx is my favorite program!  Please help!

Thanks so much!  I really appreciate it!

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
Re: Finding network connections
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 08:36:50 am »
Hi Mancala

Can you please tell me what operating system you are running? Also what firewall you are using?

This will assist us in helping you.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 10:30:52 am »
After WinMX 3.54b4 is installed I get this:

Please wait before doing any searching or downloading ...

And the box just stays yellow
And it should say MERRY CHIRSTMAS!!!! (just kidding)

My Site is still pretty empty and under construction (will it ever end?¿?) but ...recently i've installed a nice port check tool (thanks to Piney) in my site wich may help people to do some port checkups it could be a good idea to try, you don't have to register to be able to use it (not yet anyway ..if it uses too much resources for the site this may change! ) it would be nice to register and say thanks or something though hehehehe

you can find the tool in a block at the left side of the portal page / the link to the site is in my sig below  :)

Maybe your IP is not set to static and changes or maybe you need to remove winmx firewall exeptions ( while winmx is closed) then restart mx and see if the firewall aks for winmx permission again

I hope this helps, greetings,
...Joshua203
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Mancala

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 08:29:28 pm »
Hi,

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALSO!!!!!!!!!! That would be nice then at least I would get the green box!  J/k

I have Win7.

I shut my windows firewall down and I put my router on the dmz, when I run winmx, which worked perfect till last month then all the sudden nothing?  My router is on a PPPoE.

I have installed several mp3 edit software, web browsers, capture programs, updaters, bookmark software, which I have uninstalled, however, maybe one of those did something to make winmx not work?  grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also uninstalled winmx and deleted winmx from the registry and reinstall WinMX 3.54b4 patch from winmxworld and still nothing?

I joined exofire.

I tried the PortChecker:

TCP: This Port is Open!
and WinMX Responds Correct!

UDP: This Port is Closed!
or WinMX/Client is Not Running Primary!

I have trouble though because it is randomly changing?  Last time I checked it told me they where both closed.

The ports I am trying are TCP: 6699, UDP: 6257.  I even tried to put both those on "unable" and still yellow box and no green?   :no:

Thanks so much for helping me!  Let me know if more information is needed and what to try also, short of reformatting my computer, although, maybe that would be easier and I have not reformatted my computer for like 8 month either, however,  I am not sure if that will fix it either?  Thank you!

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 08:56:21 pm »
well on the test result you just gave ... a fast fix shlould be switch to a secondary connection, that shlould work because TCP is open

if you have no protectiion software running that could be blocking your UDP the problem should be in one of these two:

- your IP is not set to static and changed ..wich would mean if you opened ports coorectly to an IP and the IP changes the post is now open to the wrong IP

- or the ports are just not correctly opened at all

what is the brand and type of your router?

what's the result if you switch to secondairy (below the yellow blinker), does it connect then?
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 08:58:24 pm »
ooooh and dont do anything drastic ... this will probably not fix anything at all for winmx so it would be a waste of time

Offline Mancala

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 10:30:21 pm »
Hi,

I checked again:

TCP: This Port is Closed!
(Or WinMX is Not Running!)

UDP: This Port is Closed!
or WinMX/Client is Not Running Primary!

I am confused because I have not done anything between now, now they are both closed, it is randomaly changing?

I am switched to secondary because it randomly changes even before I used PortChecker, only sometimes does it switch to primary and even when it does switch, it does not work.  Is there something inside my computer maybe that is making it change so much?

Since I am not a static IP, I keep on checking this pc IP to make sure I get the DMZ on the correct number for this computer because it does change.

I have a older router Wireless-G Broadband Router with SpeedBooster   WRT54GS  Linksys.

I have never had this trouble before even when I first got windows 7 connect right away and I still have the same stuff I used now and then.  I use avg for virus which I have always used and never had any trouble from it either.

Thanks so much!  Have a great one!

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 10:52:11 pm »
i agree that it 's strange that it changes so frequent but lets just forget this for now because i think/hope the next manual will help you out.. if it does n t we ll get back into the whole story of your previous post ;)

please go to this address:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WRT54GS/WinMX.htm

this should be the right step by step manual for setting up winmx ports for primary connection on your router, please walk through it step by step

*verry important in this is setting up the STATIC IP, please also follow these instructions step by step to do that:

http://portforward.com/networking/static-win7.htm

I hope this will solve it all for you ;)

Offline Mancala

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 03:24:58 am »
Hi,

It hates me!

I have tried that already also I usually do open ports manually, I just put myself on the DMZ, however, since I have been having I have tried to manually open ports instead of the DMZ and neither are working?

For the static IP ever time I try to switch to static IP my Internet stops, so I must be doing something wrong?

Thanks so much!  Sorry about the trouble.  :no:

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 03:27:58 am »
What about DMZ and forwarding ports manually? I have to do that with my router. Also delete the firewall rule and restart the program to add a fresh rule.

Offline Mancala

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 03:46:38 am »
I have tried both and before they worked great!  Now all the sudden nothing since last month!

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 03:59:06 am »
When was the last time your firmware updated? Also, have you tried changing port numbers?

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 08:34:08 am »
For the static IP ever time I try to switch to static IP my Internet stops, so I must be doing something wrong?

yes i think so and on this manual link it says at the bottom:
If you find that you can not pull up webpages, the problem is most likely the dns numbers you entered. Give your ISP a call, and they will be able to tell you which dns servers to use. This is a question they answer all of the time. They will be able to tell you what you should use right away.

but you may also try and type the little dos window's info here so we can see and tell you what to put where ;)

what Stevi says ..removing the firewall rules is a good thing too .. i saved that for a later stage

if this keeps failing don t worry or panic ..i still have a third method we can try;)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Finding network connections

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx