gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 08:58:13 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Room List Flooding
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Room List Flooding  (Read 10317 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
Room List Flooding
« on: March 03, 2011, 12:18:39 pm »
For Information:

As many of you will be aware the room list is being flooded by KM a frustrated user. It may help, as a temporary measure,  if you use the following -

http://winmxunlimited.net/utilities/filteredlist.php

Addendum:

As at 12.25pm GMT it seems that Km has now decided to take down The Help Room and The Cafe. This it seems he considers is in the interests of the users ..... you go figure that logic out !!!!

Kenny

Re: Room List Flooding
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 10:55:12 pm »
 :/Is target just some rooms? then bigger rooms or innocents that do not belong to any room?
Fact hes disgruntled needs addressing before this really goes overboard.
Fight obviously lays with a room or two...if they are responsible they should work this out for the rest of us!
I am victim of tactics this KM must have had..they dump a real nasty message then hit iggy so you cant reply
or run back to room have you thrown out by THEM causing DRAMA.

Offline Nickster2132

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 12:39:52 am »
King in microw is doing something that should have been done a long time ago and is well needed
~E-9 SGM Sergeant Major Nicholas Dilbeck~
Stupidity is not a disability, complain elsewhere"

Offline Nickster2132

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 12:41:29 am »
KM in me defense  is doing something that should have been done a long time ago and is well needed

Offline Nickster2132

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 12:42:43 am »
GO KM GO *RISES HIS POM POMS* GO KM GO GO KM GO RA RA RA TAKE THAT SERVER DOWN GO KM GO....GIMMY A K, GIMMY A I GIMMY A N GIMMY A G GIVE ME GIMMY A M GIMMY A I GIMMY A CRO WHAT DO YOU GOT? KING MICRO KING MICRO RA RA RA!!

junkie

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 12:44:41 am »
my problem is every time i to open a room now it shuts down my browser and internet,  can he cause all that ya think??    
                                                                                                                                                                            junkie

Offline Nickster2132

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 12:51:51 am »
yes this is Km we are talking about he a BIG SCARY BAD MAN you all have to remember km was with vladd 44 in begging when was first around when it died they made orignal patch to bring us back online because all drama that was caused in the room he took his cache don't you  think it's to stop before he takes it down all together  :canadian:

Offline ~*~SELENA~*~

• Forum Member
  • Room Owner MUSIC @ ThE Studio
    • The Studio
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 12:58:00 am »
I cant believe someone wou
yes this is Km we are talking about he a BIG SCARY BAD MAN you all have to remember km was with vladd 44 in begging when was first around when it died they made orignal patch to bring us back online because all drama that was caused in the room he took his cache don't you  think it's to stop before he takes it down all together  :canadian:

I cant believe someone would ban km after all he did for winmx with vladd44 and mx pie someone would ban a man that brought winmx back from the dead, that's like banning vladd himself you may not all agree with what happened and km pulling his cache but remember pri also did the same thing because of drama and now km has been banned from a room these are the reasons i left winmx altogether awhile ago, it's sad the drama continues I wish you all well and safe travels on your journey as SELENA is gone forever and KM your saying what i couldnt, Pri nice meeting you. As for max he left too real life means more than mx anymore, enjoy yourself it's a shame a great place reduced to nothing because of a few bad apples.
you will remember me as ~*~SELENA~*~ in 2005 on this forum....Room Owner MUSIC @ ThE Studio
 Long live Karaoke Colors (ex admin), we miss you Ele!!!

quack

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 03:40:28 am »
 geek wars
 no one wins
dharma for one - jethro tull

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 03:46:42 am »
There is no war when one guy is beating on all you users with his stick thats called cowardly bullying.

No one is attacking KM, talk of wars are misleading and wrong.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 04:23:57 am »
Quote from: quack
...geek wars...
Quote from: GS
...talk of wars...

"A strange game. Seems the only winning move is not to play." -Joshua (from 'wargames')

...btw, i thought our 'fight' was with the RIAA/MPAA/Macrovision Mediadefender etc....

rose

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 06:42:30 am »
can you tell me why there is so much of same rooms in channel list and  is hard to connect to rooms

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 09:20:12 am »
@ selena
'reduced to nothing because of a few bad apples'...
It was working very nicely thank you until the bad apples decided to attempt to destroy it.
Doesnt matter if KM or GOD himself brought Winmx back from the 'dead'. If they suddenly decide to bring it down, they are no better than anyone else that wants to bring it down. Who died and passed complete ownership to KM? ffs.

Offline Nickster2132

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 12:09:45 pm »
@ selena
'reduced to nothing because of a few bad apples'...
It was working very nicely thank you until the bad apples decided to attempt to destroy it.
Doesnt matter if KM or GOD himself brought Winmx back from the 'dead'. If they suddenly decide to bring it down, they are no better than anyone else that wants to bring it down. Who died and passed complete ownership to KM? ffs.

It was working very nicely thank you until the bad apples decided to attempt to destroy it....
then why would you decide to ban KM from the network hmm ? and Who died and passed ownership to KM NO ONE BECAUSE HE BROUGHT THIS PICE OF SHIT NETWORK BACK FROM THE DEAD AND NOW PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO LIKE START DRAMA AR KILLING IT thank you and i think it is about time i have said good bye to winmx and it's childish drama i am with my mother on this YES SELENA IS MY MOTHER i think it is time to leave all i have say is was nice meeting  people i did and max was nice meeting you PRI i told you so and you guys can have fun on your network because i am gone *poof*

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011, 12:14:23 pm »
You both mislead and delude yourself if you claim KM brought the network back on his own with no assistance, please remain calm and remember what winmx is all about, trust in your fellow users and friendship, dont let any attacker deflect you from keeping those friendships alive, either on mx or off it.

Shaun

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 07:12:55 pm »
personally I think it's all a load of bullshit as mx was designed FOR the underpaid masses. not a couple of giggling school kids who want or don't want their way Grow up ffs and take mx back to what it was originally designed for  ...... THE PEOPLE  

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 06:15:25 am »
take mx back to what it was originally designed for  ...... THE PEOPLE 

it was a geek named kevin's brainchild designed to take the place of the centralized opennap servers and make them more distributed.... for the people?... for its time... yes it could be considered that...

but after the C&D was sent to frontcode and kevin folded shop without so much as a peep (no code no documentation on the protocol etc) apparently it wasnt since it died that day while other networks continued.... which makes it feel more like a pet project than anything revolutionary... after all kevin technically still held the keys to getting winmx to 'start' (the cache servers) and operate (the protocol)....

i say this because ares was given a C&D as well and instead of tuck tail and run the application itself was open sourced... the source for many torrent applications can be downloaded in full.... and even the closed source and ancient 'soulseek' p2p app is documented....

after seeing what leaked i thought "thats it? thats whats been kept hidden? the MSN instant messanger protocol is more complex than this!"

call me cynical but after this... all i see is a group of kids that never grew up, with a serious case of nostalga, playing with a toy that was made by a company thats been out of business for years...

lets compare it to cars.... the AMC Pacer and Gremlin were revolutionary for their time (they were actually a bit ahead of their time)... but try finding parts.... AMC has been out of business for years.... granted there will always be the die-hard collectors keeping their Pacer running but seeing one on the road is going to be a rare sight indeed.... the average driver than saw the potential in the Pacer is going to move to something equally innovative such as the still manufactured Toyota Yaris or Honda Fit....

i just hope this leak causes a 'shit or get off the pot' moment.... cos this childish bickering is driving me nuts....

honestly... even with a clone client... i dont think it will.... bittorrent can do on even a 486 what winmx cant....
....the WPN is just.... an obsolete design....

*shrugs* tis my 2cents... and my 2cents alone.... for those who dont feel that way i wish them well, good luck, and even send some good karma their way... but after seeing this 'super secret' info i cant help but to shake my head and chuckle....

--edit car reference links--
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_Gremlin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Yaris
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Fit

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2011, 09:02:03 am »
I for one resent all the implied critisism, no one at wmw has attacked the network and simply because we all care so much and where aware of the dangerous material being exposed thats no reason to pretend we caused anyone harm, its always been the case that a few ips are out of date on the blocklist and these are removed at intervals but its also well known those IP's are not from domestic home user blocks thus there is no danger of them blocking the innocent by accident as there could be if they where dynamically reallocated, so when the facts are on the table all we saw was a  bully at work, one who used to be a fellow winmx supporter, that simply makes these attacks all the more disappointing.

Regardless of whether the attacks have stopped or not a lot of users have been driven away and a lot of damage done I honestly feel he has killed the netwotk by irresponsibly realeasing his documents and attacking it as we are now wide open to further such attacks and a fix will require recreating the entire primary engine in the client and then upgrading the primary thus affecting all users and requiring a whole network update, we have struggled for years to gather all the information required and make the time to undertake such an endevour and thus while we have a lot of things in progress the part we need is not amongst that in hand material I dont know what else to say, unless the users themselves get involved and focused on a crash build program its clear the networks days are termially numbered, thats not BS thats the reality, blaming wmw for our situation is simply wrong.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2011, 03:33:16 am »
@gs i dont blame wmw...

by irresponsibly realeasing his documents and attacking it as we are now wide open to further such attacks

msn(aim icq etc) was reverse engineered by various folk to allow 3rd party im tools to connect.... its not rocket science... obscurity != security... ...if km (and bender, eagle, ranma, etc) could do it someone at a so-called antipiracy group just as determined could do it as well without the documents... ...the only real difference here is target size...

and a fix will require recreating the entire primary engine in the client and then upgrading the primary thus affecting all users and requiring a whole network update

compared to using a 7 yr old app? sounds good to me... ...would you be willing to continue your use of windows xp if no security patches had been released in that long of a time?

we have struggled for years to gather all the information required and make the time to undertake such an endevour and thus while we have a lot of things in progress the part we need is not amongst that in hand material I dont know what else to say

this goes back to target size... the group is too small...

unless the users themselves get involved and focused on a crash build program its clear the networks days are termially numbered, thats not BS thats the reality

target size again --- you said it yourself ;
Regardless of whether the attacks have stopped or not a lot of users have been driven away

and the 'casual' ones left when frontcode shut down... for as many as there are that love the wpn there are many many more that find happyness in a new home...

im not entirely sure what point it is you are trying to make -- honestly.. i dont know -- cos its not wmw, km, v44, pie, mx4u etc that decide if the users use winmx its the users that ultimately decide that...

you once said you'd help keep the wpn going if the userbase had shrunk to even 100 users... do you want to keep it going for as long as users continue to use it (in all its brokenness)? or do you want to try and grab new users?   what is the goal?  which way do the wpn users want it?

winmx is an app full of holes... so you have to pick.... dev team replacing winmx and its protocols... or the inevitable, of users slowly (or quickly) leaving...

either way, winmx as it originally was, is dead... no fixing this... frontcode is gone and the leftover app is insecure...

so i ask honestly.... what is the goal? (keep in mind the users voting with their feet when answering that)

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 06:16:19 am »
WinMx is not dying because YOU think it's dying.
There is still a userbase making it worthy to search for renewal and plugging the holes.
If smart programmer like our recent network abuser would work on plugging the holes and not showing there are holes as we all already know, we could have a new client and a safer protocol right now.
It is just his power hungry ego that makes it impossible to negotiate and listen to what the users of WinMx realy want. There is only one right way and that is his way. If we don't listen, well he grabs his tools and does damage wherever he can.
SS you are talking like an undertaker arranging a funeral long before the patient has died. three clients and one server is still a network.
You will have to kill me before that network dies.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Room List Flooding

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx