gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 11:49:44 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  WMW Should Not Be Blocking Filesharers With the Blocklist
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WMW Should Not Be Blocking Filesharers With the Blocklist  (Read 9932 times)

Offline Knot4Prophet

• Forum Member
    • Knot4Prophet.com
WMW Should Not Be Blocking Filesharers With the Blocklist
« on: March 04, 2011, 01:13:27 am »
WMW has overstepped their bounds in attempting to block file sharers from the network.  Now these files are widely available all over the net on at least one site.  I discussed with Quickz that the files cannot be blocked, once they are out there, and it's obvious they can't.  

Using the blocklist to block specific users and or files they share has NEVER been under the purview of WMW.

If WMW thinks they can decide who can share which files on WinMx, then that is an attack on WinMx itself.

I agree that KM isn't acting in the best interests of WinMx by attempting to destroy it over some minor blocklist abuse, but he has a valid point nonetheless.  

Is WMW too proud to remove a few ip's that were blocked for the wrong reasons?  

Is WMW too proud to admit they've overstepped their bounds by attempting to decide for all WinMx users which files they should be allowed access to?

Do what's right.  

Remove the ip's that were wrongfully added to the blocklist and get out of the business of deciding which files should be available on WinMx.

The stated intention for blocking these ip addresses is that they were sharing files that can be used to take down WinMx.

Well guess what - the files are all over the net anyways, in part, because of the spurious actions of overzealous admin(s) who value their own pride and power, over the good of WinMx.

[edited by admin to stop anti winmx activity]
Knot4Prophet

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Re: WMW Should Not Be Blocking Filesharers With the Blocklist
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 01:56:47 am »
KM demanded 'his' IP was removed from the blocklist.

Once he eventually identified which IP it was, we took a step towards resolving this in good faith. A step you yourself said in the room was a very reasonable approach.
No such step towards resolving this issue was taken by KM, he just changed his demands.
KM's demands also extend beyond the user who was blocked, it's not quite as simple as it seems on the surface Knot.

There are no users on the blocklist.

In order to further resolve this, I was trying to discuss the issue with KM in the backup room last night, after it appeared that he decided to knock the help room offline.
The conversation was largely ignored by KM who instead chose to argue with others in the room.

There is no indication that removing the IP's will stop the current attack. In fact KM's actions indicate that he will yet again change his demands and continue to do so.

The fact that a user was added to the blocklist as a result of sharing information of a sensitive nature to the network and sharing the src code to software they did not own, nor have permission to share cannot be denied.
I cannot go back in time and change that.

What I can do is to work with KM regarding his concerns, which I am more than willing to do, as those who were in the helproom can attest.
Unfortunately it is clear that KM seems unable to move past what has already happened with a view to improving what might happen.
He has, as yet, been unwilling to make a similar step to resolve the issue in good faith as we have done.

Offline Knot4Prophet

• Forum Member
    • Knot4Prophet.com
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 02:59:02 am »
Actually, Toad, KM said this evening he would stop the attacks if the TOR exit nodes were removed, and he'd negotiate on the others.  So there is an avenue of peace.  And the ip's shouldnt have been blocked to begin with. 

Unblock the TOR exit nodes.
Knot4Prophet

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Online White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 03:17:56 am »
....why.... do i not believe that.....

Offline Knot4Prophet

• Forum Member
    • Knot4Prophet.com
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 03:23:36 am »
Whether you believe it or not is inconsequential.  Testing it by removing a few TOR exit nodes that shouldn't have been added to begin with hurts no one.  Doing nothing, obviously, does.
Knot4Prophet

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 03:33:19 am »
I am of the opinion that unless KM gives a public undertaking to cease his criminal attacks on the WinMX network we have no further dealing with him, dealing in bad faith is no deal at all.

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 03:54:12 am »
I want to see everyone come to an agreement. Remove the IPs that shouldn't be in there, And stop screwing up the WPN....
None of these users need to suffer for this. And it is getting there. Can there be an OK from you guys?
A cat will almost always blink when hit with a hammer.

Offline Knot4Prophet

• Forum Member
    • Knot4Prophet.com
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 03:55:54 am »
I am of the opinion that unless KM gives a public undertaking to cease his criminal attacks on the WinMX network we have no further dealing with him, dealing in bad faith is no deal at all.

KM has said publicly he will stop the attacks the moment the TOR exit nodes are removed.  So fucking remove them.
Knot4Prophet

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 04:00:27 am »
I,m sorry you are stooping to abuse this site and its visitors Knot, I'm also suprised you bow so easily to attackers who are destroying the WPN and talking of hacking this site to aid the attack, I would advise you to calm down and take a step away from this heated drama , I ask you this nicely, no more abuse please.

Offline Knot4Prophet

• Forum Member
    • Knot4Prophet.com
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 04:21:51 am »
I,m sorry you are stooping to abuse this site and its visitors Knot, I'm also suprised you bow so easily to attackers who are destroying the WPN and talking of hacking this site to aid the attack, I would advise you to calm down and take a step away from this heated drama , I ask you this nicely, no more abuse please.

I'm not abusing anyone, Quicks.  I'm not bowing to anyone, either.  The blocklist should NOT be used to filter users or files from the network. 

The one attacking Mx is doing so because of your unilateral actions in using the blocklist to settle your own personal grudges, Quicks. 

I do not support anyone attacking the network, but I do see his point.

Unban the TOR exit nodes.  For the good of WinMx.
Knot4Prophet

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Online White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 04:30:53 am »
for the good of winmx shouldnt KM stop his actions, at least for a while, and post his argument on the forum (pref under his real nickname instead of using something unknown)? ya know... sit down at the negotiation table rather than drop a nuke?

Offline Knot4Prophet

• Forum Member
    • Knot4Prophet.com
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 04:35:44 am »
for the good of winmx shouldnt KM stop his actions, at least for a while, and post his argument on the forum (pref under his real nickname instead of using something unknown)? ya know... sit down at the negotiation table rather than drop a nuke?

Yes, SS, I've suggested exactly that to him, as well. 
Knot4Prophet

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 04:35:53 am »
I resigned from this site and thus have no say over what is or is not on the blocklist and I question why you mislead ppl despite being told many times why that IP was banned and that it was KM's IP not a users IP, KM does not socially use the WPN, well except to attack it.

It was placed on the blocklist by myself due to it sharing files that contain information on how to abuse the primary network, along with stolen items from this site, I fail to see why pandering to this person and helping him spread the material as you have tried to do aids any WinMx user, today the damage is caused by KM and tomorrow another cowardly attacker who we have no way to stop, logic dictates that you cannot make deals with such irresponsible people nor should anyone try to do so, their word is worth nothing when they fail to follow their own reasoning, km has said he is doing this action to save free speech etc so perhaps he can explain how he is censoring so many, hypocrite and abuser spring to mind.

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 04:37:22 am »
     If everyone would remember that those we are arguing with have all contributed to helping Winmx , whether in the past or currently, and respect that this was done without monetary compensation, nor recognition or even gratitude in some cases, it would be easier to refrain from responding to each other with counterproductive criticism.  I know a resolution can be achieved with cool heads and the desire for compromise.  We all care about Winmx,  this flooding needs to stop, and the concerns of those who have voiced disagreement with the way the block list has been handled, need to be heard.  
The users are who suffer the most from these types of confrontations.  Now is not the time to be prideful for either side, nor to see who can outlast the next..  as the longer this goes on ... the more users we lose.  

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011, 04:41:03 am »
Very well put Kitty  8)

I do however feel I should point out that its not wise to deal with those who cannot keep to their word nor it seems care what damage they do, such ppl with no concience are not folks anyone should support.

Offline Knot4Prophet

• Forum Member
    • Knot4Prophet.com
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 04:49:23 am »
23:47:28   ®ÊN  Pri   the good news is that the room refreshing has stopped so your rooms if you put them back online will show up on the channel list

There's an act of good faith, right there.  Now clear the TOR exit nodes.
Knot4Prophet

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Online White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 04:53:01 am »
23:47:28   ®ÊN  Pri   the good news is that the room refreshing has stopped so your rooms if you put them back online will show up on the channel list

There's an act of good faith, right there.  Now clear the TOR exit nodes.

that came from pri... not km.... wheres km? you said you suggested he post here... send that request again..... lets hear him say what he has to say...

Online White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 04:54:16 am »
Very well put Kitty  8)

I do however feel I should point out that its not wise to deal with those who cannot keep to their word nor it seems care what damage they do, such ppl with no concience are not folks anyone should support.

even if you dont make a deal with the devil it may be interesting to hear what he has to say....

-edit-

apologies for the doublepost

Offline Knot4Prophet

• Forum Member
    • Knot4Prophet.com
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 04:59:27 am »
23:58:27 FalsifiedAlias a few days ago when i tried to post on winmxworld they had it set to require admin approval to create an account... and of course they took over my account ages ago, so i'm not going to post there, plus they'd probably just edit it anyway

That's what KM had to say, SS.
Knot4Prophet

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Online White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 05:11:55 am »
the channel list says that "wonder why this is still going on " .... " ask them [wmw] why" ...

he wont post here but wants the questions asked here.... i do not understand....

is there another forum he is willing to post to?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  WMW Should Not Be Blocking Filesharers With the Blocklist

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx