gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 12:58:29 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Room List Flooding
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Room List Flooding  (Read 10316 times)

Offline achilles

• Core
Re: Room List Flooding
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2011, 11:17:09 am »
I like the ideal of downloading in chunks because it is faster, and more efficient.  It would change the entire network though, but I don't see that as a bad thing. If that never happens I will still continue to use WinMX because that is not what brought me to WinMx to begin with.  The  one thing that I feel must be changed as soon as possible is the 2GB file limitation.  I may not agree with the way in which KM or Bieb is going about his campaign, but I do agree that having a 2GB cap is a huge disadvantage. For this very reason I don't use WinMx nearly as much as I use to.  Since the invent of Blue-Ray many people prefer higher quality media such as HD which in most instances will be above the current 2GB cap.  I myself do not want to have to cut my media up into frames, and archive them in order to share them. I also don't want those type of files in my collection. I was hoping that could be corrected when the new client is released, but I have been informed that the 2GB file limitation will remain with the new client.  It made more since to me to go ahead, and remedy this in the first release of the new client, but I have been informed that is not possible because that client will not be compatible with the old client.  So when a new functioning client is completed, and they have something to improve upon I hope they intend to remove the 2Gb cap.
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2011, 12:49:23 pm »
The  one thing that I feel must be changed as soon as possible is the 2GB file limitation
as it stands the 2gig is a goof bug or artificial limit in the client..... files larger than 2gig just dont work....

however... the protocol itself only allows for an absolute max of 4gig.... past that requires yet another modification of the protocol...

also as it stands the larger the file gets the weaker the hash is at keeping the data intact.... so 2gig in and of itself is pushing it... that means yet another change....

doable? yes... with time.... just that the pro-bittorrent view is that those two items are already taken care of....

remember 'cake vs edith' .....

-edit typo-

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2011, 01:18:30 pm »
I don't understand why you brought up file previews? All I said about them was that people view it as necessary because they are not able to view or give any community feedback via comments or detailed information on a file. They only see a file name on WinMX.

In WinMx you need only about 8Mb of a file to preview what you are downloading
The info you get from sites does not always represent whats in the "box"

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2011, 01:36:36 pm »
Silver Stripes, I will  PM you about the 2GB cap.  I don't want to get off topic more than I already have.
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2011, 06:41:10 pm »
I don't understand why you brought up file previews? All I said about them was that people view it as necessary because they are not able to view or give any community feedback via comments or detailed information on a file. They only see a file name on WinMX.

In WinMx you need only about 8Mb of a file to preview what you are downloading
The info you get from sites does not always represent whats in the "box"

I don't know what sites you have used but most users are smart enough to stay away from obvious fake torrent files that have no user comments on site.

In fact every torrent site I'm a part of it's almost impossible to find a torrent without feedback by users.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2011, 09:01:25 pm »
@bieb

and that is exactly why WinMx has chatrooms with trusted users, interact about content of the shared files

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2011, 10:14:17 pm »
@bieb

and that is exactly why WinMx has chatrooms with trusted users, interact about content of the shared files

Where do you think those users in those chat rooms get their files? There are not any scene groups ripping movies on WinMX that I know of. Almost everything is supplemented from other P2P sources such as bittorent.

A full page of release info (bitrate, imdb info, rotten tomatoes info, actors, plot details, resolution, video and audio encoding, screen grabs of a film to view quality before you download anything) along with users commenting about a torrent is far more useful to me than just having a file name and then asking another user to go look up the information from where they grabbed a film from.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2011, 12:23:23 am »
I wonder which user is taking this topic off topic ?

Please note this is a WinMx support forum, not a general p2p site Bieb, you have at last bored me to death with your repetitive claims for a file sharing method thats has seen 100,000 folks threatened with suit in a single afternoon, I,m not sure what the extortion figures are for the whole year but its too many for most to bother taking such risks with their hard earned savings or future earnings.

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2011, 02:17:40 am »
I wonder which user is taking this topic off topic ?

Please note this is a WinMx support forum, not a general p2p site Bieb, you have at last bored me to death with your repetitive claims for a file sharing method thats has seen 100,000 folks threatened with suit in a single afternoon, I,m not sure what the extortion figures are for the whole year but its too many for most to bother taking such risks with their hard earned savings or future earnings.

Do you have something against comparative discussion?

Why do you try to put down and suppress anyone who has a view other than the extremely "pro-winmx forever" view that you have?

It's quite clear you're not a nice person as you manipulate anyone you can to get what you want, and you twist peoples words around to suit your own argument. It's not a secret, we all can see it, we all saw it last week when you were arguing with KM as your lies and contradictions came clear in the light.

All I ask if you allow others to voice their views and not immediately try to slam them down as you do time and time again.

One person is not always right. You really need to realize this.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2011, 02:24:15 am »
Pot and kettle story

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2011, 04:45:12 am »
Josh,
Are you really truly an idiot?
Turn WinMX into BT to 'improve' it?
If I wanted to use BT to download (and upload, by force) I already have that.
For the things im after, BT sucks. It always will suck. I highly dislike the less than stellar search results offered by BT as well as its plain out in open sight to the world of ip addresses. Its cute to get Linux from but otherwise has very limited use. Now your attacking people about it?
Shouldnt you get... a Job? Oh and BTW, the filesize limit is the just a little over 2 gig. So if you cannot deal with the horrible quality of a file that is an actual 2 gig, as in 2,000,000,000 bytes time to go visit the movie theater or rent a nice blue ray disk. Downloading gigantic files for little improved quality is a bit nutzo.

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2011, 05:16:58 am »
Josh,
Are you really truly an idiot?
Turn WinMX into BT to 'improve' it?
If I wanted to use BT to download (and upload, by force) I already have that.
For the things im after, BT sucks. It always will suck. I highly dislike the less than stellar search results offered by BT as well as its plain out in open sight to the world of ip addresses. Its cute to get Linux from but otherwise has very limited use. Now your attacking people about it?
Shouldnt you get... a Job? Oh and BTW, the filesize limit is the just a little over 2 gig. So if you cannot deal with the horrible quality of a file that is an actual 2 gig, as in 2,000,000,000 bytes time to go visit the movie theater or rent a nice blue ray disk. Downloading gigantic files for little improved quality is a bit nutzo.

No, I am certainly not an idiot.

I never once stated that we should turn WinMX into bittorent now did I? But you sure can twist words like someone else on this forum to suit your personal argument needs can't you?

Bittorent itself doesn't suck. It's simply a different method of transferring information.

I think you misunderstand how to use bittorent if you're saying that bittorent has one standard set of search results. Bittorent is just the P2P technology. It's up to the content torrent tracker websites to be there for people to deliver and share their content with others. Obviously a specialized private torrent site geared towards music is going to have far more results and in depth music releases than searching some generic public torrent website like the pirate bay. If you honestly think bittorent has limited use you don't fully understand how it works and how to get content for it.

2 Gigabytes is not an even 2 billion bytes, it's 2,147,483,648. You should at least give accurate facts when arguing a point.... and I don't need to rent a bluray disk as I can just download a bluray rip from another P2P source bittorent or something else...  I really don't understand why when someone wants to give a different view or opinion that is not 100% dead on pro winmx they get shunned for it?

And regarding the 2GB limit again. If you take a look at the poll RReactor made already the majority of voters would prefer to be able to transfer fles above 2GB. It's not just myself who want to share larger disk image files (ISOs), HD movies, and anything else under the sun that is above that file size.

If anyone feels the need to continue this discussion perhaps we should bring it over to the 2GB cap poll thread RReactor created so this topic can finally get back on track? lol.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2011, 09:06:32 am »
I,m not sure what contradictions your claiming Josh so while I'm in  a nice mood I suggest you PM them to me, if your implying I have lied both myself and the users would like to know the facts of that, please dont get the idea that because its this months trend to abuse wmw admins with false claims I,m willing to rolll over and say nothing, that is not the case.

I think when your on a winmx suport forum and keep making the same repeated advertisements for BT in many new topics taking them all off topic then you have to face the truth of the matter your not really a winmx supporter your a BT fanboi and thus should not expect us to have to put up with your topic derailing activities.

For those doing there research they will already know why theres the artificial limit internally to Winmx and its all to do with compatibility for older operating systems that likely make up few of the userbase presently, it is not any big issue to upgrade the protocol to accept many changes its more a logistical matter because it involves creating a new primary client to implement the changes that will then be incomptaible with the much loved frontcode original.  

This leads on nicely to the original topic, a protocol upgrade would also make abusive attacks harder if not impossible however the creation of a new primary replacement client is at this time a mountain thats too high for the community to acheive purely in programming effort/time,, this was why releasing materials to aid exploits was simply irresponsible, theres little anyone can do with such once trusted folks abusing us all in this cavalier way.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2011, 10:53:40 am »
No, I am certainly not an idiot.

Idiot -   a mentally deficient person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way

You ever acted in a self defeating or significantly counterproductive way Josh?  The case rests.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2011, 11:12:18 am »
Lol yes

He could always send bomb threats to frontcode to release the source code.  :baby:
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2011, 12:02:56 pm »
This is getting slightly annoying now. As every Topic opens, discussing the greater needs and improvements of WinMx people take it off topic and start slating each other.

Lets all calm down and actually think of a creative way of making things better. What ever happened to team work.
System(s) Configuration
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo T4500 CPU @ 2.3Ghz, 2048MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2011, 01:50:09 pm »
This is getting slightly annoying now. As every Topic opens, discussing the greater needs and improvements of WinMx people take it off topic and start slating each other.

Lets all calm down and actually think of a creative way of making things better. What ever happened to team work.

go back in time with the forum a bit.... look at the older posts.... many of them trailed off topic and into arguments as well...
its a bit of a tradition around here ;)

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2011, 04:39:53 pm »
Topic locked as it was spiralling off topic and was heading for another stage of upset.
System(s) Configuration
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo T4500 CPU @ 2.3Ghz, 2048MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Room List Flooding

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx