gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 19, 2024, 04:20:51 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Web Based Channel List (updated)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Web Based Channel List (updated)  (Read 16023 times)

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
Re: Web Based Channel List (updated)
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 03:24:25 am »
The page looks nicer... nice work Bieb. Quick question, does the update have anything to to with not many rooms showing the topic {WinmxUnlimited} ?
Or maybe the channel list attack has intensified and blocking out the {WinmxUnlimited} channels.

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 04:39:54 am »
In the last few the days it seems the attacks have intensified as the room count has gone from 450 to struggling to reach 400 now.

In regards to the [WinMXUnlimited] rooms (custom added ones), they are being sent out as best as they can to WinMX users requesting room lists. But they will always show on the web room list page. Although some of them will not have the [WinMXUnlimited] tag because the live wpn rooms take priority, and any rooms on the custom list that are not receiving over the regular network room listings are added afterwards without the tag.

Hopefully that makes sense, it kind of confused me typing it out lol.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2011, 05:16:39 am »
lol that makes sense, thanks for clearing that up :)

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 05:26:03 am »
Another significant update:

You can now easily join chat rooms in WinMX by clicking the room name of the room on the web room list web page.

Simply install the new mxlnk handler once, and you're good to go.

More Info:
http://winmxunlimited.net/projects/winmx-link-handler/

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 06:14:41 am »
Sounds like a nice update. I guess this means winmxunlimted will no longer attempt to inject rooms into the winmx channel list?

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 06:33:07 am »
Sounds like a nice update. I guess this means winmxunlimted will no longer attempt to inject rooms into the winmx channel list?

Unfortunately it's simply not possible to do anymore. With 2.5 million+ refresh packets per hour and the inability to distinguish the real requests from the fake ones makes it almost impossible to do. However, the rooms that you do add will still show up on the website.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 06:47:59 am »
Thanks Bieb, thats too bad that its no longer possible, it was nice, almost like old times seeing a good list. Many of us appreciate the effort you've put into it, and this is the next best thing to having the actual winmx channel list. Good work :)

Offline RebelMX

• Core
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 07:31:25 pm »
I have to ask this:

Main Features:

Easily join chat rooms in WinMX from the chat room list page with one click.
    No need to copy and paste room names.
    No need to make sure the app is running. It runs automatically when a mxlnk is clicked.

Instructions

Using this app is very simple. Simply download and install, then make sure WinMX is running and whenever you click a room name on our web room list your WinMX will attempt to join that chat room. Your web browser probably will ask you to allow an external application to handle the link, simply hit allow and check the box so it remembers your decision for the next time you click a mxlnk.
Does that mean Winmx DOES or DOESNT need to be open?

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 09:09:50 pm »
then make sure WinMX is running

WinMX needs to be open with the room list open. In the main feature list what I mean is, you don't have to actually "run" the app after you install it. It automatically runs when you click on a mxlnk: by itself.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2011, 06:48:31 am »
Nice idea Bieb ..I will try this soon even if I always get a full roomlist (on sec)  :yes: (but lately that is also because of your site), I've added complimentairy links to both of my site portals for that  :yes: thumbs up m8
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Will

• WMW Team
  • It wasn't me
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2011, 04:48:01 pm »
Why do you encode everything if you only need the channel name for it to work? Using only the channel name would result in shorter urls and you wouldn't need to split the output before passing it to the chat joiner making it a little quicker(not that much) too :)

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2011, 06:28:21 pm »
It might be useful to have the other information for something else down the road. It doesn't really matter as people probably won't be copying and pasting people mxlnks, they might as well just paste room names into the filter bar. And the way I made it, the first byte once it's un-encoded and decompressed is the marker for the type of mxlnk, so it could be expanded for other uses as well.

And the way I made the link handler, I could just not include the other information, as long as there are enough nulls it should still work.

Offline Will

• WMW Team
  • It wasn't me
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2011, 06:44:55 pm »
Fair enough, I noticed the marker as well and thought that's what you'd probably used it for. Not a bad idea at all :)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2011, 04:46:54 am »
One has to ask why this sites room is and continues to be censored on Joshs list, perhaps we should reciprocate and create our own list ?

Of course that means removing all of Joshs links here  ;)

The clock is ticking.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2011, 02:41:42 pm »
at first it was due to the multitude of fake winmxworld help rooms... dunno if the fakes are still there tho... ...never tried manually adding it with the new feature to see if it shows (its not my room)...

my gut thinks josh just left the old code in - in a case of 'lazy' rather than active cencorship...

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2011, 03:27:32 pm »
Most likely but I must confess to have been seeing this from september and so we have to draw a line in the sand somewhere.

As a further point it must also be noted he had also removed all links to wmw and so this is basically a final warning, our reciprocation policy is we link to you if you link to us and if he no longer wants that he need do nothing further.

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2011, 08:03:53 pm »
I have double checked my code and there is nothing preventing any rooms from being listed on that page. The only reason I can think of is that the chat server hosting the wmw room is not connected to the network and listing its room, or it's completely overpowered and is not able to respond to all requests, specifically the one for this web service.

However, there has been this page for a few months now that lets room hosts manually add their rooms to that list if they are running their chat servers in offline mode so people are still able to find it. Your ip address does need to match the ip address of the chat room you are trying to add in order for it to be authorized, if you arent able to access a web browser on that server special arrangements can be made for me to manually insert it.

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2011, 08:35:39 pm »
The wmw help room is in fact being run in offline mode most of the time and since the room hash is available on this site we never bothered to enter it into josh's site.
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2011, 09:43:04 pm »
cheers for popping by Josh I,m just suprised you forgot your old friends so fast and didnt add us automatically  :lol:

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2011, 02:50:34 am »
Well I just manually added it in there for you guys. The ip that is hosting the room should be able to remove it/edit the topic if they choose to do so later in the future.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Web Based Channel List (updated)

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 27 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx