gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 06, 2024, 07:54:30 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Web Based Channel List (updated)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Web Based Channel List (updated)  (Read 16472 times)

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
Web Based Channel List (updated)
« on: April 21, 2011, 10:32:30 pm »
I have updated my web room list to a new, better looking jquery/ajax javascript type table script so sorting, and filtering is done dynamically without having to reload the whole page.

I have also updated filteredlist.php so it redirects to this new url, so incase anyone doesn't read this but still uses the old url, they will still find it.

I have modified the code behind this script so that chat rooms are saved for up to two hours, instead of ten minutes. This allows it to display a near complete room list around 550 chat rooms. Enjoy.

https://www.winmxunlimited.net/utilities/wpnlist/

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
Re: Web Based Channel List (updated)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 07:23:29 am »
I have finally enabled it so Internet Explorer users (those poor souls) are able to access this page as well. For some reason the main header of the table is 3 times as large as it's supposed to be in IE, but as soon as you type in some filter text it reverts back to normal. If I can, I will try to get it completely fixed.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 08:04:09 am »
if you havent already give this a look; http://dean.edwards.name/ie7/

it does its best to try to fix as many css bugs in IEs 5 though 8 as it can.... while just being a regular .js included with conditional comments....

beware trying to fix alpha ping with it tho... bugs still abound in that part...

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 02:11:23 pm »
Thanks Josh, looks great to me ;)

EDIT:
PS... Thanks Silver ...for the intresting link (even if this was for someone else  :D)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 09:27:18 pm »
I have added a link on the main page of the web room list but I will post it here as well. You can now manually add chat rooms to the list that are not on there.

So if you are a room host who has stopped listing your room due to the attacks, or you know a chat room that is not listing, you now can add it on the list manually.

The channel name you enter has to be valid as it does check to make sure it is a valid and open chat room before adding it.

http://winmxunlimited.net/utilities/wpnlist/tools/addroom.php

You also are able to remove your own entries that you add to this list as long as you still are on the same ip address as when you added them.

Offline ¿Åliçe

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 01:04:24 am »
Thanks Josh

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 02:54:24 am »
The boys done good  :o

I take comfort from times like this that deep in a little heart somewhere some folks do actually care and want to help  :-D

Offline RebelMX

• Core
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 06:06:11 am »
I particularly see comfort when it says "it checks that its a valid room" to avoid the sort of spoofing that would otherwise be possible.
VERY nice work Josh.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 07:57:53 am »
*sniffs* .....anyone else smell metis script and chat server plugin potential?

Offline RebelMX

• Core
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 11:57:00 am »
LOL
funny you sld say that, I read this this morning and was considering writing it when I get in from work later :) feel free to beat me to it

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 05:15:43 am »
Rooms added on the manual adder page will now have a guaranteed listing on the actual wpn with "[WinMXUnlimited]" at the beginning of their topics.

The script now also checks rooms that have been manually added on a regular basis to remove the ones that are no longer open.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 06:47:28 am »
Nice work bieb. Could save some hosts some bandwidth :)

Offline Ladynred

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 03:07:17 pm »
Great job!! Thanks so much!!

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 04:59:43 am »
Just another update. The web room list is now completely php based in the sense that it does the requesting of the room list and the receiving of the room list packets from chat servers itself on the server instead of a remote app updating the channel list database. You shouldn't really notice anything except the fact that the channel list will only be down when the whole server the website is on is down, which wouldn't matter since you won't be able to access any of it lol.

Offline Ladynred

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2011, 12:13:15 am »
Question..... If someone gets mad at me and my room can they be taken off this list?? That appears to be what has happened to me.

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 02:11:03 am »
The answer is no. Only the person who added the room can remove it. If however someone techy is mad at you, it is possible that they are interfering with your room showing on the network in some other way.

Surely you are a nice and kind person and have not pissed anyone off? :)

Offline Ladynred

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2011, 04:00:31 am »
Bieb... they have done it. Both my rooms that i've had for 7 yearson winmx with no problem have been removed from the list and i can not put them back on. Also they no longer show in a room browse like they were before. I banned 1 person for a good reason and this friend of theirs i had never met before said they were taking me off this list until i unban their friend...and they immediately did...how i don't know. I am the one who had put our room there to begin with...never removed them myself.... and now we are not on and can't get back on the list. I am not going to be bullied by some stranger who wants to run my room and tell me what i can and can not do but i'd like to be back on the list if anyone can help.....

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2011, 04:28:44 am »
Which room is yours? I can check to see if it's still in the database. But if it is, there is no reason it should not be showing up.

Also I'm assuming that you're still trying to list your room yourself? Which chat server are you using? WCS 1.8.3.1 is immune to the large packet attacks.

Offline Ladynred

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2011, 12:23:15 pm »
Thanks so much for trying to help. After the attack my room had to suffer thru after posting my comment above i'll just keep my rooms invisiable....

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 01:26:52 am »
Another update:

The list has been integrated with the overall website style and the link has moved to: http://winmxunlimited.net/tools/chat-room-list/

The old url will redirect to the new one.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Web Based Channel List (updated)

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.007 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx