gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 01:43:18 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Important WPN attack information
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Important WPN attack information  (Read 66393 times)

Offline OnTopOfYourWife

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
Re: Important WPN attack information
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2011, 04:12:09 pm »
It must be frustrating for moses and his friends business partners to finally realize that after six months spending all those resources to cause a minor nuisance that didn't affect most people in any serious way, they accomplished a total of nothing.

Nothing, zero, nilch, nada. 0.

WinMX is there and going strong like it always has, everyone is there and doing what they always did.

Poor guy, must have choked on that toast of his. Life is hard for all the "moses" types out there in the world. But I'm glad they exist, because otherwise life could be almost as boring, insipid and pointless as theirs. So thanks for the free entertainment. :lol:

Offline musiclover30

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2011, 10:51:36 am »
oy long time user and long time viewer first time caller i been usin win mx since 01 and since its rebirth in 05 the best p2p network with the most active users in the world just wanna pop in and say thanks for all the great years and hope for many more to come

Offline Bongowill

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2012, 12:07:05 pm »
I haven't really felt these attacks in a significant way myself since I'm not a big user of the search window (all I need is right there on the people queued on my user list), and when I go to the Wikipedia entry for WinMX and I read something like

"WinMX has been under severe network attacks and almost all usable functionality of the network has been lost."

That almost makes me laugh, and I do hope someone contacts Wikipedia soon to have that ridiculously exaggerated statement corrected to something a little more accurate. Sure, people who rely more on the search window will no doubt feel a little more hindered, but that comes with the way you use WinMX and your experience using it. For me, it proved virtually irrelevant !

Offline harold

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2012, 12:26:33 pm »
It doesn't really matter whether it's some sorry ass loser with no life who invests his full time on this from his parents basement, where he lives despite being well on his thirties and still a virgin, or if it's a dedicated and well paid group of wannabe hackers hired by the media industry cartel, of if it's a disgruntled, sanctimonious salaryman going a little more than out of his way in a personal crusade against what he perceives as "the enemy" or whatever...

The point to be made out of this, is that a network with the dimension and scope of WinMX shouldn't have obvious vulnerabilities sitting there to be so easily exploited. It's not about the attacker's motives and reasons, but about the holes being there for anyone who wants to attack WinMX.

The really important aspect to retain is that, thanks to these otherwise pointless and almost result-less attacks (for most savvy users anyway), soon WinMX will emerge stronger than ever, more secure than ever and more reliable than ever. :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Important WPN attack information

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx